Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Nwaubani Wins Commonwealth Writers' Prize - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nwaubani Wins Commonwealth Writers' Prize (912 Views)

Adaobi Nwaubani Wins Commonwealth Prize / Nigerian Wins Commonwealth Literary Competition / Uwem Akpan wins Commonwealth Regional Prize For his short story anthology. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nwaubani Wins Commonwealth Writers' Prize by Pharoh: 7:51pm On Mar 11, 2010
NEXT's Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani has won the Commonwealth Writers' Prize for Best First Book in the Africa Region.

The debut novelist won for her novel, ‘I Do Not Come To You By Chance'. The win was announced by the Commonwealth Foundation in South Africa earlier today. South African writer Marie Heese was also declared the Africa Regional winner in the Best Book category.

Nwaubani's winning book, ‘I Do Not Come To You By Chance' tells the story of a young man drawn into the clandestine world of Nigerian advance fee fraud, better known as ‘419'.

The author will now vie with winners in the other Commonwealth regions for the overall prize, to be announced in New Delhi, India, on April 12.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5538762-146/nwaubani_wins_commonwealth_writers_prize_.csp
Re: Nwaubani Wins Commonwealth Writers' Prize by agabaI23(m): 8:31pm On Mar 11, 2010
You beat me to it.
Congrats to her. May be another Chimamanda in the making.

Re: Nwaubani Wins Commonwealth Writers' Prize by slap1(m): 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2010
I said it on the other thread! Just loved d name of the book! Chai!! Wonderful!
Re: Nwaubani Wins Commonwealth Writers' Prize by Pharoh: 9:27pm On Mar 11, 2010
This is good news and i hope it will encourage others as well.
Re: Nwaubani Wins Commonwealth Writers' Prize by Orikinla(m): 4:06pm On Mar 13, 2010
I posted it on Digg to spread the good news around the world.

Adaobi Nwaubani Wins Coveted Commonwealth’s Writers Prize for Best First Book

http://digg.com/world_news/Adaobi_Nwaubani_Wins_Coveted_Commonwealth_Writers_Prize

(1) (Reply)

Where We Lost It / Past and Present Lovers in a Writer's Life / Monday 2 Sunday!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.