Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,129 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:03 AM

Jesus Was Never Qualified To Take Tithe And He Knew This, So Why Pastors? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was Never Qualified To Take Tithe And He Knew This, So Why Pastors? (372 Views)

Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Was Never Qualified To Take Tithe And He Knew This, So Why Pastors? by betterABIAstate: 1:38pm On Oct 16, 2017
Before I give scriptural facts to this topic, I want to make you understand that Jesus stated it that he didn't come to abolish the laws of moses and the bible also made it clear that though he hasn't come to abolish these laws but we are not bonded by the laws of Moses but we are living by the grace of God through Jesus Christ who died on the cross of Calvary for the redemption of our sins and also from these laws.

Tithing started with Abraham and Jacob (Genesis 28), but they gave tithes willingly and were not under any law. Abraham gave tithe just once while Jacob's tithing was a personal vow he made to God. Tithing didn't become a law untll the deuteronomic (second law) of Moses was formulated, Deuteronomy 14 vs 22.

According to the law, only levites collect tithes, and they do so only in 3years. And after they must have collected the tithes (after 3years), they pay the tenth of the tithes to the priest, who takes it to the storeroom. Nehemiah 10 vs 38.

Levites are the descendants of Levi and Levi is the 3rd son of Jacob

Jesus is not from the tribe of Levi, Mathew 1 made it clear that Jesus is from the tribe of Judah.
Judah was the 4th son of Jacob, the younger brother of Levi.

As Christians, we are suppose to live by the teachings and person of Jesus Christ and not by the laws of Moses, if Jesus himself wasn't from the tribe of Levi and couldn't collect tithes, so why should our pastors do so.

As a Christian, living the life of Jesus, you are suppose to be from the tribe of Judah by faith, we have nothing to do with the levitical lineage.

Our pastors call themselves levite and at the same time want to be like Jesus who's from the tribe of Judah and never collected tithes cos he knew whom he was.

Churches now decide when they want to be from Judah and when they want to be levites.

According to both the law of Moses and Teachings of Jesus, no Nigerian pastor is entitled to your tithes.

Seun, lalasticlala please I want people to make their contributions
Re: Jesus Was Never Qualified To Take Tithe And He Knew This, So Why Pastors? by policy12: 1:54pm On Oct 16, 2017
Hmmm this tithe issue no dey tire una
Re: Jesus Was Never Qualified To Take Tithe And He Knew This, So Why Pastors? by eph12(m): 2:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
So if I say I want to model my life like Dangote, does that mean I have to believe I am from his town?
Re: Jesus Was Never Qualified To Take Tithe And He Knew This, So Why Pastors? by Jumbus31(m): 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2017
The only people authorised to receive tithes were the Levites. (Hebrews 7:5). So if your Pastor is a “tithe-collector,”
ask him if he happens to be a Jew. Remind him that, even though a Jew, Jesus could not receive the tithe because he was not from the tribe of Levi but from that of Judah. The trick, of course, is for pastors today to claim we are “Levites.” If your pastor is one such dissembler, ask him if he lives as a Levite. Remind him that Levites had no land and did not have private property. Ask him also how he knows he is from the tribe of Levi, which happens to be one of the lost tribes of Israel. Point out to him that even Jewish rabbis don’t claim to be Levites
today because all Jewish genealogical records were lost with the destruction of the Temple in AD 70, ensuring that it is no longer
possible to ascertain the true identity of Levites. Therefore, if Jews no longer tithe because the Levites are a lost tribe, how can Christian pastors collect tithes when we are not even Jewish, how much more Levites? If Jewish rabbis, whose terms of reference remain the Old Testament no longer collect tithes, then pastors who insist Christians are under a New testament have no business doing so.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Never Qualified To Take Tithe And He Knew This, So Why Pastors? by Boomboost(m): 2:32pm On Oct 16, 2017
...Would love to see or hear a contradiction from the prosperity preachers.

I believe in giving not tithing though, it hasn't changed God's blessings towards me.

The Poor need the giving more than "preachers".
Re: Jesus Was Never Qualified To Take Tithe And He Knew This, So Why Pastors? by ifex370(m): 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2017
Boomboost:
...Would love to see or hear a contradiction from the prosperity preachers.

I believe in giving not tithing though, it hasn't changed God's blessings towards me.

The Poor need the giving more than "preachers".

That's more like it bro

(1) (Reply)

See What Happened To Lagos Lawyer After Meeting TB Joshua / “adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches” – Femi Falana (video) / Only For His Name Sake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.