Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

D1o Arrived Safely In London - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / D1o Arrived Safely In London (1837 Views)

Plane With Gear Problems Lands Safely In The US {PICS} / British Govt Re-issues Arik Air's Landing Slots In London / Nigeria High Commision In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

D1o Arrived Safely In London by D1O(m): 8:00am On Sep 20, 2007
Hello all my peeps in here. Sorry I've been off for a while. Relocating to the Uk was quite enuf work to keep me busy. I got here 6 days ago and have been having a lot of mixed feelings about the place. Actually, I felt like going back home the moment I got here. but i think i am loosening up as the days go by. I did my enrollment yesterday and have a student ID card now. I also just got this laptop at pcworld for 299.99 pounds. why dem no wan talk say na 300 pounds?

Anyway, I've also asked for a letter of introduction from my uni in order to be able to open a bank account here. I'd be going to get that today. After wards, I'd try getting a job that would fit into my school schedule. From the timetable I was given yesterday, I reckon I'd be studying tuesdays, wednesdays and thursdays, 2-5pm.

Sorry for boring you guys with all these but I actually feel like u r my family cos you guys were there during my tension packed entry clearance application.

@funkybaby, paribus, swiftycool, senetee, nkenwanyi, hobGlobin and all the unooficial members of my crew,
thanks for everything. London's a bit cold and wet for me at this time but I guess knowing I've got folk like you actually makes. all the difference.

hasta la vista
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by opensource(m): 9:59am On Sep 20, 2007
congrats man

At least within fews days of getting to london legitly you already building a life and a portfolio , able to setup account and do some more

thats one of the good thing of traveling in legit way

and also i see you have a very cool schedule with school

can you share the school information the course offered and their website
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 20, 2007
hey!!!

our brother from another mother

You are family alrit so when British life is a little dull just come over here, ther'll be internet access at your school anyways

i just left the uk a very brief trip its was still warm then tho

Your time schedule looks okay, you could do a couple of night jobs

where's ur school at again?
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by D1O(m): 2:42am On Sep 21, 2007
thanks for all your responses.
The uni is Westminster University in Central London, 309 Regent Street and quite close to the famous oxford street where everyone works so fast as if person dey pursue them
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by McOmo(m): 4:21am On Sep 21, 2007
is the thread really appropriate ? does it mean any and every1 can just open any thread to share his travel experiences ? Congrats tho !
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by Tats(m): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2007
Siena:

I don't get you. Do you think this thread is inappropriate?

Sometimes, I really don't understand some forum members too. This is all about sharing experiences. The content of his post is more than just saying that he has arrived. It does give some information that are of interest to others. For instance, I am not a student, but it is interesting to see the study schedule.
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by toshmann(m): 2:24pm On Sep 21, 2007
D1O:

thanks for all your responses.
The uni is Westminster University in Central London, 309 Regent Street and quite close to the famous oxford street where everyone works so fast as if person dey pursue them

hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin my dear whenever i enter london, the rate at which people walk so fast especially at victoria and westminster (parliament square area)is so alarming. at 1st it used to make me feel stupid and dull to walk slowly. my friends joined to walk fast. but later i got over it and started walking at my own pace without feeling stupid. no follow dem o, i no know wetin de pursue them. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by Tats(m): 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2007
toshmann:

hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin my dear whenever i enter london, the rate at which people walk so fast especially at victoria and westminster (parliament square area)is so alarming. at 1st it used to make me feel stupid and dull to walk slowly. my friends joined to walk fast. but later i got over it and started walking at my own pace without feeling stupid. no follow them o, i no know wetin de pursue them. grin grin grin grin grin

People really walk so fast particularly on Oxford street.
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by anusule(m): 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2007
hey dude, welcome to the UK (UR KWEEN).
dont worry about weather, it will help you look fresh.lol
UK is full of opportunities it depends on hw u see them. enjoy your stay in the Uk and make good use of the opportunity of working and schooling at the same time, learn how to save n dont visit mcdonalds twice a day like some people. lol

aight man, stay blssd
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by anusule(m): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2007
smiley
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by McOmo(m): 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2007
so it means for every one that has travelled, have-been tos and pple that are intending to travel , such are free to come and create such threads like this ? shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

abeg I fit create thread on my travel experiences to Togo and Iraq ? grin
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by rachiwise(f): 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2007
Mc Omo,why not??any thing that would make us know more about places and experiences even if na hell fire,feel free ooooooooooo abeg.

@ poster
Take good care of urself.
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by toshmann(m): 11:30pm On Sep 21, 2007
last month i travelled from seven sisters to paddington. can i create a thread for it? cheesy
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by anusule(m): 11:35pm On Sep 21, 2007
feel free man, its a free world
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by McOmo(m): 12:43am On Sep 22, 2007
Toshmann . . . where is Akola and Funkybaby ? See wetin dem don turn Nairaland to where people just dey create threads anyhow ? Hope u guys dont start lamenting when people begin to create threads narrating their daily travelling experiences from Ajah (Lagos) to Ibafo (Ogun) ? Hmnn . .
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by McOmo(m): 12:44am On Sep 22, 2007
Toshmann . . . where is Akola and Funkybaby ? See wetin dem don turn Nairaland to where people just dey create threads anyhow ? Hope u guys dont start lamenting when people begin to create threads narrating their daily travelling experiences from Ajah (Lagos) to Ibafo (Ogun) ? Hmnn . .
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by funkybaby(f): 12:51am On Sep 22, 2007
Mc Omo:

Toshmann . . . where is Akola and Funkybaby ? See wetin them don turn Nairaland to where people just dey create threads anyhow ? Hope u guys don't start lamenting when people begin to create threads narrating their daily travelling experiences from Ajah (Lagos) to Ibafo (Ogun) ? Hmnn . .

sho! shocked shocked wetin me and akola do how have we influenced people to create threads anyhow angry

my dear, narrate your experience from ajah to ibafo. i will enjoy reading it. infact, i will chip in my own experience too.

sho gbo grin
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by McOmo(m): 12:56am On Sep 22, 2007
Gerraway ! Wey ur hubby Akola ? Benin-ore exp way na . . . even if we no fly travel na travel ! Who else don arrive safely 4 jand abi anybody hang 4 air ?
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by funkybaby(f): 1:09am On Sep 22, 2007
Mc Omo:

Gerraway ! Wey your hubby Akola ? Benin-ore exp way na . . . even if we no fly travel na travel ! Who else don arrive safely 4 jand abi anybody hang 4 air ?

me, gerraway you too, disappearrrrrrrrrrr.

he is very fine, thank you. cheesy

why the bitching? them refuse you visa? post your refusal letter here. my 'hubby' fit help you. grin
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by McOmo(m): 1:18am On Sep 22, 2007
Beefing ? Babes u dont know me ! was last there 25yrs ago ! do I want to go and live there ? No . . .just spend a week or 2 and come back to ensure my adequate diet comprising okele and eran-igbe ! BTW help me beg ur hubby make hin reduce d amount wey hin wan do d visa runs 4 me biko jowo !
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by funkybaby(f): 1:27am On Sep 22, 2007
Mc Omo:

Beefing ? Babes u don't know me ! was last there 25yrs ago ! do I want to go and live there ? No . . .just spend a week or 2 and come back to ensure my adequate diet comprising okele and eran-igbe ! BTW help me beg your hubby make hin reduce d amount wey hin wan do d visa runs 4 me biko jowo !

the same thing applies to my 'hubby' and i.

we miss amala and ewedu seriously. sad

why he go reduce the amount wey he collect from you to do visa runs? angry angry

where the hell do you think he got the money from for the both of us to fly first class on virgin atlantic? smiley grin smiley

pay him the full money jo! angry

no annoy me o ! grin
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by McOmo(m): 1:39am On Sep 22, 2007
Lmao . . .way to go ! Dem don talk am finish say na woman dey propel man to look 4 more money even till he go wan kpai sef ! Woe-men !!!
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by wosiljoyyahoocom(f): 5:40am On Sep 22, 2007
Omo - one advice - just go solo o - no go dey mix up with all those Naija boys and girls for London o - and make i tell u well well - London no be like Nija o - nobody be your friend o - this one wey u dey expose yourself for here - i sure say when u open the account u go even post the account number for here - na dat time u go no say Nija president no be Obj anymore buy na Yar Yar Adua.

O'boy na my 2cents be that o - go solo for London o.

and say laptop na 299.99 and no be 300 - well - for London - dem dey use coins well well - and na gimick sha - u go see say everywhere wey u go na so so .99 everywhere.

Omo - la jue for London - no dey go mix up o.
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by mrpataki(m): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wetin we no go hear for this forum everyday. 25years ago cheesy cheesy Outrageous tongue
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by McOmo(m): 11:36pm On Sep 22, 2007
@Tosin . . . do u disbelieve me ? My pops went 34 yrs b4 traveling back there, 4 a man that was there from d late 50's to the early 70's I would say that was long ! is he eager these days to go to UK ? Yes !
Re: D1o Arrived Safely In London by ola4yinka(m): 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2007
I wonder why people keep asking if they could post thread or not, post anything as long as it's interesting, its a free World peeps.

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Tell Sometin About Cape Verde Lsland. / Turkey / Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.