Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams (20250 Views)

Operation Amotekun: Don't Blame Aare Ona Kakanfo If It Fails - Gani Adams / Femi Otedola: Why I Accepted PDP Offer To Run Against Ambode. / Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by afroniger: 9:24pm On Oct 17, 2017
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/i-accepted-aare-ona-kakanfo-―gani-adams/

•I'M POISED TO RECONCILE WITH YORUBA LEADERS I'VE DIFFERENCES WITH, HE SAYS

THE Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland, Otunba Gani Adams, said on Tuesday that the major reason why he opted to accept the chieftaincy title is to further promote the interest of Yoruba race.

Otunba Adams, who is also the National Coordinator of Oodua People’s Congress (OPC), said this while speaking with journalists in Lagos, on what prompted him to take up the war title conferred by the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi 111.

This was just as Adams, who expressed the belief that his new position would moderate his radicalism, said he was determined to reconcile with most Yoruba leaders he had differences with.

According to the OPC leader, who said he was scared initially when approached to take up the title because of the mystery that surrounded the death of his immediate two predecessors, including the late Bashorun MKO Abiola, disclosed that he later resolved to take up the position as he became convinced that taken up the title would offer him the opportunity to further promote the culture and aspiration of the Yoruba race.

He said it took him two months to arrive at the decision, adding that he came to the decision after he had consulted many prominent Yoruba leaders as well as undertaking a spiritual consultation.

“It took me another two months consulting physically and spiritually, I consulted many Yoruba leaders, including Chief Ayo Adebanjo and Chief Olu Falae. And whenever I am in any Yoruba gathering, I do tell them I want to contest for the position and most of them gave me their blessings,” he said.

Speaking further, Otunba, while expressing the belief that his new position would moderate his radicalism, said he was determined to reconcile with most Yoruba leaders he had differences with, and was prepared to meet with them.

According to him, the leaders include the National Leader of All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu; former President Olusegun Obasanjo, the National Leader of OPC, Dr. Ferederick Fasehun, among others.

He maintained that, the position of Are Ona KaKanfo is always reserved for courageous young blood, charismatic and focused personality.

He said it was also meant for somebody who have the interest of the Yoruba race and is considered loyal to the Alaafin of Oyo.

Lalasticlala,
Mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
As we are approaching 2019 and the renewed clamour for restructuring by the South West, installing the Are Ona Kankafo of Yoruba land is pregnant with meaning.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by omowolewa: 10:22pm On Oct 17, 2017
ok
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by Lanretoye(m): 11:05pm On Oct 17, 2017
i doubt the capacity of this man in that position as a yourba man that I am,he doesn't have that dogmatism...what happened to the oil pipeline funds he collected from GEJ.

13 Likes

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by BankeSmalls(f): 11:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
The last aare ona kakanfo was flogged publicly, beaten and locked up for years where he was eating watery beans with armed robbers, his wife was later killed and no Yoruba man came to his aid. His name was MKO.

Be warned Gani

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 18, 2017
BankeSmalls:
The last aare ona kakanfo was flogged publicly, beaten and locked up for years where he was eating watery beans with armed robbers, his wife was later killed and no Yoruba man came to his aid. His name was MKO.

Be warned Gani
pls who was the man that run kabakaba to ivory coast?

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by Aphrygian(m): 7:01am On Oct 18, 2017
abdelrahman:
HIS NAME ojuku.

101 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 18, 2017
Aphrygian:
HIS NAME ojuku.
gringrin

32 Likes

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by mickeyenglish(m): 7:31am On Oct 18, 2017
Post No Bill
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by babyfaceafrica: 8:47am On Oct 18, 2017
Na u sabi.....who the title EPP?
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by babyfaceafrica: 8:53am On Oct 18, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Be warned Gani
but KANU saw just Python ,and ran with his tails behind his legs..

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by magoo10(m): 8:55am On Oct 18, 2017
Congrats to Gani Adams on a well deserved title.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:14am On Oct 18, 2017
Congratulations...!!
The Aare Kakanfo....!! Well deserved..!!

I hereby pledge my Loyalty...!!
Just like my Loyalty to Nnamdi Kanu.
Like men with GUTS....! Who speak truth to Power that be..

Non else deserves the Title than U. Remember your OPC wars with Hausafulanis in Lagos and Shagamu....even when Okiro the then CP of Lagos was firing from all cylinders, u kept on the heat.....

5 Likes

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 18, 2017
That's some achievemnt
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by JoshMedia: 9:58am On Oct 18, 2017
Well,
Have heard you.

Motigbo Ooh

Check my signature
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by Ihatepork: 9:58am On Oct 18, 2017
abdelrahman:

The legendary pig and idiot

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5841450_photogrid1503182978709_jpeg6752e6e1c636b9871e9a8bbf115aa020

28 Likes

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by AntiWailer: 10:00am On Oct 18, 2017
Omo na big deal ooo
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by oshe11: 10:02am On Oct 18, 2017
Warris Dis
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 18, 2017
Otunba Gani Adams, he who the cap fits. Congratulations sir as you deserve the title owing to your invaluable contributions and sacrifices to the well being of all Yorubas on our soil. You and your boys in the OPC ensured and fought for years to make sure we were not disgraced by the strangers from futa jallon. Eku orire na sir.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by baby124: 10:05am On Oct 18, 2017
Great choice. It's like Yorubaland is getting ready for war ooo.

1 Like

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:05am On Oct 18, 2017
Crowned Rogue
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by IamAlexander: 10:06am On Oct 18, 2017
My only concern is that people who occupy this position never die at old age based on history...It is a very tough position in the Yoruba kingdom meant only for warriors.

They are well fortified with metaphysical protection against dying cheaply. That was why people still believe that MKO bought his own because he was rich. ordinarily, drinking of poisoned tea shouldn't have taken his life...Due to the enormous spiritual power kakanfos posses, at the point of him lifting the cup to drinking, it would have broken.

Anyways, Congrats to Gani Adams.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by Dlapezzi(m): 10:07am On Oct 18, 2017
Selfish purpose
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by bigwig10(m): 10:08am On Oct 18, 2017
After the corrupt romance with peedeepee now back
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by femi4: 10:09am On Oct 18, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Be warned Gani
Banke! Omokekere ni e.....kilomode e mo

3 Likes

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by horlus(m): 10:10am On Oct 18, 2017
factsandfigures:
As we are approaching 2019 and the renewed clamour for restructuring by the South West, installing the Are Ona Kankafo of Yoruba land is pregnant with meaning.

It takes deep thoughts to understand this move I can see you are on point.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by jomoh: 10:13am On Oct 18, 2017
Wow the new Aare.
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by id911(m): 10:14am On Oct 18, 2017
Lanretoye:
i doubt the capacity of this man in that position as a yourba man that I am,he doesn't have that dogmatism...what happened to the oil pipeline funds he collected from GEJ.

I sometimes shake my head in disbelief when I hear some Yorubas talk. Northerners are stealing left, right, centre and installing their people in important positions, Yoruba will keep mute and even hail them but when a small thing is giving to a Southerner, Yorubas will use their propaganda machines to destroy the integrity of the person concern.

Instead of you to congratulate him and wish him well, you typed rubbish. Anyways I'm not Yoruba, eno concern me

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by grin88(m): 10:15am On Oct 18, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Be warned Gani

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cabinet Dissolution: Scramble For Ministerial Appointments Begins / El-Rufai: The Self Appointed Spokesman Could Sell The North, APC For VP Ambition / Declaration Of Election Results Will Be Speedy - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.