Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Why I Built A Huge Statue For Jacob Zuma - Rochas Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Built A Huge Statue For Jacob Zuma - Rochas Okorocha (430 Views)

Dino Melaye Built A Chapel In Honour Of Late Mother (Photos) / Rochas Okorocha's Statue Brought Down By Imolites In Owerri (Photo) / Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Never Collected Salary, Never Built A House As A Governor' (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Why I Built A Huge Statue For Jacob Zuma - Rochas Okorocha by stephanie11: 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2017
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state has disclosed reasons why he built a huge statue for South-African president Jacob Zuma in his state.

Okorocha said he built the structure to encourage business relationships with South-Africa and attract foreign investments for the state. He said that the South-African president was in the state to sign a memorandum of understanding, MoU between the Jacob Zuma Educational foundation and the Rochas Foundation college of Africa.

Okorocha also took a swipe at his critics particularly the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, adding that the party did not build the image of the state when it had the reins of power. He also accused them of looting the state treasury.

A statement signed by his press secretary, Sam Onwuemedo, made available to PoliticsNGR, read in part;

"If it was in the days of PDP, Schools and Markets would have been shot down. And roads closed because President Zuma was coming. But none of such things was done because Rochas and his government have human face. The PDP for the 12 years they held sway never attracted any meaningful visitor to the State except PDP NEC members who were coming to loot the State.

And in case these “Galatians” do not know, if all we need to do to attract good things or investments to Imo is erecting statues, then, we have no option than to erect as many of such structures as possible. We owe no one apology.Rochas made a promise to open the doors of Imo to the rest of the world, for good and he is doing that and we cannot be deterred by these enemies of our people."
https://politicsngr.com/2017/10/18/built-huge-statue-jacob-zuma-rochas-okorocha/
cc lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Why I Built A Huge Statue For Jacob Zuma - Rochas Okorocha by HungerBAD: 5:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ok
Re: Why I Built A Huge Statue For Jacob Zuma - Rochas Okorocha by Mynd44: 5:34pm On Oct 18, 2017

(1)

See What Dis Man Posted On Facebook About Buhari / APC Can’t Survive Till 2019 – Group / How Buhari Rejected Motion To Endorse Him For Second Term At APC NEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.