Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Nigeria Wasn't Included For New America Visa Lottery Program Photo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Wasn't Included For New America Visa Lottery Program Photo (1840 Views)

Nigeria Not Included In $15,000 Visa Bond Pilot – US Mission / Nigeria Barred From 2022 US Visa Lottery / 2022 American VISA Lottery: Nigeria Is The Only African Country Banned! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Wasn't Included For New America Visa Lottery Program Photo by prico32(m): 5:12pm On Oct 19, 2017
A new enrollment period for the U.S. Diversity Immigrant Visa Program – also known as the Green Card Lottery – begins Wednesday.

To my greatest surprise Nigeria wasn't included in the eligibility list.

Is it that they feel Nigerians are rich enough or what

Re: Nigeria Wasn't Included For New America Visa Lottery Program Photo by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 19, 2017
So I actually saw clearly. I tot I was on the wrong site the day I saw that

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wasn't Included For New America Visa Lottery Program Photo by Codeblues(m): 5:28pm On Oct 19, 2017
No wahala.
Re: Nigeria Wasn't Included For New America Visa Lottery Program Photo by spy24(m): 5:47pm On Oct 19, 2017
And so ?
Nigeria no dey do visa lottery give other countries
Re: Nigeria Wasn't Included For New America Visa Lottery Program Photo by ttmacoy: 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2017
To be eligible a country must not have sent up to 50,000 immigrants in the last 5 years. Nigeria is not eligible because we have sent over 50,000 immigrants over the past 5 years.

This rule applies to all countries not just Nigeria and it’s a way of ensuring diversity so they don’t end up with too many people from a single country.

”For DV-2018, natives of the following countries are not eligible to apply, because more than 50,000 natives of these countries immigrated to the United States in the previous five years: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, ...”

prico32:
A new enrollment period for the U.S. Diversity Immigrant Visa Program – also known as the Green Card Lottery – begins Wednesday.

To my greatest surprise Nigeria wasn't included in the eligibility list.

Is it that they feel Nigerians are rich enough or what

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Wasn't Included For New America Visa Lottery Program Photo by FEGNO: 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
I notice that they are still taking from areas where Islamic terrorists could slip through the checks neglecting West Africans who basically go to work and better themselves
Re: Nigeria Wasn't Included For New America Visa Lottery Program Photo by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 21, 2017
ttmacoy:
To be eligible a country must not have sent up to 50,000 immigrants in the last 5 years. Nigeria is not eligible because we have sent over 50,000 immigrants over the past 5 years.

This rule applies to all countries not just Nigeria and it’s a way of ensuring diversity so they don’t end up with too many people from a single country.

”For DV-2018, natives of the following countries are not eligible to apply, because more than 50,000 natives of these countries immigrated to the United States in the previous five years: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, ...”

So, Nigeria is not eligible again?

(1) (Reply)

D1o Arrived Safely In London / Nairalanders In Dallas,texas: Pls Advice / everything for sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.