Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits (1274 Views)

Sell Your Soul !! / Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? / Your Soul Is More Precious Than The Whole World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by Dolemite(f): 1:41pm On Mar 13, 2010
I'm an atheist myself, and I was just wonder, if someone came to you atheists and offered you one million dollars for rights to your eternal soul 24 hours before you die, would you take up the offer? I mean as an atheist souls don't exist, right? so it should be easy money, selling something that soesn't exist. Sincere comments please.
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by huxley(m): 2:03pm On Mar 13, 2010
Have you heard of the expression "Caveat emptor" (which means "Buyer Beware"wink? If after having warned the buyer that he would be wasting his money, and he is still prepare to conclude the deal, I will have no option but to take his money. As far as I am concerned, I would consider that as a gift, as I have given him nothing in exchange. But he is within his right to consider it whichever way he please (gift or financial transaction). My family would certainly do with a few bobs after I am gone and being eaten by worms.
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by DeepSight(m): 2:08pm On Mar 13, 2010
Huxley:

1. Is there a difference between the mind and the brain?

2. Can you tell me if any of these are physical things -

a. Thoughts

b. Love

c. Patriotism

d. Happiness
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by toneyb: 2:25pm On Mar 13, 2010
I don't have a soul so i can't sell what I don't have.
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by DeepSight(m): 2:56pm On Mar 13, 2010
^^^ Right.

You DO NOT have a soul.

You ARE a Soul.
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by huxley(m): 5:50pm On Mar 13, 2010
Deep Sight:

Huxley:

Yes, of course. If you find it hard to tell the difference, just ask yourself the following questions:

a) What is a mind?
b) Have you ever seen a mind existing outside of a brain/body?
c) IS it possible for a brain to exist without a mind? (Think of the millions of brains that exist in vats in research labs all over the world. Do they still have minds?)

Deep Sight:

2. Can you tell me if any of these are physical things -

a. Thoughts

b. Love

c. Patriotism

d. Happiness

These are non-physical concepts that can only exist in minds.
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by Ascony(m): 5:56pm On Mar 13, 2010
Just as the body is nothing without the soul, the soul is also nothing without the body,
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by DeepSight(m): 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2010
Deep Sight:

Huxley:

huxley:

Yes, of course.

Great: You have conceded that Brains are different from Minds then.

You thus accede that the mind is an element that exists and is expressed through and by the physicl brain.

This is an irreversible concession you have made.

These are non-physical concepts that can only exist in minds.

Is a thought a "concept"?
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by huxley(m): 6:06pm On Mar 13, 2010
Deep Sight:

Great: You have conceded that Brains are different from Minds then.

You thus accede that the mind is an element that exists and is expressed through and by the physicl brain.

This is an irreversible concession you have made.

Is a thought a "concept"?

This is not a concession in the way you mean. I don't think I have ever held or expressed the view that they were otherwise. Yes, the mind is an emergent "property" or phenomenon of the brain.
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by Kay17: 6:10pm On Mar 13, 2010
the soul? ancient man speaking. the mind as a physical entity doesn't exist, its only used figuratively. @ deepsight, where is the mind? and how are you going to prove that it is expressed by the brain?
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by DeepSight(m): 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2010
huxley:

This is not a concession in the way you mean. I don't think I have ever held or expressed the view that they were otherwise. Yes, the mind is an emergent "property" or phenomenon of the brain.

WHICH EXISTS FIRST?
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by huxley(m): 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2010
Deep Sight:

WHICH EXISTS FIRST?

Of course, the mind BRAIN existed first. (I have corrected this)
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by huxley(m): 6:42pm On Mar 13, 2010
Note the correction
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by jagunlabi(m): 6:46pm On Mar 13, 2010
huxley:

Of course, the mind BRAIN existed first.   (I have corrected this)
The brain exist first.There is no mind  without the brain and the inputs it gets from the physical world.
besides, what has all this got to do with the original theme.Deep sight is the culprit, the cursed caused cause of the diversion of the thread.
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by jagunlabi(m): 6:47pm On Mar 13, 2010
Correction noted
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by jagunlabi(m): 6:50pm On Mar 13, 2010
Questions: How does one sell one's soul?What is meant by the "soul" here?If the mind/body consciousness is what is referred to as "soul" in this case, then i can fathom that.I can fathom the sale of mind/body consciousness, which only means, in a lay man's term, "let me indoctrinate your mind with all kinds of stuffs, and then let me manipulate it to my heart's content afterwards".There are many different definitions of what a soul is, it depends on who is making the definition.
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 13, 2010
idleness leads to nothingness.

most cant stand that hence the meaningless threads
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by Dolemite(f): 1:01am On Mar 14, 2010
huxley:

Have you heard of the expression "Caveat emptor" (which means "Buyer Beware"wink? If after having warned the buyer that he would be wasting his money, and he is still prepare to conclude the deal, I will have no option but to take his money. As far as I am concerned, I would consider that as a gift, as I have given him nothing in exchange. But he is within his right to consider it whichever way he please (gift or financial transaction). My family would certainly do with a few bobs after I am gone and being eaten by worms.

So you won't even try to judge the motive of the buyer?
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by noetic16(m): 1:07am On Mar 14, 2010
huxley:

why would anyone be willing to pay a million dollars for your soul?. . . .that should inform u of the value attached to it.
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by noetic16(m): 1:08am On Mar 14, 2010
toneyb:

I don't have a soul so i can't sell what I don't have.

that u deny having a soul does not dispute the fact u have/are one.
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by Tudor6(f): 10:54am On Mar 14, 2010
noetic16:

why would anyone be willing to pay a million dollars for your soul?. . .  .that should inform u of the value attached to it.
Dude, people will pay millions of dollars for a frankly ulgly and drab painting of an expressionless woman dressed in black called mona lisa.

Value and worth exists only in the mind of the valuer.

@post.
Infact i'll tell the delirious and wasteful fellow that like a cat I've got 9 souls and because I like him I'll give him the entire 9 for a discount of 7.5 million dollars. . .good deal, aint it?
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by Tudor6(f): 10:55am On Mar 14, 2010
noetic16:

why would anyone be willing to pay a million dollars for your soul?. . .  .that should inform u of the value attached to it.
Dude, people will pay millions of dollars for a frankly ulgly and drab painting of an expressionless woman dressed in black called mona lisa.

Value and worth exists only in the mind of the valuer.

@post.
Infact i'll tell the delirious and wasteful fellow that like a cat I've got 9 souls and because I like him I'll give him the entire 9 for a discount of 7.5 million dollars. . .good deal, aint it?
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by toneyb: 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2010
noetic16:

that u deny having a soul does not dispute the fact u have/are one.

You have to provide evidence to show that I have one first. Actually your belief in the soul is not founded on reason, but is as a result of conditioning, emotional appeals, and social pressure. No evidence that any soul exists any where. Do rats have souls?
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by DeepSight(m): 3:49pm On Mar 14, 2010
^^^ Is it conceivable that

-  matter = Life?

Does observation of the universe bear this out?

Is it not more likely that  -

- matter + (x) = Life?
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 27, 2013
Hmm...
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by ooman(m): 8:16am On Feb 27, 2013
Deep Sight: ^^^ Is it conceivable that

-  matter = Life?

Does observation of the universe bear this out?

Is it not more likely that  -

- matter + (x) = Life?

D. Radiodurans proves that matter=life.
Re: Atheists: Sell Your Soul Here For Handsome Profits by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 27, 2013
DeepSight exposing his pseudo-intellectual sophistry. That soul theory nonsense has been debunked.

@ op. There is no soul to sell. It doesnt exist.

(1) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo Is A Fraud - Musician Tee Mac / Catholic Church Way To Hell / REDEEMED'S 71 Hours Of Marathon Praise (live Stream!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.