Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) (28695 Views)

Iwobi's 24th Birthday: NFF, CAF, Everton Send Birthday Wishes / Asisat Oshoala Shows Off Her Awards To Mark Her 24th Birthday / Asisat Oshoala Celebrates Her 24th Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by dabossman(m): 10:37am On Oct 18, 2017
femi4:
lol, so the day you join a club, they ll throw you into their first team. You don't have facts. Nigeria league is not meant for kids

And you have facts? Okay, prove your facts then. I guess you know the players of every Nigerian league club side. Come on bro, your assertion is not based on fact but conjecture, and you know it. You are just assuming. Do you know how many players we have in the local league? Be honest, how often do you watch matches of the Nigerian professional league? Can you tell which teams got relegated this season and which teams were promoted without recourse to Google? Can you name 20 local league players of the top of your head?

Besides, since when is a 19-year-old a kid? How old do you think Kanu really was when he was playing for Iwanyanwu in the early 90's before Japan 93? Before you answer, remember the number of years Kanu played for. Don't tell me he retired at age 50 o.
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by femi4: 10:46am On Oct 18, 2017
dabossman:

And you have facts? Okay, prove your facts then. I guess you know the players of every Nigerian league club side. Come on bro, your assertion is not based on fact but conjecture, and you know it. You are just assuming. Do you know how many players we have in the local league? Be honest, how often do you watch matches of the Nigerian professional league? Can you tell which teams got relegated this season and which teams were promoted without recourse to Google? Can you name 20 local league players of the top of your head?

Besides, since when is a 19-year-old a kid? How old do you think Kanu really was when he was playing for Iwanyanwu in the early 90's before Japan 93? Before you answer, remember the number of years Kanu played for. Don't tell me he retired at age 50 o.
I work in the system

Dont even go to 93 set
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by dabossman(m): 10:57am On Oct 18, 2017
femi4:
I work in the system

Dont even go to 93 set

You work in the system as what sir? Mind you I'm not saying Nigerian players don't lie about their age. It is your assertion that you must be above 20 be for you can play in the local league that I don't agree with. So, tell me, how old was Kanu in 1992 when he played for Nationale. Back then some said he was already 27 and had been playing in the league for more than 5 years. So did Kanu retire at age 45?

Also, seeing you are a Blues fan, is Diego Costa really 29?
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by femi4: 11:33am On Oct 18, 2017
dabossman:

You work in the system as what sir? Mind you I'm not saying Nigerian players don't lie about their age. It is your assertion that you must be above 20 be for you can play in the local league that I don't agree with. So, tell me, how old was Kanu in 1992 when he played for Nationale. Back then some said he was already 27 and had been playing in the league for more than 5 years. So did Kanu retire at age 45?

Also, seeing you are a Blues fan, is Diego Costa really 29?
Kanu Nwakwo graduated from secondary school in Owerri in 1989 but he claimed he was 16 during Under 17 World Cup in Japan 1993

Joined Nationale in 90/91, Now do the maths....he wasnt u17 @ Japan 93.

Whats my own with Diego Costa, I m telling the one I m sure of.

Another one from Japan 93 set was Peter anosike of Julius Berger and Festus Odini of Obanta fc. Obanta fc used my school field as training pitch then.

These guys were post sec school from govt schools
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by Chinexd22nd(m): 11:35am On Oct 18, 2017
Dextology:
Kenneth when you go old? You de a year ahead of me for GSS Gwarinpa, na me and Lucky be mate.

Me and you know say you don pass 24 grin grin

Guy na which set u b?
Na finess we dey call am dat year... He been follow us play korota madrid for that quarters side o....
I remember when he go U-17...
Guy still be 24? nawa o
But mehn, i dey pray for him and Lucky o... Those boys dey play ball...
Repping GSS gwarimpa mehn...
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by Chinexd22nd(m): 11:39am On Oct 18, 2017
Jamila05:
My mummy said Kenneth is a year older than me and am now 33

Why are u like this? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by Chinexd22nd(m): 11:40am On Oct 18, 2017
Malayy:
ya. wuse 2. E dey opposite police station

No b Wuse 2 o. But e dey opposite police station... That school was fun o
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by Chinexd22nd(m): 11:43am On Oct 18, 2017
Dextology:

You're very correct, he played shell cup when Mr. Akeem was the sports master.

Knowledge leads to success grin grin

Guy u be old boy na...
Mr. Akeem no gree me dat year, say i too thin and smallish... I even cry one day
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
Chinexd22nd:

Guy na which set u b?
Na finess we dey call am dat year... He been follow us play korota madrid for that quarters side o....
I remember when he go U-17...
Guy still be 24? nawa o
But mehn, i dey pray for him and Lucky o... Those boys dey play ball...
Repping GSS gwarimpa mehn...

You sef follow play korota Madrid with Ali Bongo, Stephen, Mohammed, Waziri, Eugene, Pomi, Ugo, Lane, Samuel, Gbenga and co abi. grin grin grin
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by dabossman(m): 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
femi4:
Kanu Nwakwo graduated from secondary school in Owerri in 1989 but he claimed he was 16 during Under 17 World Cup in Japan 1993

Joined Nationale in 90/91, Now do the maths....he wasnt u17 @ Japan 93.

Whats my own with Diego Costa, I m telling the one I m sure of.

Another one from Japan 93 set was Peter anosike of Julius Berger and Festus Odini of Obanta fc. Obanta fc used my school field as training pitch then.

These guys were post sec school from govt schools

Now you are getting nearer my point. So Kanu left sec sch in 89, probably at age 17/18. Joined Nationale a year later at 18/19 and is on record to have played for the first team. He claimed 16 in 1993 when he was probably 21/22. So in effect he played in the league even when he was under 20. (According to your submission, he only increased his age by 4-5years.

That trend still goes on today. Many of these guys played principal's cup, Shell cup and other competitions as secondary school students and were already being scouted from that level. Immediately they are through with sec. sch they join local clubs and within a couple of years they are playing in the first team. But they reduce their ages in case of national team selection. Many of them as you know never further their education. Some don't even finish sec sch.

Remember the case of Fortune Chukwudi? He joined Sharks at 18, even though he later claimed U17 seven years later. So to say there are no players U20 in the league is a fallacy. There is a boy who played for MFM this season that is claiming 16. But he is probably more like 19. However, he plays in the first team.

Lastly, if Obanta United trained on your school field, then you schooled in Ijebu-Ode I guess. Well, so did I back in the early 90's.
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by femi4: 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2017
dabossman:

Now you are getting nearer my point. So Kanu left sec sch in 89, probably at age 17/18. Joined Nationale a year later at 18/19 and is on record to have played for the first team. He claimed 16 in 1993 when he was probably 21/22. So in effect he played in the league even when he was under 20. (According to your submission, he only increased his age by 4-5years.

That trend still goes on today. Many of these guys played principal's cup, Shell cup and other competitions as secondary school students and were already being scouted from that level. Immediately they are through with sec. sch they join local clubs and within a couple of years they are playing in the first team. But they reduce their ages in case of national team selection. Many of them as you know never further their education. Some don't even finish sec sch.

Remember the case of Fortune Chukwudi? He joined Sharks at 18, even though he later claimed U17 seven years later. So to say there are no players U20 in the league is a fallacy. There is a boy who played for MFM this season that is claiming 16. But he is probably more like 19. However, he plays in the first team.

Lastly, if Obanta United trained on your school field, then you schooled in Ijebu-Ode I guess. Well, so did I back in the early 90's.
4-5yrs in huge. I used to see them in Lagos with their VIP bus
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by Malayy(m): 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
Chinexd22nd:

No b Wuse 2 o. But e dey opposite police station... That school was fun o
haha. Na wise 2 I see for my auntie gate oo. She deyy live for teachers quarters. Inside that GSS gwarinpa..
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by Arsenalholic(m): 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
Exactly. Can't forget that goal he scored against Morroco in the semis from outside the box.
Omoluabi16:
ha! you saw the tournament in holland, where he won the bronze ball behind mikel and messi. His shot was wicked.
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by Chinexd22nd(m): 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
Dextology:

You sef follow play korota Madrid with Ali Bongo, Stephen, Mohammed, Waziri, Eugene, Pomi, Ugo, Lane, Samuel, Gbenga and co abi. grin grin grin
I swear down...
My guys den na Monday (ohazu), ukpai, jelili, ifidon, damilola elegbeleye, Friday (ballack), ekwenugo, ikenna (Iron Benda) and the rest. Mr. Alex hate to see us ehh....
Guy na which set u dey abeg?
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by Chinexd22nd(m): 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2017
Malayy:
haha. Na wise 2 I see for my auntie gate oo. She deyy live for teachers quarters. Inside that GSS gwarinpa..
grin
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 18, 2017
Chinexd22nd:

I swear down...
My guys den na Monday (ohazu), ukpai, jelili, ifidon, damilola elegbeleye, Friday (ballack), ekwenugo, ikenna (Iron Benda) and the rest. Mr. Alex hate to see us ehh....
Guy na which set u dey abeg?

"06 set, Adamu (Head Boy) abi make I say Opor them set.
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by Chinexd22nd(m): 10:12am On Oct 19, 2017
Dextology:

"06 set, Adamu (Head Boy) abi make I say Opor them set.

I remember Adamu sha, me na "08 set sha...

Nice meeting u senior cool
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 19, 2017
Chinexd22nd:

I remember Adamu sha, me na "08 set sha...

Nice meeting u senior cool

Hehehe, funny you.
Re: Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates His 24th Birthday With Friends (Photos) by Deleolu75: 8:41pm On Nov 15, 2023
So we can conclude that he is 40yers in eagles
No bi so

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Playing A New Kind Of Pressing Football, Called Depressing -Peter Drury / I Sent My Daughter N1.5M For Her Birthday - John Ogu Replies His Sister In-Law / Liverpool Open Up A Record 22-Point Lead At The Top Of The EPL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.