Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Corruption Of Ebonyi State Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Of Ebonyi State Governor (785 Views)

Tribunal Sacks PDP's Ogbee, Declares APC's Ogar Winner Of Ebonyi Rep Seat / Wife Of Ebonyi State Governor Showers First Baby With Gifts / 14th September Sit-At-Home: IPOB Storms Streets Of Ebonyi With Flags (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption Of Ebonyi State Governor by goziedave(m): 1:24am On Oct 16, 2017
Accountability is an indispensable ingredient of governance. Our Governor is preaching accountability and had also launched campaign against corruption in Ebonyi state: all hands shall be on deck in the fight against corruption. Charity begins at home. Read my petition to ICPC against my friend and Governor, Engr David umahi. This is my part of support to Ebonyi state. Happy reading!
13/10/2017

The Chairman,
Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission,
Plot 802, Constitution Avenue,
Zone A9, Central District,
Abuja.

Sir,
RE: YOUR CONFERRMENT OF “ANTI-CORRUPTION COMMANDER”
ON ENGR. DAVID NWEZE UMAHI, THE GOVERNOR OF EBONYI STATE:
THE JOKE, EFFIGY AND SKIMMINGTON OF THE YEAR 2017.

Ebonyi people and well-meaning Nigerians received as shocking the news of the appointment of the Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. David Nweze Umahi as the “Anti-corruption commander” by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) on Tuesday 10/10/2017. This is the joke, effigy and skimmington of the year and an indication that the ICPC is not properly informed of the true personality and character they are dealing with; or that some water must have passed underground. To buttress my position, let me attach my petition to the presidency dated 13th September, 2017 for you to study and come up with a better analysis of the personality of Engr. David Nweze Umahi. This said letter is hereby attached and marked exhibit “A”.
Besides, your description of Engr. David Umahi as a worthy and dependable ally in the fight against corruption and your position that “He is committed and consistent in the fight against corruption and other related offences” makes you a suspect, if not the Commission in the looting of Ebonyi State Treasury as we are currently witnessing.
Are the EFCC and ICPC working for different government and people? Is your office too blind and deaf to the extent that you are not aware that Engr. David Nweze Umahi partook in the sharing of “Dasukigate” to the tone of Four Hundred Million Naira and had since refunded part of the stolen funds to EFCC? What on earth will make an anti-corruption outfit to call a person who is still keeping stolen funds an ally and a commander of anti-corruption war?
Sir, with due respect, let me make it clear that you have made a mess of ICPC as an institution and the public is now worried with this bad step of yours.
To further buttress on my position, let me give you more insight on the level of corruption and impunity ravaging Ebonyi State currently:
EBONYI STATE GOVERNMRNT UNDER ENGR. DAVID NWEZE UMAHI OPERATES AN OPAQUE, OBTUSE AND SECLUDED ACCOUNTING/CONRACT AWARDING FORMULAR:
On assumption of office as the Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. David Nweze Umahi hurriedly amended the Ebonyi State Public Procurement and Related Matters (Amendment) Law NO.012 of 2009 to No.8 of 2016, otherwise referred as Direct Labour Committee Law. Section 24(1) of the amended law states thus: “Without prejudice or furtherance to section 42 of this law, the Governor shall determine such jobs as may, in each case, not exceeding the sum of One Billion, Five Hundred Million Naira (₦1, 5000, 000.00) as he considers urgent or as may arise in emergency cases and direct ministries, departments and/or agencies to observe due process through restricted or selective tending…”
Even the President of Nigeria has no such powers to the extent of spending 1.5 Billion Naira in an opaque and restricted manner. But this is what our Governor is doing here and you addressed him as your ally. This is very disappointing and unacceptable to a very large cross section of Nigerians who have since expressed their worry over your pronouncement.
As it stands right now, Ebonyi State has no published audited account since 2014. What is the Governor hiding? That you will call such a character an ally makes you and the institution you represent a suspect.
UNFAIR TREATMENT OF EBONYI STATE CIVIL SERVANTS AND RETIREES:
Civil Servants and Retirees are weeping day and night due to the unfair treatment, intimidation, molestation and payment of 25% of their salary and 20% of pension respectively. Engr. Umahi in January, 2015 made this statement to Ebonyi workers: “Civil Servants are the engine room of every government. Any government that neglects its workers is not only wicked but heartless. You cannot build a secretariat with Billions of Naira while your workers are hungry. When I was the Deputy Governor, I suggested to my boss, Chief Martin Elechi to increase workers salaries but he vehemently refused. I appeal to you to vote for me for I will increase your salaries by 100%.”
But to tell you exactly the character we are talking about, the first assignment he did upon assumption of office was to reduce the workers’ salaries by 50%. Hear him in October, 2017: “Ebonyi Civil Servants are very lazy; no Jupiter on earth will make me increase workers salary. The cells in their brains are dead that is why they keep asking for increment instead of accessing loans to do business. We have discovered that Civil Servants have been over paid by 10% since 2011. We shall be working on ways to effect the deductions. The secret of failure is trying to please everybody.”
To borrow his words, he is not only wicked but heartless. Let me also attach a press statement by the Advocacy for Good Governance for your perusal for a better judgement on the state of Ebonyi State under Engr. David Nweze Umahi. Attached and marked Exhibit “B”.
BLACKLEGS IN YOUR OFFICE:
Intelligence report gathered is that there are two ICPC personnel in your Abuja Office; one is a blood relation to the Governor- Mr. Ahamefula Agwu while the other is Barr. Dennis Okoro. These two who are from the same Local Government with the Governor are insiders in your organization and willing tools that he uses to get black-market clearance and the phantom and kangaroo workshop while heinous financial crimes are covered. Both of them visited the Governor in the Ebonyi State Government House, Abakaliki before the inglorious and disgraceful pronouncement and outing in Abuja. They may have converted some who are workers of ICPC as their partners in the crime.
Sir, the way you sounded and your description of the said Governor is an indication that you have allowed your office to be abused and infiltrated by agents of corruption. No wonder Governor Umahi once boasted in an anti-corruption crusade he organized in Ebonyi State in conjunction with your office on the 10th day of July, 2017 that “No miracle will stop corruption in Nigeria, and that the Federal Government is biased in their anti-corruption war”. Recall that he was full of praises for ICPC for a job well-done, an allusion that EFCC is the one doing the biased job in the fight against corruption.
Sir, we are worried that the anti-corruption stand of the federal government under President Mohammadu Buhari is being sabotaged by some highly placed and influential individuals in the system.
PRAYERS SOUGHT:
That you withdraw the appointment within seven (7) days upon reception of this letter or face legal action to proof your assessment and the blanket clearance of a roguish, lawless, wicked, heartless and very corrupt person like Engr. David Nweze Umahi who is still keeping stolen funds of the Nigerian people and has stolen Ebonyi funds in quantum and has continued to do so wantonly.
To publish the withdrawal notice on three (3) national dailies viz –
Daily Trust Newspaper,
The Nation Newspaper; and
The Daily Sun.
To make a public announcement in the N.T.A on this development in their Network News.
To revisit the case that Engr. David Nweze Umahi had with your office that he was said to have been cleared as he has some blacklegs in your office that do his bad job. They had earlier tried to use the Enugu zonal office for this job but I learnt that your office in Enugu refused to comply and they advised the Local Government Chairmen to be careful with the money they sign, as the chairmen were in the habit of signing documents without corresponding releases for their respective Local Governments.
To advise the Governor to start treating our workers well and never should he try to deduct their salaries as the overpayment he is talking about only exists in his mischievous and imaginary calculation. It is rather the government that owes Ebonyi workers as he started paying them half salaries upon assumption of office. For the Retirees and Pensioners, the story is the same.
To advice him also to pay severance allowance to past public officeholders as he has in his Independence Anniversary address boasted and challenged those concerned to even petition him to Barrack Obama of United States and even President Mohammadu Buhari, that nothing will make him pay whereas he had paid himself the said allowance.
Do accept the assurances of my respect for your person and office.

Truly yours,

Prince Ndubuisi Onwe Chibueze-Agbo
Utuku Nshiegbe II of Izhia
Re: Corruption Of Ebonyi State Governor by folashade96(f): 1:44am On Oct 16, 2017
What am i even doing here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption Of Ebonyi State Governor by Nobody: 2:06am On Oct 16, 2017
Front page please.

ICPC twitter account must see this.
Re: Corruption Of Ebonyi State Governor by UchaNwababa: 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2017
No Comment ok.

(1) (Reply)

Uchendu Advises Wike To Stop Wasting Rivers Money On Unnecessary Foreign Trips / The Colonial Atrocities Against The World / Who Signed The 1914 Amalgamation Treaty?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.