Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,591 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible (20279 Views)

Abel Damina: Breast, Yansh, Brain, Good Cook Do Not Make You A Wife Material But / 16 Ways To Find A Wife According To The Holy Bible / 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Obaf1(m): 7:33am On Oct 22, 2017
am just laffin at d same time dey wonder, if person wan marry my daughter nah to kil-li me first.......ahahahahahahahahah
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by YungJo207(m): 7:35am On Oct 22, 2017
candlewax:
f

twentyk:
F

crunchyg:
cool

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Members of LESBANL ( legal,space Booker's , association of Nairaland.
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by internationalman(m): 7:35am On Oct 22, 2017
Find a prostitute and marry her...

Pastors won't preach these verses oh, they will only preach the ones that justify their intentions in coaxing congregation to watering their financial needs

3 Likes

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Divay22(f): 7:36am On Oct 22, 2017
Number 1 angry angry
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by amnesty7: 7:39am On Oct 22, 2017
mazimee:
Seun and his mods are bais. We all know that this OP is obviously a non Christian, but he Created this thread to mock Christianity.

The mod that pushed this to Front page, enjoy your mockery
But are the verses Biblical?

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Baseloaded1(m): 7:40am On Oct 22, 2017
Am very very confuse that the writer is not a Christain, and lack scripture understanding. The Bible never say marry a prostitute, the d Lord instructed Hosea the prophet to marry harlot for some revelations... Plz stop posting such nonsense I don't know what nairaland Is becoming
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Wirelessmic(m): 7:41am On Oct 22, 2017
please who has black tie Jare mine is missing

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by raphieMontella: 7:41am On Oct 22, 2017
useless work of art @the Bible

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 22, 2017
bro, i am entitled to post whatever i like so long its in acquiesce with NL rule, can wake up and feel like typing f, b or c, infact any alphabet i deem fit, it d0es not suggest i am trying to book space.

Augustap
YungJo207:

Members of LESBANL ( legal,space Booker's , association of Nairaland.
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by tballeyy(m): 7:42am On Oct 22, 2017
Leave story
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by twentyk(m): 7:42am On Oct 22, 2017
No 2 though....
No 13 kill the husband and and carry the wife... Omo na world wife war be that....savage....

The most hilarious gotta be No6...
Imagine nairaland end of year party and all them Nl babes they dance...na kidnapping spree for the guys oooo....
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Baseloaded1(m): 7:44am On Oct 22, 2017
internationalman:
Find a prostitute and marry her...

Pastors won't preach these verses oh, they will only preach the ones that justify their intentions in coaxing congregation to watering their financial needs

Please dat verse , does not ask us to marry prostitutes, plz read Hosea 1 ,1-3
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by mazimee(m): 7:44am On Oct 22, 2017
amnesty7:

But are the verses Biblical?

You quoted them out of context
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Wirelessmic(m): 7:44am On Oct 22, 2017
Baseloaded1:
Am very very confuse that the writer is not a Christain, and lack scripture understanding. The Bible never say marry a prostitute, the d Lord instructed Hosea the prophet to marry harlot for some revelations... Plz stop posting such nonsense I don't know what nairaland Is becoming

The writer is just being creative at least there is a case of someone who married a prostitute in the Bible, the writer is a talent if I must say and should be celebrated from digging out some funny things out of the Bible it shows he's a scholar no dumb head does something of the magnitude.

abeg no bad blood
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by YungJo207(m): 7:45am On Oct 22, 2017
candlewax:
bro, i am entitled to post whatever i like so long its in acquiesce with NL rule, can wake up and feel like typing f, b or c, infact any alphabet i deem fit, it d0es not suggest i am trying to book space.

Augustap

Bro forgive and forget na this is Sunday naso she hurt you reach why f bisi ehn cheesy wink

Happy Sunday mehn.
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by castrol180(m): 7:46am On Oct 22, 2017
candlewax:
I am proud to say that the op and mod that brought this to front page is a big gigantic fool (this is probably a compliment. If you have to post the scriptural reference then you will do well to post the full story so readers could have more insight and knowledge. do not ridicule others religion

Augustap

Who is this one blabbing and yabbing everybody including the moderator that push this to the front page? Do you know more than the Bible itself or the op?

So far the Bible verses have been quoted then any interested reader should consult with the bible and not waste space here...
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 22, 2017
cheers brother

Augustap
YungJo207:

Bro forgive and forget na this is Sunday naso she hurt you reach why f bisi ehn cheesy wink

Happy Sunday mehn.
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by internationalman(m): 7:47am On Oct 22, 2017
Baseloaded1:

Please dat verse , does not ask us to marry prostitutes, plz read Hosea 1 ,1-3
I don't have Hosea in my Bible.
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by DaniDani(m): 7:48am On Oct 22, 2017
This OP must be an atheist. They are good at fauting the bible.
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 22, 2017
Before i begin, I will like to know your religion, Christian or Muslim?
castrol180:

Who is this one blabbing and yabbing everybody including the moderator that push this to the front page? Do you know more than the Bible itself or the op?
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

One thing I am very sure of is that,
The bible discouraged inter-tribal marriages.

GENESIS 24: 1-6

. 2 One day Abraham said to his oldest servant, the man in charge of his household, “Take an oath by putting your hand under my thigh. 3 Swear by the Lord, the God of heaven and earth, that you will not allow my son to marry one of these local Canaanite women. 4 Go instead to my homeland, to my relatives, and find a wife there for my son Isaac.”

GENESIS 28

28 Isaac called Jacob and blessed him and commanded him, You must not marry a Canaanite woman. 2 Go to the house of Bethuel, your mother’s father, in Northwest Mesopotamia. Laban, your mother’s brother, lives there. Marry one of his daughters.

MORAL
It is biblical;
Marry only from your tribe.
Taahh.......so Beccause Abraham told his son to marry From his homeland it means God has discouraged inter tribal marriage,bro dont misinterpret the Bible.

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by rhektor(m): 7:52am On Oct 22, 2017
How many times will all these jobless mods push this trash to fp? I have always, maintained that Nairaland is am anti-christian forum even Seun has always been silent about it. He will claim to be an enlightened atheist with open mind yet he and his fellow atheist atheists here will only promote anti-christian and anti-Jewish writeups
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:56am On Oct 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe always on point like decimal
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Jesuschrist419: 7:58am On Oct 22, 2017
rhektor:
How many times will all these jobless mods push this trash to fp? I have always, maintained that Nairaland is am anti-christian forum even Seun has always been silent about it. He will claim to be an enlightened atheist with open mind yet he and his fellow atheist atheists here will only promote anti-christian and anti-Jewish writeups
what do you expect from seun the atheist?
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Kaygee10: 8:16am On Oct 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by oyeezah(f): 8:19am On Oct 22, 2017
amnesty7:
No be small thing.
So number 2. is what authorises them to have premarital sex? 'Know' her but pay her dowry afterwards .
it talked about rape...if a man raped a virgin who was not betrothed, he was to pay her bride price and marry her. Read from the beginning of the chapter
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by oyeezah(f): 8:21am On Oct 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

OP is mocking Christianity and the Bible...
I for one will not be party to that fvckery.
With that said,

. 2 One day Abraham said to his oldest servant, the man in charge of his household, “Take an oath by putting your hand under my thigh. 3 Swear by the Lord, the God of heaven and earth, that you will not allow my son to marry one of these local Canaanite women. 4 Go instead to my homeland, to my relatives, and find a wife there for my son Isaac.”

GENESIS 28

28 Isaac called Jacob and blessed him and commanded him, You must not marry a Canaanite woman. 2 Go to the house of Bethuel, your mother’s father, in Northwest Mesopotamia. Laban, your mother’s brother, lives there. Marry one of his daughters.

MORAL
It is biblical;
PLEASE!!!
not inter-tribal marriage but marrying from another religion. the Canaanites were idolaters
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by maxdosh(m): 8:22am On Oct 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

OP is mocking Christianity and the Bible...
I for one will not be party to that fvckery.
With that said,

GENESIS 28

MORAL
It is biblical;
PLEASE!!!

Racist
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by rhektor(m): 8:28am On Oct 22, 2017
Jesuschrist419:
what do you expect from seun the atheist?

I have never expected anything sane from atheist and atheism the worst set of human are those without God.

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by HegenIkomkeh(m): 8:29am On Oct 22, 2017
Kingsley1000:
religion is a scam
You're very correct about this statement but then Christianity isn't a religion.Christianity is Jesus Christ and faith in him.There's a big difference between Christianity and religion.Simple as abc.
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by oyeezah(f): 8:29am On Oct 22, 2017
I'm sure the OP did not read the conditions that led to these marriages
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by d33types: 8:47am On Oct 22, 2017
amnesty7:

You mean it was recorded just for fun?
Phaysal:
I heard someone wrote that the fact that it existed in the Bible doesn't mean it was encouraged.. brother if it wasn't encouraged, why was it there at the first place? The Bible was meant to be a guide for the Christians. Does that mean Christians should select potions of the Bible they should believe in and discard the rest ? Can you now boldly say now that THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD ?

The bible is provided for lessons, instructions, correcting, educating, for reproving.
Only a daft will take a portion meant for correction and turn it to direct instruction.

Somebody made an error and was punished,then because it was in the bible,you go and make such error again?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 12 Offences Christians Commit In Church / Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? / Don Moen, Uma Ukpai, Umahi At Akwa Ibom December Prayer Meeting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.