Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

We Are Making A Mockery Of Prayers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Making A Mockery Of Prayers (553 Views)

Economist Magazine A Mockery Of True Journalism - Akinwunmi Ambode / Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff / ‘stop Making Mockery Of Governance’ PDP Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Making A Mockery Of Prayers by nedu666: 12:18am On Mar 14, 2010
lt is sad but i think we are making a mockery of prayers in this country and attempting to patronise God. Imagine everything starts and ends with prayers even when the subjects are not making efforts. e.g. praying against road accidents when the roads are bad, they cars are inn bad shape. Praying against armed robber when there is massive unemployment and poverty. Praying to God togive waziri the strength to fight corruption when she is corrupt.s
Re: We Are Making A Mockery Of Prayers by oderemo(m): 12:21am On Mar 14, 2010
don't 4get to add our deligent effort to pray before we prey oops pray.
Re: We Are Making A Mockery Of Prayers by Beaf: 12:27am On Mar 14, 2010
nedu666:

lt is sad but i think we are making a mockery of prayers in this country and attempting to patronise God. Imagine everything starts and ends with prayers even when the subjects are not making efforts. e.g. praying against road accidents when the roads are bad, they cars are inn bad shape. Praying against armed robber when there is massive unemployment and poverty. Praying to God togive waziri the strength to fight corruption when she is corrupt.s

Kai!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

You have accurately captured Nigerian hipocrisy and mental laziness. . . Scratch the surface and you will find the deceit and wickedness that led to the Jos massacres.
Re: We Are Making A Mockery Of Prayers by tunnytox(m): 2:13am On Mar 14, 2010
@poster thank you jare no wonder obj too was asking Nigerians to pray for light when obviously he just didn't do his job well enough to provide electricity. This prayer mentality is creating a negative form of orientation for Nigerians imagine a friend of mine here in the UK find it difficult to make application for jobs, visit job centre or even call employer to get an update on his application all he does is pray. Very lazy and daft attitude
Re: We Are Making A Mockery Of Prayers by Justcash(m): 7:14am On Mar 14, 2010
I like this Topic .

@Poster: I think you need to change the title of this topic to something more catchy.

Nigerians like faking up reality. I noticed that with Seun and bluetooth's responses in a thread about the division of Nigeria .

How can you salvage Nigeria without some deaths? Ask the french how they carried out their revolution.

Nigeria cannot change with the presence of people like Seun and bluetooth who are scared of taking the bull by the horn.

Carrying Placards isn't working anymore. Nigerians need to match into the FCT, Over-run the police, military and airforce, and slaughter all those useless politicians. Then Come together and determine how to co-exist in a new and workable system.
If the above is not possible, Nigeria needs to divide! Violently or not! After-all massob members and Niger-delta militants are dying for the same course!

*** I used Seun and bluetooth because they actually are scared of violent change, which is an option when peaceful change fails.

(1) (Reply)

Finally, Meet The Members Of The Popular Cabal / Explosions Rock Nigeria Amnesty Ceremony / Nigeria Lacks Foundational Structure For Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.