Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,580 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Ore Mii - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Ore Mii (492 Views)

Ugo Mii (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ore Mii by lalaponcus(m): 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ore mi ana su mo ibi (Come close my friend)
O ni gbolohun oro ti a fe so (there is a word I wish to tell you)
Ma je kin tan e o adanwo nla mbo ore.
Do not be deceived by the journey of my style which often begins with a step into the valley of dispair and ends in the castle of delight
Neither think that the roses would blossom at the end while the sky opens up to rain down blue and red Popsicles that are finger licking good.

Ore mi ana sun mo mi mo wi.
I can see you receding.
Gently stepping back in a hasty retreat from this 'nyama-looking' jello which I have brought.
For it is not your usual type of poem,
Or article, or letter that you have always expected from the bleeding pen of Bashorun.

Nevertheless, emi a so fun e o (I will tell you)
Tell you to brace yourself for the next phase which you are about to step into.
For the adanwo (challenge) is meant to unsettle you and drag you into a pit of dispair.
Tell you to clench your fists and take it in like an akonni.
For the adanwo is meant to test your resolve and your profession of the creed of Integrity.
Tell you to listen to the unspoken words which raise their voices in gestures.
For within them will you see the tiny light which would lead you straight to the lighthouse.
Tell you to expect disappointment from those you love.
For they would dispair like Sisphus; having the heart to help but unable to due to lack of resources.

Agbala ojo ma ro ore mi.
Sugbon ma foya nitoripe Edumare n be ni tosi.

Though the hearth may grow cold and no wood nor match may be in sight,
Fear not because His presence would give the heat.
Though the most luxuriant leaf withers and falls to the ground in a final farewell,
The Vine of life would cause a more fruitful stem to burst forth.
Though the huge Iroko may fall and cause a blockade on the path to the stream,
He would create a path within the thorns and thickets and lead you to draw from the ocean of life.

Beeni ore mi.
Bi ale ba pe titi, owuro n mbo.
Even though the night may bring with her unspoken horrors, like a uniben girl who is invited to a date at Mat-ice, something good is coming.
#Bashorun

Okontas.com

(1) (Reply)

Snow [haiku] / False Teachers / For My Beloved In Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.