Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,780 members, 7,837,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting (1615 Views)

Nmr Intercontinental Limited / Intercontinental Bank Plc Recruiting / Vacancies At Intercontinental Bank Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by Shokwen: 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2010
I felt I needed to send this post to sensitize people who weren't aware that it was actually ex-intercontinental staff who fought for better disengagement benefits and not any union. It's a group of people who feel things should be done the right way. We all sit down and allow stuff to be thrown at us or accept things the way they are. Well it's half the battle won with the enhanced package. Come to ASSBIFI office at Alausa, Ikeja on 16th February,2010 at 9am to know about our next line of action.
Re: Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by aieromon(m): 10:57pm On Mar 12, 2010
16th of February
Re: Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by Shokwen: 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2010
16th March. Excuse the error.
Re: Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by escobar(m): 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2010
Pally thumbs up for you and the group. It's unfortunate that all of us are not in Lagos. Whatever, just keep up the good fight. We hail you guys!
Re: Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by ziondougta(f): 4:11am On Mar 16, 2010
We really appreciate your fight for us.
Its unfortunate cause most of us belive strongly
in this brand.

Intercontinental ko ni baje o!

Am living outside Lagos else would love to attend
these meetings but kindly keep us posted wink
Re: Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by nairaAdmin(m): 7:01am On Mar 16, 2010
this is a great info for concern people. you have done them a good help,
Re: Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by Nobody: 5:37am On Mar 17, 2010
nice one, it's appreciated. for those who won't be able to make it, will there be some kind of communique issued which could be sent to an ex staff mailing list. my email's on my profile.
Re: Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by ben4: 10:16am On Mar 17, 2010
who ever has brought about the enhancement has saved lives.
treaz nice meeting you here
Re: Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 17, 2010
What will happen to us that finbank laid off with only N22,400(TWENTY TWO THOUSAND,FOUR HUNDRED NAIRA.),after working for more 2yrs.Its really sad!
Re: Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by Ritata: 10:52pm On Mar 18, 2010
God bless u guys and we really appreciate the good fight u guys are fighting on our behalf. come to even think of it, what is intercontinental's issue got to do with bank phb? be careful oo,
Re: Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by Ritata: 10:53pm On Mar 18, 2010
sorry!!!!!!!!!!! i meant fin bank!
Re: Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by finbank: 9:05am On Mar 19, 2010
finbank ruined almost ruined me with d credit alert of my benefits (N23,400). they claim its policy, when what they did was retrenchment that ordinarily should come with benefits. we hope they are able to survive with the shedin of my blood.
Re: Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by ziondougta(f): 10:25pm On Mar 24, 2010
wink @ poster, we would appreciate any info on the meeting held on the 16th of march.
my email is zion_ife@yahoo.co.uk.

Tnks alot for your effort, kind regards
Re: Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 01, 2010
uhm,

INTERCONTINENTAL BANK OUTSOURCES 3,400 SUPPORT STAFF
Written by furtune News Apr 1, 2010

Intercontinental Bank outsources 3,400 support staff
By Agency Reporter, Published: Thursday, 1 Apr 2010

Intercontinental Bank has announced the outsourcing of 3,400 members of its support staff cadre as part of the repositioning exercise embarked upon by the bank. The outsourcing exercise is one of the key elements of the bank’s Project Transformation initiative.

According to a statement from the bank on Wednesday, the exercise was finally carried out after due consultation with the National Union of Banks, Insurance and Financial Institutions Employees and the local chapter of NUBIFIE, where the terms of outsourcing were agreed upon.

It said the exercise, which was done based on clearly –defined criteria agreed by the union and the bank, would see the affected staff enjoying the same remuneration and allowances they were enjoying while in direct employ of the bank.

This is in addition to free medicare under the existing Health Insurance Scheme. All affected workers received immediate severance package as well as immediate employment through the outsourcing agency.

It will be recalled that the bank last year unveiled a three-phased “Project Transformation” strategy aimed at stabilising, rebuilding and consolidating the bank for greater efficiency and profitability. The Bank is committed to pursuing bold and necessary changes that will fully restore value and confidence to all our stakeholders.
Re: Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by Shokwen: 8:43am On Apr 02, 2010
Call 08032014445 for all the info u need. The pple at the forefront of this battle were offered 'incentives' of around N10m each and reabsorption but they refused and stood on our side. God bless 'em. Cheers!
Re: Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by ziondougta(f): 9:17pm On Apr 03, 2010
@ trae z, kindly explain that piece of information
as i can not put the pieces together.
Are they saying people have been recalled now as
contract staff or they are planning to? Please kindly
explain it to me. Am lost here.

@ shokwen kindly comment on this if you have
any lead.

Tnks
Re: Intercontinental Ex-staff Meeting by ebitim(m): 6:03pm On Apr 04, 2010
the staffs that were sacked and were and given letters as contract staffs were the support staffs ( drivers, secretarys, dispacth riders and all other support staffs) they were paid off and also 50% of the pay off was used to offset their debt. they were also reapointed as contract staffs )

(1) (Reply)

Gtbank Calling For Pre-interview / Fedex Red Star Express / Secretary/admin Officer Needed ASAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.