Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? (2215 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Nigerian Man Beats Up Jehovah’s Witness Who Refused Giv Blood For His Wife Pregn / Burial Of Married Pastors Who Died In An Accident While Returning From A Crusade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OtemAtum: 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
In about a year and half from now, a decision was made by the goverment. Whether local government or state government I cannot tell. A culvert was to be made at the side of the road, because a canal is right beside the expressroad. The culvert was made and all things go smoothly till today.

But today an accident struck. A BRT bus hit a danfo such that it tumbled and lay by its right side beside the road.It did not tumble into the canal because of the culvert made beside the road.

I as well as other passersby help the victims to come out of their buses, but none of them remembered to thank us or the culvert for rescuing them. They thank only Allah and Yahweh. A lady whom we helped came out and said, I shall do thanksgiving in my church.

Some of them snapped the buses because they say that they will use it to share testimony on the media and also in their religious gatherings.

Now tell me, who should be thanked in this situation? The culvert, the government who did the culvert and we who rescued them out of the damaged bus were not thanked, take note of this.

Richardbrandy, okaicorne, Dazzlingd, realmindz, hopefullandlord, dalaman, geoworldedu, felixomor, goodmuyis, iamgenius, wilgrea7, Muafrika2, johnydon22, 4kings, godsmopol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by greatnaija01: 12:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
THE GOD who created the humans that put the culvert in place nko?

If you can find and replicate the chemical formula for the breath you have then you have a right to ignore God!

GOD IS ALL IN ALL
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OtemAtum: 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2017
greatnaija01:
THE GOD who created the humans that put the culvert in place nko?

If you can find and replicate the chemical formula for the breath you have then you have a right to ignore God!

GOD IS ALL IN ALL

What is the name of the God who created the humans that put the culvert in that place?
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by Nelson21(m): 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
Hmm this is a tricky one.
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OkaiCorne(m): 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2017
OtemAtum:
In about a year and half from now, a decision was made by the goverment. Whether local government or state government I cannot tell. A culvert was to be made at the side of the road, because a canal is right beside the expressroad. The culvert was made and all things go smoothly till today.

But today an accident struck. A BRT bus hit a danfo such that it tumbled and lay by its right side beside the road.It did not tumble into the canal because of the culvert made beside the road.

I as well as other passersby help the victims to come out of their buses, but none of them remembered to thank us or the culvert for rescuing them. They thank only Allah and Yahweh. A lady whom we helped came out and said, I shall do thanksgiving in my church.

Some of them snapped the buses because they say that they will use it to share testimony on the media and also in their religious gatherings.

Now tell me, who should be thanked in this situation? The culvert, the government who did the culvert and we who rescued them out of the damaged bus were not thanked, take note of this.

Richardbrandy, okaicorne, Dazzlingd, realmindz, hopefullandlord, dalaman, geoworldedu, felixomor, goodmuyis, iamgenius, wilgrea7, Muafrika2, johnydon22, 4kings, godsmopol

Life in itself is an organized chaos...numerous outcomes resulting from different choices and also time...this brings to fore the microscopic mindset of man...if you had died there's no one to thank, if you had boarded a different bus or gone on this journey at a different time, this would not even be an issue. No matter the outcome, I suggest you remain thankful to the master of the universe/multiverse for this favorable outcome. Different religious systems have called him different names I don't bloody care to know. Just be thankful to the un-created one.

Cheers smiley

2 Likes

Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OtemAtum: 1:12pm On Oct 15, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Life in itself is an organized chaos...numerous outcomes resulting from different choices and also time...this brings to fore the microscopic mindset of man...if you had died there's no one to thank, if you had boarded a different bus or gone on this journey at a different time, this would not even be an issue. No matter the outcome, I suggest you remain thankful to the master of the universe/multiverse for this favorable outcome. Different religious systems have called him different names I don't bloody care to know. Just be thankful to the un-created one.

Cheers smiley
but how do we know the uncreated one? I see myself as the uncreated one. Is it right for me to thank myself? Some people see the uncreated one as Mazda, Baal, Vishnu, Yahweh, Moloch, a tree, water, soil, etc. Which of them specifically should be thanked? In the instance I gave, one of the two ladies whom I happen to help were thanking the god of church. A man didn't even thank anyone. He was just shouting, help me to the hospital quick! because his own ankle was broken and his bone came out. Shouldn't the man thank God too? Is God partial in dealing with that man that way when every other person came out through the window, vertically upward, sustained minor or no injury at all?

1 Like

Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OkaiCorne(m): 1:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
OtemAtum:
but how do we know the uncreated one? I see myself as the uncreated one. Is it right for me to thank myself? Some people see the uncreated one as Mazda, Baal, Vishnu, Yahweh, Moloch, a tree, water, soil, etc. Which of them specifically should be thanked? In the instance I gave, one of the two ladies whom I happen to help were thanking the god of church. A man didn't even thank anyone. He was just shouting, help me to the hospital quick! because his own ankle was broken and his bone came out. Shouldn't the man thank God too? Is God partial in dealing with that man that way when every other person came out through the window, vertically upward, sustained minor or no injury at all?

Visualize the bigger picture, there is an overall supreme being who is the source of all things physical and meta-physical. Unfortunately, religion has codified this being into various books and instructions e.g. Bible, Koran e.t.c. and given this supreme being different names. It's just like an ant trying to claim it knows how a human being works and writes out its understanding of human beings for fellow ants to worship.

This supreme being is neither a Christian nor Muslim nor belongs to any religion. This supreme being knows the final outcome of all your decisions subject to the time you make these decisions. This supreme being has a spirit that resides in its creation(you and myself inclusive). This Supreme being treasures a symbiotic relationship (Father & Son relationship) with its creatures above anything else.

That is the Supreme being you should thank. smiley However, also bear in mind that this outcome is equally subject to your choice as well...just be thankful for the positive outcome.

2 Likes

Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OtemAtum: 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Visualize the bigger picture, there is an overall supreme being who is the source of all things physical and meta-physical. Unfortunately, religion has codified this being into various books and instructions e.g. Bible, Koran e.t.c. and given this supreme being different names. It's just like an ant trying to claim it knows how a human being works and writes out its understanding of human beings for fellow ants to worship.

This supreme being is neither a Christian nor Muslim nor belongs to any religion. This supreme being knows the final outcome of all your decisions subject to the time you make these decisions. This supreme being has a spirit that resides in its creation(you and myself inclusive). This Supreme being treasures a symbiotic relationship (Father & Son relationship) with its creatures above anything else.

That is the Supreme being you should thank. smiley However, also bear in mind that this outcome is equally subject to your choice as well...just be thankful for the positive outcome.

And what if I see the supreme being as myself? Can I go ahead and thank myself?
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OkaiCorne(m): 1:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
OtemAtum:

And what if I see the supreme being as myself? Can I go ahead and thank myself?

If you are the supreme being...yes! But in reality, we are all fragments of this supreme being.

I am always cautious not to limit my knowledge of the abilities of this supreme being to my 5 senses or my perception of time in this realm of existence, cos I'll be making the same grave errors religious people commit as well.

1 Like

Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OtemAtum: 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
OkaiCorne:

If you are the supreme being...yes! But in reality, we are all fragments of this supreme being.

I am always cautious not to limit my knowledge of the abilities of this supreme being to my 5 senses or my perception of time in this realm of existence, cos I'll be making the same grave errors religious people commit as well.
okay settled. I being irreligious actually often find it difficult knowing whom I should thank for anything fortunate that befalls me. In that case, if we thank the ultimate creature for good things as you have said, whom then should we blame for the unfortunate things in our life?
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OkaiCorne(m): 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
OtemAtum:
okay settled. I being irreligious actually often find it difficult knowing whom I should thank for anything fortunate that befalls me. In that case, if we thank the ultimate creature for good things as you have said, whom then should we blame for the unfortunate things in our life?

From my perspective, it's a shared responsibility, this supreme being knows the outcomes of your choice, you get to make the choice. If this supreme being informs you of the outcome of your choice and you still decide on that choice, it's your responsibility to bear FULLY. If that is not the case, it's a shared responsibility...however in this case, I think the supreme being should bear more responsibility.
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by GoodMuyis(m): 1:55pm On Oct 15, 2017
OtemAtum:

The Money used in Making the culvert was their money (tax payers), why should thank the Govt for doing their legal duty. God be thank because he gave the Govt wisdom to ward away future evil,

OR have you forgot the Power of Coincidence grin

The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by greatnaija01: 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
GOD

OtemAtum:

What is the name of the God who created the humans that put the culvert in that place?
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OkaiCorne(m): 2:38pm On Oct 15, 2017
OtemAtum:

Now let's make the equation a bit more complex. Do you know the choices of others have an impact on the outcome you face? Let's use your example up there further. If the driver had taken a different route? What would the outcome be?
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OtemAtum: 3:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
greatnaija01:
GOD

I'm happy with what I'm seeing right now. People don't specifically mention a local god to our face anymore. Now God is subjective and no more tribalistic. Praise God grin
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OtemAtum: 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Now let's make the equation a bit more complex. Do you know the choices of others have an impact on the outcome you face? Let's use your example up there further. If the driver had taken a different route? What would the outcome be?
I love this. It's all about decision. What if I have decided to join the bus earlier too? Maybe I could have been the injured man in that bus too. Thank my star I wasn't in there cheesy For those who got injured, I'm not rejoicing over you, rather, I'm thanking my star. Thank yours too for keeping you alive. wink But learn to always say thanks to the humans who render help to you at any point in time. That's actually the reason why I opened this thread.

1 Like

Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OtemAtum: 3:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
GoodMuyis:

The Money used in Making the culvert was their money (tax payers), why should thank the Govt for doing their legal duty. God be thank because he gave the Govt wisdom to ward away future evil,

The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

who is "the Lord" in your quotation above, pls?
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by DeSepiero(m): 3:42pm On Oct 15, 2017
A doctor painstakingly conducts a successful surgery after several hours, a mother and her baby is safe. Next thing she goes to church with goodies thanking the pastor.

1 Like

Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OtemAtum: 3:55pm On Oct 15, 2017
DeSepiero:
A doctor painstakingly conducts a successful surgery after several hours, a mother and her baby is safe. Next thing she goes to church with goodies thanking the pastor.
lol. Methink, the thanksgiving should be done to the doctor. This will be a form of incentives for the medical practitioners if we treat them very well. They'll do more research and treat us better.

1 Like

Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OkaiCorne(m): 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
DeSepiero:

Being thankful to the most supreme one can take different forms, unfortunately peoples' mindset are corrupted by narrow views of religion. Being thankful to the uncreated one for circumstances beyond your control despite a favorable outcome is not out of place.
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by iamgenius(m): 6:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
OtemAtum:

They should thank God Almighty first, then those whom God used to save them. It would make no sense if they didn't thank their rescuers.
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OtemAtum: 7:54pm On Oct 15, 2017
iamgenius:
They should thank God Almighty first, then those whom God used to save them. It would make no sense if they didn't thank their rescuers.
in situations people term as miracle, they hardly thank the humans who directly help them. What I would suggest is that people should thank the physical helpers first, then they can go and thank whatever they want in their privacy.
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by iamgenius(m): 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
OtemAtum:
in situations people term as miracle, they hardly thank the humans who directly help them. What I would suggest is that people should thank the physical helpers first, then they can go and thank whatever they want in their privacy.
That's your opinion to thank the physical helpers first, I'm against that coz the Creator is greater than the creations. God created the helpers also.
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OtemAtum: 8:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
iamgenius:
That's your opinion to thank the physical helpers first, I'm against that coz the Creator is greater than the creations. God created the helpers also.
Well, it's based on belief anyway. As a knower like myself, I will thank that human being who helped me because he is a part of the thing called God. There is no God in isolation.
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by frank317: 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Enough of this nonsense... What in the world of fuxk is this supreme being?

What does he do?
What does he not do?
How did u get to know him?
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by frank317: 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
GoodMuyis:

U think we shouldn't thank an ordinary human government for doing his legal duty, but think its absolutely needful to thank an all knowing all-powerful creator for doing his legal duty... Continu
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OtemAtum: 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2017
frank317:

Enough of this nonsense... What in the world of fuxk is this supreme being?

What does he do?
What does he not do?
How did u get to know him?

Take it easy my guy. cool life is a philosophical ground. It's interesting having different ways of reasoning so far it doesn't involve killing one another because of the differences.
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by frank317: 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2017
greatnaija01:
GOD

God? Who is God? Is it Yahweh or Allah or humans who see themselves as God?
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by frank317: 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
OkaiCorne:

If the driver had taken a different route, the outcome could have been much better, worst, or inconsequential ... what has any so called creator got to do with this?
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by frank317: 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
OtemAtum:

Take it easy my guy. cool life is a philosophical ground. It's interesting having different ways of reasoning so far it doesn't involve killing onr another because of the differences.
Hmmm
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OkaiCorne(m): 12:49am On Oct 16, 2017
frank317:

If the driver had taken a different route, the outcome could have been much better, worst, or inconsequential ... what has any so called creator got to do with this?

First things first, check my first post on this thread, this life is an ORGANIZED CHAOS of which outcomes are subject to your choice (and the time you make them) and the choice of others (and the time they make them as well). See it this way, there's a master programmer that knows all the possible outcomes of how your typical day ends. But in this realm of existence, our senses are limited to experience one outcome at a time, whereas the master programmer has seen it all.

Let's see this from another angle, we all have a source. If you produce a sperm cell and the cell at that level of consciousness thinks it does not come from anywhere, does it mean you do not exist?

If you study the solar systems that makes up a galaxy and trillions of galaxies that makes up the universe and universes that makes up the multiverse and conclude that there is no supremely intelligent being behind all of these, then a sperm cell has every right to deny your very existence smiley

I understand your grievance with religious people though, trying to codify this supreme being into "holy" books for fellow sheeples to worship just tire me sef. But know this, the TRUTH is simply the TRUTH. The TRUTH is not Christianity nor Islam nor Buddhism...the TRUTH is TRUTH.

The TRUTH hides from us in plain sight everyday. The TRUTH speaks to us everyday, we only have to be observant and listen. And at the same time do not limit this truth to the perception of your five senses alone.

The best book I have come across that explains the paradox of life is Ecclesiastes - Plain truth with zero mumbo jumbo...it spells life out as it is.
Enjoy the moment, acknowledge the presence of the SUPREME one, and most importantly leave the world and humanity in a better position than you met it...the best possible way you can

On a side note, I am not asking you to be a religious person...Just seek out the TRUTH and live for TRUTH.
Cheers bro...
Re: An Accident I Witness: Who Should Be Thanked? by OkaiCorne(m): 1:38am On Oct 16, 2017
OtemAtum:
Well, it's based on belief anyway. As a knower like myself, I will thank that human being who helped me because he is a part of the thing called God. There is no God in isolation.

Valid point there...Twas sad to know you were not appreciated for the help though. Oh well, that's religious people for you sha...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Final Decision On Whether To Die As A Christian Or As A Muslim / Who Created Eleda? / Prayer Worsens Situations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.