Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Biafra: Igbo Governors Must Also Go-skc Ogbonnia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Igbo Governors Must Also Go-skc Ogbonnia (422 Views)

Lifeless President: The World Has Rejected You – SKC Ogbonnia To Buhari / SKC Ogbonnia Speaks On ‘Foreign Pressure’ Against Buhari / 2019 APC Ticket: SKC Ogbonnia Is First Challenger To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Igbo Governors Must Also Go-skc Ogbonnia by emmanuel530: 10:48am On Oct 19, 2017

Nnamdi Kanu of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has been declared wanted for not showing up in court. That is normal. But if the truth is told, the main culprit for the Biafran crisis are the politicians—not Kanu. The authorities should be knocking at the doors of the seven Nigerian governors of Igbo extraction, namely: Nyesom Ezenwo Wike (Rivers); Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta); Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu); Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia); Rochas Okorocha (Imo); Willie Obiano (Anambra); and David Umahi (Ebonyi). These governors, one after the other, openly inflamed and fueled the Biafran crisis to a sadistic state. Given that Nigerian governors are immune from prosecution, it is incumbent upon the masses to send them packing.

For sure, history will not forgive President Muhammadu Buhari for his mulish leadership in the current Biafran crisis. But the role of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is obviously worse. Then in fervent fear of the probable consequences for their corrupt deeds post-Jonathan regime, the leaders of PDP from the East unleashed a montage of separatist propaganda against the incoming Buhari government. The following innuendo from Nyesom Wike in the waning days of his governorship campaign in 2015 says it all:

“I will lead a war against them (Nigeria) like Ojukwu. Am not joking, I know am on air, and I am warning them now. Any attempt to rob us the way they rob our brother (GEJ) the battle will start from Rivers State. We will remain opposition state like Lagos. In fact, we from the South-South and South-East we remain in PDP. We leave the South-West and North to run APC. That is how they tactically shared the Country. And we will not allow them use our resources to develop their States…I want all South-South and South-East to remember this…”

The youth from the area have since answered Wike’s call, and that is your Biafra. Today, after gaining power and obviously still panting, thanks to the Buhari anti-corruption phobia, Mr. Wike is interestingly grandstanding as an arrow-head of Biafran opposition. Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State is, of course, guilty of similar shenanigans, but the shaming detail do not need to be retold here. Instead, see my piece: “Biafra and Corruption: When a Judas Becomes a Muhammad.”

more @ http://emmanuel17.com/2017/10/biafra-igbo-governors-must-also-go-skc-ogbonnia/

(1) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Is Killing Me, By Azu Ishiekwene / Buhari Must Do This To Make Ipob Sleep[read More] / Civilian Has To Handover Government To Military In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.