Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,630 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) (49656 Views)

Meet Victor Ayooluwa Babalola: University Of Uyo Best Graduating Student / Afe Babalola University Commissions Senate Building - The White Rock / Afe Babalola University Completes 400 Bed Teaching Hospital(photo) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by onatisi(m): 9:28pm On Oct 20, 2017
this is exactly what we need in Nigeria . private hospitals like this with the best medical equipments and medical practitioners . Nigerians wont mind paying the cost , but the nation erratic power supply is the main problem
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by hush15: 9:28pm On Oct 20, 2017
NokiaN8:
Better than Aso rock clinic

Way better than aso clinic. The even have advanced syringes

Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2017
extralargehead:
Nice structure and lovely pix. Did i hear the Op say it is the best so far?. Have they conducted any surgery there?, can it stop our leaders from going overseas for medicare?. what breakthroughs have they achieved so far? . Can it attract people from other countries to Nigeria ?. Let us wait and pray them to achieve their goals.
ERM I did not say that it is the best. I am simply saying it is one of d best teaching hospital structure from any private university that I have seen.

Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2017
onatisi:
this is exactly what we need in Nigeria . private hospitals like this with the best medical equipments and medical practitioners . Nigerians wont mind paying the cost , but the nation erratic power supply is the main problem
They are about to have their own independent power station.

Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by shambala: 9:36pm On Oct 20, 2017
Statsocial:
Lalasticlala Demmzy15
This is super impressive. That Toshiba MRI scanner hovers around $2-3 million in actual cost.

Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by Ola514(m): 9:40pm On Oct 20, 2017
awesome
they can still do more
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2017
shambala:

This is super impressive. That Toshiba MRI scanner hovers around $2-3 million in actual cost.
Wow really! Thats almost a billion naira.
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by onatisi(m): 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2017
Statsocial:

They are about to have their own independent power station.
once they can do that , they will recoup the investment back within the shortest possible time .
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by DangotePikin: 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2017
designer01:

Abi nah, I need to enroll my kid here soon, shes fourteen
can u pay?
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2017
shambala:

I heard it is the first in d state!

Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by Smooyis(m): 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2017
Congratulations to all Nigerians on this. I hope the state of government of ekiti and the federal government will provide the needed support, so the hospital can achieve its goals.
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by onatisi(m): 9:43pm On Oct 20, 2017
Statsocial:

Wow really! Thats almost a billion naira.
i am sure afe babalola has foreign partners who supported him , they will make big bucks in nigeria . if only ppl know how much nigerians spend to travel abroad for medical services , they will actually invest more in health care buisiness
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by sonnie10: 9:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
shambala:

Why do we celebrate mediocrity. Those equipment are as old as dinosaur. Actually they are not less than 15year. These are tokunbo stuff from my junkyard.

What is so special in cleaning up outdated machines which nobody knows is they have be recalibrated.

Nigerians are easily deceived. Somebody should let him know that he could work with manufacturers in procuring new equipment
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by Paperwhite(m): 9:47pm On Oct 20, 2017
So nice and classical.Kudus Babalola.
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 20, 2017
onatisi:

i am sure afe babalola has foreign partners who supported him , they will make big bucks in nigeria . if only ppl know how much nigerians spend to travel abroad for medical services , they will actually invest more in health care buisiness
Yeah the labs is being run by aster labs from Dubai I think and they are going to share the profits.It is also meant to have a mix of foreign and local doctors. But if you mean the money used in building d hospital then that partly came from the AfDB loan and d rest from ABUAD.
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2017
it won't stop Jubril from flying to London for face lift

Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by designer01(m): 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2017
DangotePikin:
can u pay?
Why not
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by marwanafrica: 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2017
Among the dignitary in Attendance of the ceremony, I can sight a man that looks like Talban minna
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by idu1(m): 9:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
Desyner:
Good. This is what all public UTH should look like.

Don't be ridiculous.

There is nothing there. Few xray machine and CT scanner. The worst public university teaching hospital in nigeria is better than this. They still need much more catching up to do.
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by onatisi(m): 9:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
Statsocial:

Yeah the labs is being run by aster labs from Dubai I think and they are going to share the profits.It is also meant to have a mix of foreign and local doctors. But if you mean the money used in building d hospital then that partly came from the AfDB loan and d rest from ABUAD.
whao whao whao
so so simple , this is what we need , he used his government contacts to secure a loan which isnt a bad idea , and i am very sure just like you said it will be a partnership venture with foreign partners , they will make mega billions , because ppl will troop in from west african countries to seek medical attention once they are sure that the hospital offers quality services

Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by shambala: 9:55pm On Oct 20, 2017
sonnie10:

Why do we celebrate mediocrity. Those equipment are as old as dinosaur. Actually they are not less than 15year. These are tokunbo stuff from my junkyard.

What is so special in cleaning up outdated machines which nobody knows is they have be recalibrated.

Nigerians are easily deceived. Somebody should let him know that he could work with manufacturers in procuring new equipment
There is no mediocrity in this. In actual sense this is a light year ahead of what our public teaching hospitals have on offer. At least leave your myopic partisan bigotry aside and appreciate a Nigerian like you who is changing the face of the Country. Am sure you haven't offered this country any tangible thing yet!

Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by shambala: 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
idu1:

Don't be ridiculous.

There is nothing there. Few xray machine and CT scanner. The worst public university teaching hospital in nigeria is better than this. They still need much more catching up to do.
Please name one federal university teaching hospital that has an MRI scanner?

Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by DrChatNuff: 10:00pm On Oct 20, 2017
All well and good buying machines...BUT are the personel WELL trained...
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2017
humilitypays:
What Nigeria need is technological revolution not importing equipments we can't repair or maintain after some years of installation.

Once Nigeria is able to develop her own indigenous technology, every of our problem will be solved; be it agriculture, health, bad roads, etc.

Private universities in Nigeria should focus on technological/engineering development and research so they can produce the generation of Nigerian youths that will liberate Nigeria from technological dependence on Europe/America/China.

We need the type of technological revolution in China that changed China's fortune for good.

All these importation of finished equipments from abroad can't take us anywhere.
Ode so doctors is the one that should be building technology abi. Your suggestion is a good example of right peg in a wrong hole.
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by Carter4luv(m): 10:06pm On Oct 20, 2017
Buhari will still travel to London for treatment
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by Izychi: 10:07pm On Oct 20, 2017
humilitypays:
What Nigeria need is technological revolution not importing equipments we can't repair or maintain after some years of installation.

Once Nigeria is able to develop her own indigenous technology, every of our problem will be solved; be it agriculture, health, bad roads, etc.

Private universities in Nigeria should focus on technological/engineering development and research so they can produce the generation of Nigerian youths that will liberate Nigeria from technological dependence on Europe/America/China.

We need the type of technological revolution in China that changed China's fortune for good.

All these importation of finished equipments from abroad can't take us anywhere.

True. But we'd get there.
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by tosyne2much(m): 10:17pm On Oct 20, 2017
Statsocial:

I pray so too but considering it is private I am sure the owners would not let it rot away. Unlike govt's property which is no man's property.

I am just excited about the fact that this is a 7 ur old university. Even UCH doctors where astounded when they came over!
The equipment will not be handled like that of public UTH cheesy
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by 2nattie(m): 10:22pm On Oct 20, 2017
sonnie10:

You follow dem go buy the equipments? How you take know say na tokunbo? Even if na tokunbo the guy don try. At least e no be like your politicians wey still una money go buy properties for US and UK. What a shame. Can u ever praise people for their good deeds? I pity Nigeria. People with your kind of mindset full Nigeria. May God help us

Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by Bimpe29: 10:22pm On Oct 20, 2017
Remarkable one from the erudite lawyer. I pray it last and sustained.
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by habsydiamond(m): 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2017
Omo see photocopy machine yeeh oooo. dem giant like big cow. this man won start printing business again. wetin he no go do sef........ kidding.... that's nice to have good medical equipments and facilities around us. Instead of traveling abroad for less serious medical issue we can try our own facilities.
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by Alitair(m): 10:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
Most of these equipments won't be turned on once talk less of being used. They will end either in Private hospitals or Condemned.
Re: Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) by KENZINCO(m): 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2017
If you haven't been to ABUAD, you won't understand what all this us all about.

Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? / We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba / Student Enters In A Tunnel Because Of Rain

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51