Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Question On S.a. Study Permit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Question On S.a. Study Permit (1213 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question On S.a. Study Permit by AKO1(m): 12:46pm On Mar 13, 2010
Please pardon my ignorance. Im on a temporary residence study permit. Most jobs here ask for Sa citizenship or proof of permission to work. Does my temp res cover my ability to work here? N.B. the work Im looking for is part time/contractual.
Re: Question On S.a. Study Permit by marcino10(m): 2:15pm On Mar 13, 2010
hi temp permit u will not work by law, of SA any TEMP permit but while not have ful permit any chanllenge email me marcino-cc@mailbox.co.za for adivser or help, and where do you come from any?
Re: Question On S.a. Study Permit by AKO1(m): 6:17pm On Mar 13, 2010
I can barely understand you.
Re: Question On S.a. Study Permit by justwise(m): 6:36pm On Mar 13, 2010
A_K_O:

I can barely understand you.

Because he is dubious.

You will get genuine replies when pple who knows much about SA work permit logs on.
Re: Question On S.a. Study Permit by debouy: 7:14pm On Mar 13, 2010
A temporal residency permit, Study Permit, Spousal visas etc all allows you to live and work legally in SA. AS for work, you only need to quote your temorary residency control number on all employment documents as evidence/rights to work in SA.
Re: Question On S.a. Study Permit by marcino10(m): 9:52am On Mar 15, 2010
i do not know what you call yourself, your are breaking law of south Africa u can not use any temp permit to work, if u want to work apply for work permit, if u want study apply for study permit, that's where i said can help, u need not to pay me any cent about, i asked you again where do u come from, someone that have study permit that's working anywhere i have seen naja people doing that but that is off job and their employer is breaking the law
Re: Question On S.a. Study Permit by marcino10(m): 10:00am On Mar 15, 2010
dubiousn UK and understood what is happening in SA, how is that, douboius like you said i ran business called marcino group tell me, what you do in UK, i will said shout ur mount up if u do not know what to say OK, criminal like you will position as good person e.g like some guy i usually met here, criminal in Europe angel in S/Africa
Re: Question On S.a. Study Permit by debouy: 10:06am On Mar 15, 2010
marcino10:

i do not know what you call yourself, your are breaking law of south Africa u can not use any temp permit to work, if u want to work apply for work permit, if u want study apply for study permit, that's where i said can help, u need not to pay me any cent about, i asked you again where do u come from, someone that have study permit that's working anywhere i have seen naja people doing that but that is off job and their employer is breaking the law

Again, i reiterate, study permit entitles student to part-time work no more than 20hours a week (contractual or whatever)

No need to come on public forums and insult people.
Re: Question On S.a. Study Permit by justwise(m): 2:43pm On Mar 15, 2010
marcino10:

dubiousn UK and understood what is happening in SA, how is that, douboius like you said i ran business called marcino group tell me, what you do in UK, i will said shout your mount up if u do not know what to say OK, criminal like you will position as good person e.g like some guy i usually met here, criminal in Europe angel in S/Africa

Re: Question On S.a. Study Permit by pappy2000: 7:06pm On Mar 16, 2010
Enough of all this,you people should allow people who understand the subject to air that opinion.
Re: Question On S.a. Study Permit by AOB92: 7:37am On Mar 17, 2010
@A_K_O
Which UNI are you studying in SA, Would love to ask you some questions about studying in SA
Re: Question On S.a. Study Permit by AKO1(m): 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2010
AOB92:

@A_K_O
Which UNI are you studying in SA, Would love to ask you some questions about studying in SA

Wits University
Re: Question On S.a. Study Permit by AOB92: 4:18pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ A_k_ O, Thanks for the reply.I am thinking of applying to either one of this schools(UCT,Stellenbosch and University of free state), I would not mind you giving me some background info that would help me in my choice about this schools if you have any andalsoo any useful info about studying in SA, Can we talk by email? Does WITS admit in JULY, I heard its mostly JANUARY
Re: Question On S.a. Study Permit by AKO1(m): 5:07pm On Mar 18, 2010
^^^Wits admits in January
UCT is the best in the country and the most expensive, so it depends on what you want. Wits is also really good.

paulkandahar@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Any One With Experience In Obtaining Bulgarian Student Visa In Nigeria? / Switching From Psw To Husband (very Complex Situation Expert Analysis Required) / Uk Visa Refusal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.