Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Ex-oba Of Benin’s Blessings Aided Lagos Development – Akiolu - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ex-oba Of Benin’s Blessings Aided Lagos Development – Akiolu (17364 Views)

How Madam Efunroye Tinubu Aided Abolishment Of Slave Trade In 1800s / Meet 50 Obas Who Rule Lagos With Oba Rilwan Akiolu / I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-oba Of Benin’s Blessings Aided Lagos Development – Akiolu by Danladi7: 9:02am On Oct 23, 2017
ernieboy:

illorin was conquered by the Fulani jihadists and the ruling house in illorin headed by afonja was supplanted by a Fulani hegemony.
Get a good history book.

Ilorin was never conquered by jihadist!
Re: Ex-oba Of Benin’s Blessings Aided Lagos Development – Akiolu by ernieboy(m): 10:14am On Oct 23, 2017
Danladi7:

Get a good history book.

Ilorin was never conquered by jihadist!
it was. u are the one who needs a good history lesson. there are different types of conquests. conquest must not necessarily come from open warfare. if it was never conquered how come the present dynasty is that of a Fulani lineage when we know that illorin is historically a Yoruba community? and how was the Fulani hegemony able to take over from afonja was it a friendly handover? are u also aware that aluimi was one of the flagbearers of Dan fodio in the sokoto jihad? it is even shameful that while other communities put up stiff resistance and in places like Bornu( old kenem Bornu empire) they actually defeated the jihadists, illorin was unable to put up any form of resistance and infact was one of the easiest conquests by the jihadists.
Re: Ex-oba Of Benin’s Blessings Aided Lagos Development – Akiolu by mr1759: 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2017
step1:

Can you explain why we are not yorubas

The country Benin republic is not called anago or ewe or yoruba republic' have you found out why ?

Benin republic was name after Bini people who fought for the freedom of the people there, or think it should have been call Yoruba republic
Re: Ex-oba Of Benin’s Blessings Aided Lagos Development – Akiolu by isalegan2: 1:55am On Oct 24, 2017
step1:
I think this matter has been put to rest. As an said I man from Lagos island royal household I think I can state some facts from my pov.

1. The old and even present day Lagos island WAS NEVER OWNED BY BINIS.

2. The monarchy is firmed by a bini Prince and this does not make us under binu in any way

3. Bini itself came from Ile ife.

4. Before binis migrated we have the awori people and every bini linkage is now awori as I am from one of the lineage.

5. We are yorubas in every sense and we consider binis as yorubas

6. Akinolu was never meant to be oba but Tinubu forced him on us. It was the family of Adebiyi that was to be king after oyekan

7. Unlike the binis we know our history and that is why homage is paid to the oba bini till this day. Bini is meabt to be doing thr same to the ooni

Respect to you, my broda. tongue But (I heard from a friend that) at least three different royal houses were claiming they were due to be on the throne after Adeniji Adele, and the lipsrsealed clan were already in court during Dosunmus reign and continued after his passing when Oyekan's coronation was rushed through, and again before Akiolu became Eleko. The fight continues. Vitoria e certa! angry
Re: Ex-oba Of Benin’s Blessings Aided Lagos Development – Akiolu by isalegan2: 2:01am On Oct 24, 2017
mr1759:

binis are not yoruba, aworis are not Yoruba

the Lagos Atlantic ocean was formerly called the bright of Bini not the bright of Yoruba have u find out why

angry
Re: Ex-oba Of Benin’s Blessings Aided Lagos Development – Akiolu by femolii: 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:
actually I think you should do a little research, Benin empire also included ondo and much of Ogun, and even ekiti, the boundary is in otun ekiti....
no sense in your skull
Re: Ex-oba Of Benin’s Blessings Aided Lagos Development – Akiolu by Ubenedictus(m): 10:17pm On Oct 24, 2017
femolii:
no sense in your skull
I hope you feel better after insulting me.

if you have a reply to my post, submit it,if not have a nice day
Re: Ex-oba Of Benin’s Blessings Aided Lagos Development – Akiolu by Olu317(m): 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2017
Guestlander:

Oba of Benin himself descended from Oranmiyan. Kini big deal?
Adorable opinion
Re: Ex-oba Of Benin’s Blessings Aided Lagos Development – Akiolu by dejiogundipe(m): 11:28am On Feb 01, 2019
Omofunaab2:

Stop saying nonsense.. .. baale of idumota is even a junior king to Ayangburen of Ikorodu...

Akiolu should be under the Olota of Ota who happens to be the paramount ruler of Awori land... . Awori owns lagos Island

The paramount ruler of Awori land is Oba Nurudeen Adekanbi, the Olofin of Isheri Olofin of Ifo LG in OGUN State

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Isese Day: Osun declares Tuesday public holiday for traditional worshippers / Are There Any Nigerian Tribes With Ancenstral Links With Tribes In Ghana? / Town Or Clan Whose Original Dialect Is Closer To Central Igbo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.