Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor (38141 Views)

Gabriel Irabor. Dynamic CEO on the Cover Of Royal Diamond Magazine International / Sweet Sixteen JAMB 2018 / Deeper Than Love- Stories By Sarah Irabor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by LemuelIrabor: 10:34pm On Mar 29, 2018
TemmyT123:
Welcome back... Nice update.

I hope you update frequently.

I'll do my best. ☺

Thank you for reading this installment.
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by YINKS89(m): 4:25am On Mar 30, 2018
Welcome bck
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by LemuelIrabor: 7:21pm On Mar 30, 2018
YINKS89:
Welcome bck

Thank you. Cheers! ☺
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by NisforNicky: 11:33pm On Mar 31, 2018
hooked
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by savvyjenny(f): 9:48am On Apr 02, 2018
Tessy is just reminding me of my character back in secondary school.
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by LemuelIrabor: 6:19pm On Apr 02, 2018
savvyjenny:
Tessy is just reminding me of my character back in secondary school.

*smiles*

That's the idea, I guess. smiley

Thank you for reading this installment.

~LI

1 Like

Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by LemuelIrabor: 11:27pm On Aug 03, 2018
Tuesday, Oct. 9

Darn, when did life get so complicated!
I mean, two weeks ago, I was your average teenage boy just moving to a new neighborhood with his family. But now, I'm a confused adolescent trying to make heads or tails of the current plot twists that life has brought my way. Life, not fate. I like to think of ‘life' as a living entity; something inside us that gives us our being..
Ah! And there I go with the philosophy lecture..
And such poor timing—the sun isn’t even up yet!
Don’t mind me. It’s 6am already and I can already hear the usual hub-bub going on downstairs as Marvel mans the kitchen (Yes, pun intended). Turns out, Bro. is perfecting his culinary etiquette-cum-skills in preparation for a major CAT in Food and Nutrition. Ha! I can still remember how Marv grumbled and murmured when he discovered he'd have to take F&N classes at Bedford High, something he'd managed to avoid at Lord Luggard Memorial. Speaking about my old school, it seemed like eons had passed since I was a student there. How times change!
With a disgruntled shove, I send the bed covers over my lower half and sit up in bed, frowning at no one in particular. I hate it when my days begin this way. It usually spelt doom to my already-lacking interpersonal skills. And I didn’t need that. No, I sure as hell didn’t need that today.
And just then, Malcolm began his tirade of angry barks.

“Gerunds are simply verbs that function as nouns in a sentence”, our bespectacled English teacher was droning in her characteristic monotone as she read out of one of the many Advanced Learner editions that she possessed. According to tales passed down by old students, these dictionaries were her prized possessions.
Little wonder she had developed well-toned bicep muscles, I mused. Carrying those heavy books around for hours on a daily basis had apparently served the purpose of a scheduled workout routine.

OK, I confess, Miss Alabi's classes were always boring to me.me I never learnt anything new. All she did was read out stuff from textbooks, and pause in her stride one in a while to say, “Like I'm sure you've been taught..” and then more reading out of textbooks bwould follow. I kinda wondered why no one had ever reported her sloppy teaching skills to the Principal. But lemme cut the woman some slack, she did give lesser notes than all the others, as she was sure that she ‘knew we had been taught' all of the things in our present curriculum.
I'd finally managed to gather enough willpower to get out of bed and on with thebusual morning routine. After a much-needed relief in the bathroom, in my haste, I nearly collided with Martha who was already dressed in her uniform minus socks.
“Woah,” she quipped as she nimbly dodged me, “watch it, big bro.”
Somewhat embarrassed, I hurriedly dispensed with a quick apology and made for the stairs.
“Martin,” Martha called suddenly, forcing me to stop in my tracks.
“Yeah, sis.” I said playfully to mask the dread that the tone of her voice had already instilled in me. I had a bad feeling about the next words she was going to say.
“Please, try talking to Tessy before classes today,” she pleaded, “find out what's wrong..”

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN

1 Like

Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by LemuelIrabor: 11:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
Cc Savvyjenny, divepen1, biafranbushboy, Myndd44
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by Dayvdblake: 12:16am On Aug 04, 2018
We're still here Mahn...
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by LemuelIrabor: 10:49am On Aug 04, 2018

A nudge in the guts from my impossible seatmate and pal, the irrepressible Joseph Etuk was all it took to bring me back to base. And damn, it hurt.
“What, is this Frustrate-Martin-Till-He-Does-Something-He’ll-Regret day now?”, I spat angrily as I faced him.
Joe had been laughing at something he’d read in a piece of paper in his hand, but with the unrefined manner in which I reacted, his lips became taut with apprehension.
“Is anything the matter, Martin?”
I could tell Joe was mad at me, or at least so confused that he didn’t use his usual choice of words, preferring to call me directly by my given name. Who wouldn’t be?
I didn’t answer Joe’s question right away. I turned towards the front where Miss Alabi was answering the questions she’d written on the board as a classwork exercise. Why she even tried, I wondered.
Perhaps she..
“Martin, buddy, answer me,” Joe said as he shook my sleeve. His tone had changed from one of indignation to one of concern.
I shook my head pitifully. I was ruining my friendship with my present attittude.
“You won’t understand, man.”
“Try me.”
Joe refused to back off so easily. Maybe he thought he was finally getting somewhere.
I was just about to throw another temper tantrum at him, when the bell rang for a change of classes. As if on cue, everyone proceeded to dump their English texts and notes in their bag packs and slowly file out enroute the Physics laboratory. Miss Alabi was no where to be found. Apparently, she too had been waiting for the toll of the bell to take-off.
Joe grabbed my arm as I tried to join the line ahead in a bid to escape any more uncomfortable questionss from him.
Why is everyone stopping me in my tracks these days?
“Tell me, after Physics class. We good?”
OK, now Joe was beginning to sound like my father.
And before I could say another word, he disappeared into the exodus of final year students, moving to the Physics lab.
Oh, crap! Can this day just end already?

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by LemuelIrabor: 10:50am On Aug 04, 2018

A nudge in the guts from my impossible seatmate and pal, the irrepressible Joseph Etuk was all it took to bring me back to base. And damn, it hurt.
“What, is this Frustrate-Martin-Till-He-Does-Something-He’ll-Regret day now?”, I spat angrily as I faced him.
Joe had been laughing at something he’d read in a piece of paper in his hand, but with the unrefined manner in which I reacted, his lips became taut with apprehension.
“Is anything the matter, Martin?”
I could tell Joe was mad at me, or at least so confused that he didn’t use his usual choice of words, preferring to call me directly by my given name. Who wouldn’t be?
I didn’t answer Joe’s question right away. I turned towards the front where Miss Alabi was answering the questions she’d written on the board as a classwork exercise. Why she even tried, I wondered.
Perhaps she..
“Martin, buddy, answer me,” Joe said as he shook my sleeve. His tone had changed from one of indignation to one of concern.
I shook my head pitifully. I was ruining my friendship with my present attittude.
“You won’t understand, man.”
“Try me.”
Joe refused to back off so easily. Maybe he thought he was finally getting somewhere.
I was just about to throw another temper tantrum at him, when the bell rang for a change of classes. As if on cue, everyone proceeded to dump their English texts and notes in their bag packs and slowly file out enroute the Physics laboratory. Miss Alabi was no where to be found. Apparently, she too had been waiting for the toll of the bell to take-off.
Joe grabbed my arm as I tried to join the line ahead in a bid to escape any more uncomfortable questionss from him.
Why is everyone stopping me in my tracks these days?
“Tell me, after Physics class. We good?”
OK, now Joe was beginning to sound like my father.
And before I could say another word, he disappeared into the exodus of final year students, moving to the Physics lab.
Oh, crap! Can this day just end already?

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by LemuelIrabor: 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
Dayvdblake:
We're still here Mahn...

Thank you for staying true to LAASYO. smiley

I owe you all an apology for my gross inconsistencies.
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by NisforNicky: 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2018
LemuelIrabor:

Thank you for staying true to LAASYO. smiley

I owe you all an apology for my gross inconsistencies.

ah swear, ah don miss you die @OP
cheesy
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by carloz685(m): 3:37am On Aug 10, 2018
I've been a ghost reader for only God knows how long today now I can comment.... My man abeg dey wait...
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by LemuelIrabor: 2:58pm On Aug 10, 2018
carloz685:
I've been a ghost reader for only God knows how long today now I can comment.... My man abeg dey wait...

Thank you for your comment. ☺
smiley
Sometimes the fuel writers need to continue writing a series is an encouraging comment from faithful readers!

I'll be dropping the next update soon, I assure you.

CC souloho19
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by LemuelIrabor: 3:00pm On Aug 10, 2018
NisforNicky:
ah swear, ah don miss you die @OP cheesy
Missed you all too. smiley
Cheers!
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by souloho19(m): 10:57am On Aug 11, 2018
LemuelIrabor:

Thank you for your comment. ☺
smiley
Sometimes the fuel writers need to continue writing a series is an encouraging comment from faithful readers!

I'll be dropping the next update soon, I assure you.

CC souloho19

Woa...nice one bro, I'm still a couple pages behind but amma catch up immediately.
Please y'all readers should not ghost biko encourage the writer..
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by NisforNicky: 4:09pm On Aug 11, 2018
souloho19:

Woa...nice one bro, I'm still a couple pages behind but amma catch up immediately.
Please y'all readers should not ghost biko encourage the writer..
i tanda here lyk femi atanda
i dey here lyk brown ideye cheesy
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by talk2saintify(m): 11:52pm On Aug 17, 2018
NisforNicky:

c comment wey pezin comment angry

mr man, doez dis luk lyk a nollywood movie? angry
Meanwhile, i tink d op is obviously a half caste cheesy or even a white man sef. :/

Lol

I Wished He were!
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by talk2saintify(m): 12:12am On Aug 18, 2018
Lemuel!

You Finally came back to your story.

I've Forgotten most of the storyline Tho. I had to "REREAD" previous chapter/updates just to make sure I don't Mixup the whole Story along the line.

I'II Stick Around - Keep the Updates Coming!!

And Hey!!! Souloho is here! - Sh*t Just Got Real..

Lets add to the list.

Cc: LarrySun

1 Like

Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by LarrySun(m): 12:45pm On Aug 18, 2018
tongue

1 Like

Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by carloz685(m): 9:15pm On Dec 07, 2018
Lemuel irabor u don't know what we did to you buh, please when you remember us and your story... please update I have been waiting for so long....

1 Like

Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by Seunfunmi18(m): 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2018
Mr OP
Kindly continue this story fah.

1 Like

Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by four4: 3:40pm On Dec 08, 2018
Waiting on the update

1 Like

Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by Mickydon49741(m): 2:40am On Dec 09, 2018
Pls, this story is really interesting, don't stop now, pls complete it ASAP.

Good Job and more ink to ur Pen bro

1 Like

Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by ga6992: 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2018
the story line just has a foreign scent to it....totally love it....op if u may...I'd like to finish it thanks

1 Like

Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by Crystalqueen(f): 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
I love d story coz it's easy to relate to, with proper use of impeccable grammar and slightly British setting you captured your readers.... Please Lemuel come back to your story, we're waiting wink

1 Like

Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by Torg77: 1:50pm On Jan 27, 2019
Watch out for this girl she helps yahoo boys organise girls to get raped and to steal their pants ..her name is Judith

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tears Of A Soldier............ A Military War Story / Love Cycle [pre-destiny] / The River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.