Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,799 members, 7,956,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:29 PM

President Buhari Visits Mausoleum Of Turkey's Founding Father (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Visits Mausoleum Of Turkey's Founding Father (photos) (511 Views)

President Buhari Commissions The Ziks Mausoleum In Onitsha- Pictures / Buhari Completes Nnamdi Azikiwe Mausoleum In Anambra State - Photos / Kola Abiola Hugs Tinubu In Aso Rock As Buhari Confers GCFR On His Father. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Visits Mausoleum Of Turkey's Founding Father (photos) by Tiwaz2: 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2017
PRESIDENT BUHARI VISITS MAUSOLEUM OF TURKEY’S FOUNDING FATHER, LAUDS RELATIONS BETWEEN NIGERIA, TURKEY

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday in Ankara, the capital of Turkey, laid a wreath at the mausoleum of Turkey’s founding father, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, before meeting President Recep Tayyip Erdogan at the Presidential Palace.

Accompanied by Nigeria’s Ambassador to Turkey, Iliyasu Paragalda and other senior government officials, President Buhari laid the wreath in red and white colours of the Turkish flag at the tomb of Ataturk and later observed a minute silence.

Afterwards, the President signed the official Anitkabir memorial Book of Honour at the Misaki-i Milli Kulesi (National Pact Tower), within the precincts of the mausoleum, and toured the museum.

He wrote: ‘‘It is an honour and privilege to visit Anitkabir, the mausoleum of a great patriotic, visionary and courageous leader who shaped modern Turkey, during my official working visit to Ankara and the ninth D-8 summit in Istanbul.

“I pay my profound respect to Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, founder of the Republic of Turkey and the first President from 1923 until his death in 1938.

‘‘I am pleased with the friendly relations between Turkey and Nigeria, which has grown in leaps and bounds over the years. I look forward to a more fruitful cooperation between our governments and people in areas of mutual concern and interests, for the benefit of our people.’’

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
Re: President Buhari Visits Mausoleum Of Turkey's Founding Father (photos) by policy12: 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2017
Enjoy while the fun last na tax payer money spend am...
Re: President Buhari Visits Mausoleum Of Turkey's Founding Father (photos) by SweetJoystick(m): 2:28pm On Oct 19, 2017
Yeye president

(1) (Reply)

Rochas, Imo State And Crazy Vision And Driving Force / Maina Got N22m Salary Arrears From FG – PDP Makes New Allegation / Akwa Ibom Man Demands Federal Character In Looting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.