Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,039 members, 7,835,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Nigeria Embassy Washington Dc - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Embassy Washington Dc (2375 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu,the Best Thing To Have Happened To The Nigeria Embassy Madrid. / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Embassy Washington Dc by ayinba1(f): 9:00pm On Mar 11, 2010
Dear Nairalanders,

I need urgent help with this issue. I am travelling to Nigeria in less than 4 business days and I am yet to receive my passport back from this embassy. I have confirmation that my application and passport were received. I mailed it in for an endorsement of my son.

Please any help will be appreciated. I have called and left messages. No one picks the phone up, no one has returned my call yet.

My email is ayinba@yahoo.com
Re: Nigeria Embassy Washington Dc by omega25red(m): 9:08pm On Mar 11, 2010
why not go down to their office with your proof that you are travelling in a few days that way they could expedite your travel document issue by either giving you what you applied for or giving you emergency travel document because obviously it's not your fault. Calling them will do you no good. they are based in America but they are still using Naija system
Re: Nigeria Embassy Washington Dc by oyewolejos(m): 9:19pm On Mar 11, 2010
ayinba1:

Dear Nairalanders,

I need urgent help with this issue. I am travelling to Nigeria in less than 4 business days and I am yet to receive my passport back from this embassy. I have confirmation that my application and passport were received. I mailed it in for an endorsement of my son.

Please any help will be appreciated. I have called and left messages. No one picks the phone up, no one has returned my call yet.

My email is ayinba@yahoo.com
If u are waiting for them to pick your call or reply your message u are on a long thing
U better go to their office and check what's up. The problem with Nigeria right now is more than Passport endorsement. May God save Nigeria. My heart goes out to people living in Jos at this moment of grief
Re: Nigeria Embassy Washington Dc by ayinba1(f): 12:43am On Mar 12, 2010
Thanks for your responses. I am very much aware of what is going on in Nigeria, BUT this is exactly the time that the phones should be answered by the Embassy staff. No one, I mean , no one answers any phone or extension.
Re: Nigeria Embassy Washington Dc by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 12, 2010
if you really need your passport you will physically show up at the embassy

maybe you have dual citizenship and as such dont really care per se since you can always travel using another one?
Re: Nigeria Embassy Washington Dc by ayinba1(f): 12:54am On Mar 12, 2010
Are u after me or gonna help me out wink

Solutions please, thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Embassy Washington Dc by Nobody: 12:56am On Mar 12, 2010
go there yourself since your travel date is so close.

and since they're not picking up the phone.

you can try emailing them but dont get your hopes up with that.
Re: Nigeria Embassy Washington Dc by ayinba1(f): 1:51pm On Mar 12, 2010
^Thanks
Re: Nigeria Embassy Washington Dc by patbrooks: 6:41pm On Mar 12, 2010
they dont pick up calls. they are using magic jack as phone line.and the voice mail comes inform of email. Go down there. In Atlanta its a little bit better. if you had enough time i should asked you to send it to me and i will take it there my self. Thats how i help process for a friend in Dallas last year.
That place is Nigeria, it could be in America but its Niaja. period.
Re: Nigeria Embassy Washington Dc by Pittbaby(f): 10:03pm On Mar 12, 2010
I agree go in person.  they have a specific processing period . then add two  to three days just cos its naija . If you show up with proof of travel and a few oga/madam pleases, They will do it . if you can go will suggest sending someone there .
Re: Nigeria Embassy Washington Dc by ayinba1(f): 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2010
Thank you everyone.

Can you believe it? I actually just received my passport in the mail this morniong (1100) Even though my son was identified as "FEMALE" but hey that's a small thing. My hubby's very first US ID said "female " too.

A big "THANK YOU" to the Nigerian Embassy at Washington DC.

Thanks to all contributors too.    smiley

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Become A Resident In Uk / The Best Destination - Hawassa City / Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.