Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Injustice!!! In Mautech - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Injustice!!! In Mautech (659 Views)

MAUTECH Now A Conventional University As Buhari Assents Bill Into Law / Nigerian Universities Sell Bread And Bottle Water To Survive - MAUTECH VC / 2017/2018 MAUTECH Formerly Known As FUTY Post-utme Form Is Out. Cut Mark Is 180 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Injustice!!! In Mautech by ArinzeJoel: 9:51am On Oct 19, 2017
I write this with tears in my heart.

I'm a student of Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State.

After the long awaited strike, school resumed and we were all happy, expecting to see our friends and coursemate but to the shock of everyone, the few people that resumed were found carrying their luggage back home.

This is how it all started.
2016/2017 session (i.e last session) resumed as usual and students were to pay their fees through the provided online portal.

Prior to that, the school management had admonished students to ensure that they make their payments at the school ICT centre to avoid any form of scam.

Students(especially new students) were very cautious. So they all went to pay workers at the ICT centre to effect their registrations.
Students were done with their fees payment, did their course
registrations, printed the course registration forms and took to their Heads of Departments for stamp and signature, reserved and paid for bed space as was the normal procedure. And lectures commenced smoothly as registrations has been duly completed.

All of a sudden, like a dream, students resumed second semester and saw their names pasted on bill boards by the school management.

958 students were asked to pay again as school claims that non of
these 958 students' fee hit their treasury single account (TSA).

Question is;
Where then did these poor students' fee go to?

1. Majority of these students went to the ICT to effect their
registrations as recommended by the school authority.

2. These students all have their generated Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR).

3, All of these students recieved a one time password (OTP) generated
by their banks to complete the payment.

4. No student is allowed to register courses without first paying their fees but these students not only registered their courses, but they printed the form and their HOD's duly signed and stamped the forms.

5. No student is given access to the payment of a bed space without first paying his/her fees but majority ofthese students had a legitimate bed space throughout the session.

In order words, these students fell into no scam. If there is anyone
that fell into a scam here, it should be the school management.

Someone must have had a way of hacking their account and diverted students' fee to a personal account.

Now, the students are being made to pay for a loss the school should suffer.

A lady being sponsored by her Uncle just packed her bags back to the village as her Uncle claims he can't afford to pay fees twice.
MAUTECH is patronized mostly by poor, peasant citizens. Students whose parents grind Egusi in the market to raise fees for their kids,
students that farm to pay their fees, students that ride tricyle to
pay their fees.

Many students are leaving the school already, we seek your help NAIRALANDERS because we have no voice. The SUG has been silenced long before now.

Imagine the SUG president instead of fighting for these poor students went and paid his fees again because he was affected and announced on the school facebook forum that he leads by example so every student should pay again.

All hope seems lost for hundreds of gullible, ignorant and poor
MAUTECH students.

This is like robbers robbing a bank and the bank turns back to ask the account holders to pay.
We plead that you help MAUTECH students as soon as possible.

Thank YOU.
Re: Injustice!!! In Mautech by Samswags9(m): 10:05am On Oct 19, 2017
I Reserve My Comment
Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, Dominique.
Front Page Material
Re: Injustice!!! In Mautech by maxlev1: 6:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
[quote author=ArinzeJoel post=61563593]I write this with tears in my heart.

I am a graduate Mechanical engineering from this particular institution. Pls I want to ask when exactly was this names pasted, is it last session 2nd semester or its this new session?
Re: Injustice!!! In Mautech by Samswags9(m): 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2017
Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Injustice!!! In Mautech by ArinzeJoel: 8:37pm On Oct 19, 2017
[quote author=maxlev1 post=61579526][/quote]

The names were pasted 2nd semester last session. We didnt take it serious as the SUG even affirmed that no student was going to pay again as they will fight to ensure justice. We were at peace only to resume this semester and realized that the accounts of these students has been deactivated. To reactivate your account, one must pay the last session fee, thereafter, you will gain access to pay this session's fee.

There were people that paid twice and discovered they repeated. That means paying fees thrice for a level. Haba!

(1) (Reply)

Uniuyo Is Delaying On The Admission 2017 / Near East University Admission, Spring 2018 (january/february) Intake. / Photo Of Kidnapper Evan's Wife & Kids Used To Illustrate Education Sector At FEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.