Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record (39580 Views)

List Of Nigerians In Guinness Book Of World Records / Falz To CNN: I Am Not Afraid To Die, Buhari’s Promise Frustrating / Sack Stephanie Busari - Kemi Olunloyo To CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by oluwatymylehyn(m): 6:38pm On Oct 21, 2017
He's a very hardworking dude and he deserves every accolades that come his way.

1 Like

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by Jerrypolo(m): 6:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
rentAcock:
Clowns. What record did he break to make it into guiness book of records? IS it because he acted a movie in the Caribbean and Atlanta? Or was his movie featured in American cinemas where he grossed Over $1billion or what? Silly set of Nigerians always over hyping themselves and over inflating their importance.

2 Likes

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by number5(m): 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
Lyoncrescent:
I can't knock his hustle for his clever and gimmick marketing of the 30 days in Atlanta movie but the truth must be told, that movie is a truly terrible movie . Awful to say the least. I personally have refused to watch any other AY movie ever.

To his target audience, it isn't a terrible movie.. U are clearly not part of his target audience and likewise yours faithfully... The gullibility and somewhat unexposed nature of majority of Nigerians has been making this wack celebrities some cool cash for ages now... Whenever I see so called graduates sitting down and watching Nigerian movies I always wonder, aside the show of stupidity, what's worth watching in our movies?

3 Likes

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by Ugo4hotish(m): 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2017
ok, I want the first 5 idiots who'll relate this to IGBO or IPob or southeast to start ranting.
Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by ivolt: 6:59pm On Oct 21, 2017
number5:

To his target audience, it isn't a terrible movie.. U are clearly not part of his target audience and likewise yours faithfully... The gullibility and somewhat unexposed nature of majority of Nigerians has been making this wack celebrities some cool cash for ages now... Whenever I see so called graduates sitting down and watching Nigerian movies I always wonder, aside the show of stupidity, what's worth watching in our movies?

What movies do you watch?

1 Like

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by Built2last: 7:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
MrDandy:
AY is the perfect explanation of the quote

“Hard work beats talent”

Nigga ain’t talented but his hard work and determination brought him this far.

Nd strategic moves. He has an eye for opportunities
Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by Ugosample(m): 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2017
rentAcock:
Clowns. What record did he break to make it into guiness book of records? IS it because he acted a movie in the Caribbean and Atlanta? Or was his movie featured in American cinemas where he grossed Over $1billion or what? Silly set of Nigerians always over hyping themselves and over inflating their importance.
What is your issue undecided

1 Like

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by number5(m): 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2017
ivolt:

What movies do you watch?

I watch movies that re actually inspiring and educative..

I am not the most miserable human on earth so therefore, I dnt need to watch some show of stupidity called Nigerian comedies to make me laugh.. Why do Nigerians always want to be made to laugh anyway?

1 Like

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
Decryptor:
It was so wack that i had to sit on my television and watch the couch.
JESUS CHRIST!!!. Are you human? Do you have a heart at all? Why are you this wicked?

3 Likes

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by ivolt: 7:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
number5:

I watch movies that re actually inspiring and educative..

I am not the most miserable human on earth so therefore, I dnt need to watch some show of stupidity called Nigerian comedies to make me laugh.. Why do Nigerians always want to be made to laugh anyway?

Comedy exists everywhere in the world and it does not appeal to everybody's taste.
Just because you can't appreciate comedy doesn't make it less of an art.

I could turn your question around and ask:
Why do you watch inspiring movies?
Are you trying to cure depression?

You can see that such questions are shallow.

The truth is you don't need to watch any kind of movie or show.

6 Likes

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by manuelrukky(m): 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
rentAcock:
30 days in Atlanta was officially recognized by the 2017
Guinness World Records as one of the films with
the highest domestic gross in the territories of
Bollywood, Nollywood and Hollywood.
A trip to Jamaica broke the same record set by 30 days in Atlanta

1 Like

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by number5(m): 7:56pm On Oct 21, 2017
ivolt:

Comedy exists everywhere in the world and it does not appeal to everybody's taste.
Just because you can't appreciate comedy doesn't make it less of an art.

I could turn your question around and ask:
Why do you watch inspiring movies?
Are you trying to cure depression?

You can see that such questions are shallow.

The truth is you don't need to watch any kind of movie or show.

My earlier post or reply has hardly contradicted any of ur aforementioned points.. The bane of the Nigerian movie industry wich is my point is the fact that we dnt diversify in other forms of movie. A good over 90% of movies released by our nollywood yearly has a comedy storyline that does not pass any other message than the immediate giggles and laughs on the faces of viewers

Tell me exactly how many of our prestigiously written books by local authors have we adapted into life action pictures.?

30 days in atlanta, trip to Jamaica, days in suncity .. Come on Bro, we re busy recycling trash...

Again, it is my view only and thats why I started by telling the op that the said movie is not targeted at every body,. Him, and definitely myself is not finding it worthy of applaud
Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by number5(m): 7:58pm On Oct 21, 2017
manuelrukky:

30 days in Atlanta was officially recognized by the 2017
Guinness World Records as one of the films with
the highest domestic gross in the territories of
Bollywood, Nollywood and Hollywood.
A trip to Jamaica broke the same record set by 30 days in Atlanta

Nollywood only pls. Dnt push ur luck

1 Like

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by ofuonyebi: 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
why are we not always happy when we hear good news about Niegrians...

to appear in CNN...is that not records?.....if it is Oyinbo man we go start garging!

2 Likes

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by Uhomanbulus110(f): 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
Niceone
Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by ivolt: 8:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
number5:

My earlier post or reply has hardly contradicted any of ur aforementioned points.. The bane of the Nigerian movie industry wich is my point is the fact that we dnt diversify in other forms of movie. A good over 90% of movies released by our nollywood yearly has a comedy storyline that does not pass any other message than the immediate giggles and laughs on the faces of viewers

Tell me exactly how many of our prestigiously written books by local authors have we adapted into life action pictures.?

30 days in atlanta, trip to Jamaica, days in suncity .. Come on Bro, we re busy recycling trash...

Again, it is my view only and thats why I started by telling the op that the said movie is not targeted at every body,. Him, and definitely myself is not finding it worthy of applaud

I got your point but I just the think that the genre of a movie doesn't make it a thrash.
Even if all the movies produced by Nollyhood is comedy, each movie would have to be rated
based on its content and not the category it belonged to.

Capitalism is at work here, if those movies are unwanted by consumers and are not profitable,
producers will stop making them. I personally don't watch any movie or show whose main appeal
is the comedy. But I recognize that a large segment of Nigerian society wants these movies
because they derive some values from them. Even movies with serious plotlines almost always
include a humorous character.

I am not suggesting that the industry cannot do better but since the primary aim of
making movies is to make a profit through entertainment, it is totally a justifiable action for
a producer to give an audience what they want.

2 Likes

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by JazzMode: 8:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
Drabeey:
one more reason to bliv Nigeria will be great

Nigeria as an entity has refused to imbibe the kind of spirit of hustle that brought him this far. I think it is more of his own personal efforts than about us as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by JazzMode: 8:38pm On Oct 21, 2017
ivolt:

I got your point but I just the think that the genre of a movie doesn't make it a thrash.
Even if all the movies produced by Nollyhood is comedy, each movie would have to be rated
based on its content and not the category it belonged to.

Capitalism is at work here, if those movies are unwanted by consumers and are not profitable,
producers will stop making them. I personally don't watch any movie or show whose main appeal
is the comedy. But I recognize that a large segment of Nigerian society wants these movies
because they derive some values from them. Even movies with serious plotlines almost always
include a humorous character.

I am not suggesting that the industry cannot do better but since the primary aim of
making movies is to make a profit through entertainment, it is totally a justifiable action for
a producer to give an audience what they want.

Well said. The market determines what comes to it, else you go broke.

1 Like

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2017
Nawteemaxie:
DELSU graduates always making us proud.
Theatre arts
Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by davo90tico(m): 9:41pm On Oct 21, 2017
rentAcock:
Lol e pain am

1 Like

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by highchief1: 9:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
Nawteemaxie:
DELSU graduates always making us proud.
he didn't graduate..I'm a delsuite
Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by highchief1: 9:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Theatre arts
e no graduate
Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
highchief1:
e no graduate
Are you sure? He graduated from theatre arts

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by highchief1: 10:01pm On Oct 21, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Are you sure? He graduated from theatre arts
nawa o.with certificate of attendance Bsc or ba
Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by Olyboy16(m): 10:01pm On Oct 21, 2017
Decryptor:
Congrats AY...but truth be told...that your "Trip to Jamaica" movie with Funke Akindele is the most wackest movie i have ever watched in my entire life. It was so wack that i had to sit on my television and watch the couch. undecided undecided
you would make a great entertainer sir! ROTFL

2 Likes

Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by Nawteemaxie(m): 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2017
highchief1:
he didn't graduate..I'm a delsuite

So am I. He attended, so why wouldn't he have graduated?
Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by Nawteemaxie(m): 10:04pm On Oct 21, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Theatre arts

Yea. Representing.
Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by dolapo003: 10:11pm On Oct 21, 2017
Decryptor:
Congrats AY...but truth be told...that your "Trip to Jamaica" movie with Funke Akindele is the most wackest movie i have ever watched in my entire life. It was so wack that i had to sit on my television and watch the couch. undecided undecided
grin grin but why ? grin grin grin
Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by highchief1: 10:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
Nawteemaxie:

So am I. He attended, so why wouldn't he have graduated?
lol na everybody when matric dey graduate I no understand u?is it islt u did or regular
Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by Nawteemaxie(m): 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2017
highchief1:
lol na everybody when matric dey graduate I no understand u?is it islt u did or regular

I am a regular. Currently.
Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by highchief1: 10:17pm On Oct 21, 2017
Nawteemaxie:

I am a regular. Currently.
oh u stl der?i left 07...exactly 10yrs ago so u see..same atscan hall same faculty same dean but diff hod
Re: Comedian AY Makes It To CNN, Reveals How He Made It To Guinness Book Of Record by Nawteemaxie(m): 10:20pm On Oct 21, 2017
highchief1:
oh u stl der?i left 07...exactly 10yrs ago so u see..same atscan hall same faculty same dean but diff hod

Wow! Migwor bros!
No need to argue with you be that. Accept my apologies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Question Source Of Regina Daniels Wealth After She Bought Another Benz / Daddy Freeze Schools Frank Edwards, Says Satan Never Killed Anyone / Toke Makinwa Assaulted & Disgraced At Crossroads By John Boyega's Bodyguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.