Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

The Amalgamation Day(throwback Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Amalgamation Day(throwback Photo) (819 Views)

Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process / Abba Kyari And His Wife, Kulu On Their Wedding Day (Throwback Photo) / Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Amalgamation Day(throwback Photo) by Dosmay(m): 8:17am On Oct 20, 2017

Re: The Amalgamation Day(throwback Photo) by Dosmay(m): 8:17am On Oct 20, 2017
Re: The Amalgamation Day(throwback Photo) by Samsimple(m): 8:23am On Oct 20, 2017
This is how nigeria problems started. God bless nigeria
Re: The Amalgamation Day(throwback Photo) by gidgiddy: 8:24am On Oct 20, 2017
That was the day Igbos entered the "one chance" bus called 'one Nigeria'

The day a big disaster called "Nigeria" was created

1 Like

Re: The Amalgamation Day(throwback Photo) by tobillionaire(m): 8:28am On Oct 20, 2017
d security men tho standing sluggishly grin
Re: The Amalgamation Day(throwback Photo) by sinaj(f): 8:46am On Oct 20, 2017
See the way blacks were looking at the whites as if they are some kinda mini god. Smh!

We really suffered sha sad

1 Like

Re: The Amalgamation Day(throwback Photo) by sinaj(f): 8:46am On Oct 20, 2017
tobillionaire:
d security men tho standing sluggishly grin
no be hunger? Lol
Re: The Amalgamation Day(throwback Photo) by Diiet: 9:06am On Oct 20, 2017
gidgiddy:
That was the day Igbos entered the "one chance" bus called 'one Nigeria'

The day a big disaster called "Nigeria" was created
whether you igbos are in one chance bus as you put it i really don't know, but i do know that an igbo man Nnamdi Azikwe made it imposible for any tribe to opt out of the Nigeria union peacefully.
Azikwe rejected secession clause because igbos were having upper hands in almost all sectors of the country.
You also label Nigeria a disaster and yet your people cannot stay in their five states( villages) and form their own country, they are ready to die in other people's lands which are parts of Nigeria.

May be you should ask your people why they like living and trading in a country you think is a disaster.
As for me and my family and
other patriotic citizen of this country, Nigeria is a blessing. It might not be where we desire it to be but with hardwork and prayer it w'd get there someday.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Amalgamation Day(throwback Photo) by NigerDeltan(m): 9:26am On Oct 20, 2017
grin

That man Lord Luggard needs to be exhumed and flocked like 60strokes of the cane grin

1 Like

Re: The Amalgamation Day(throwback Photo) by Basic123: 10:51am On Oct 20, 2017
Diiet:
whether you igbos are in one chance bus as you put it i really don't know, but i do know that an igbo man Nnamdi Azikwe made it imposible for any tribe to opt out of the Nigeria union peacefully.
Azikwe rejected secession clause because igbos were having upper hands in almost all sectors of the country.
You also label Nigeria a disaster and yet your people cannot stay in their five states( villages) and form their own country, they are ready to die in other people's lands which are parts of Nigeria.

May be you should ask your people why they like living and trading in a country you think is a disaster.
other patriotic citizen of this country, Nigeria is a blessing. It might not be where we desire it to be but with hardwork and prayer it w'd get there someday.

Igbo will not see it as such.they will rather blame others.I have never seen them identifying any of their problems and hold themselves responsible for it.

1 Like

Re: The Amalgamation Day(throwback Photo) by gidgiddy: 11:55am On Oct 20, 2017
Diiet:

People keep talking about Zik as if he was the Igbo nation its self, Zik is just one man. Even if Zik did not want secession clause, a country cannot continue based on the sentiments of one man. Even if a secession clause had been put in the constitution by Zik and the rest, it would have been removed a long time ago by Northern military regims same way they removed 4 Regions and replaced it with 36 states.

As for asking why Igbos live and tade all over Nigeria, thats like asking why Lebanese, Indian and Chinese businessmen live and do business all over Nigeria rather than their home countries. People go were there are opportunities but that does not mean that tbey want to take up citizenship of the place. Same goes for Igbos.

The amalgamation of 1914 was a disaster. It brought together people who were no fighting before, together, and they have been fighting each other since then.

If it had not been for that evil amalgamation, Southern and Northern protectorates would have been different countries and Igbos would have been able to secede from Southern Nigeria any time they want as Yorubas would not been able to fight to keep them.

Igbos entered one chance in 1914
Re: The Amalgamation Day(throwback Photo) by juman(m): 12:03pm On Oct 20, 2017
It suppose to be one of the most celebrated days in the country.

The day nigeria became a potentially super country.

But good for nothing "leaders" have destroyed the country.

Amalgamation became a nightmare and sad thing.

Blacks cannot rule themselves well.

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Referendum Activities To Start Monday -BNYL / PDP Convention: APC Jittery, Clutching On Straws. / Failed, Accurate Prophecies Of 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.