Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,129 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible (20265 Views)

Abel Damina: Breast, Yansh, Brain, Good Cook Do Not Make You A Wife Material But / 16 Ways To Find A Wife According To The Holy Bible / 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by crunchyg: 7:06am On Oct 22, 2017
1) Find an attractive prisoner of war, bring her home, shave her head, trim her nails, and give her new clothes. Then she’s yours. (Deut. 21:11-13)

2) “Lay hold on” a virgin who is not betrothed to another man, and "know" her, but afterwards pay her father a sum of money. Then she’s yours. (Deut. 22:28-29)

3) Find a prostitute and marry her. (Hosea 1:1-3)

4) Find a man with seven daughters, and impress him by watering his flock.--Moses (Ex. 2:16-21)

5) Purchase a piece of property, and get a woman as part of the deal.--Boaz (Ruth 4:5-10)

6) Go to a party and hide. When the women come out to dance, grab one and carry her off to be your wife.--Benjaminites (Judges 21:19-25)

7) Have God create a wife for you while you sleep. Note: this will cost you a rib.--Adam (Gen. 2:19-24)

Agree to work seven years in exchange for a woman’s hand in marriage. Get tricked into marrying the wrong woman. Then work another seven years for the woman you wanted to marry in the first place. That’s right. Fourteen years of toil for a wife.--Jacob (Gen. 29:15-30)

9) Cut 200 foreskins off of your future father-in-law’s enemies and get his daughter for a wife.--David (1 Sam. 18:27)

10) Even if no one is out there, just wander around a bit and you’ll definitely find someone.--Cain (Gen. 4:16-17)

11) Become the emperor of a huge nation and hold a beauty contest.--Xerxes or Ahasuerus (Esther 2:3-4)

12) When you see someone you like, go home and tell your parents, “I have seen a woman; now get her for me.” If your parents question your decision, simply say, “Get her for me. She’s the one for me.”--Samson (Judges 14:1-3)

13) Kill any husband and take HIS wife. (Prepare to lose four sons though.)--David (2 Sam. 11)

14) Wait for your brother to die. Take his widow. (It’s not just a good idea, it’s the law!)--Onan and Boaz (Deut. or Lev., example in Ruth)

15) A wife?--Paul (1st Corinthians, chapter 7)
Obviously, this list was written with humor in mind, and some of these "ways," are not prescriptive but descriptive of the sinful ways that God's people have conducted themselves in the past--they are in no way exemplary. But this does demonstrate an important point--people often want the Bible to say certain things, such as how to find a spouse and marry, but they ignore portions of Scripture that don't fit their paradigm. The Bible has more to say about arranged marriages, for example, than it does "courtship" or dating. So then, how do we proceed?

We have to realize that the Bible does not speak to every issue we will face in life. Just ask Solomon, who had to use wisdom when the two prostitutes came to him claiming to both be the mother of one child. We must follow those things that God has given us. In all of our relationships we have the obligation to exercise the fruit of the Spirit and not mistreat anyone, that is especially true for a prospective spouse. We also have the clear biblical command that a Christian is free to marry whomever he or she chooses, so long as the prospective mate is "in the Lord" (1 Cor. 7.39). But in the end, choosing a spouse calls for wisdom

32 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by crunchyg: 7:07am On Oct 22, 2017
Don't allow the devil rob you of your blessing today, make sure u go to church today

6 Likes

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by amnesty7: 7:19am On Oct 22, 2017
No be small thing.
So number 2. is what authorises them to have premarital sex? 'Know' her but pay her dowry afterwards .

8 Likes

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by veekid(m): 7:26am On Oct 22, 2017
And how many ways are der in the Bible to fúck them?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Atlantia(f): 7:26am On Oct 22, 2017
This again?! undecided

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Edoi(m): 7:27am On Oct 22, 2017
wink
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Kingsley1000(m): 7:28am On Oct 22, 2017
religion is a scam

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by hopefulLandlord: 7:28am On Oct 22, 2017
Same content hit front-page on September 03, 2017 www.nairaland.com/4031006/16-ways-choose-wife-according

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by NwaAmaikpe: 7:28am On Oct 22, 2017
shocked

OP is mocking Christianity and the Bible...
I for one will not be party to that fvckery.
With that said,
One thing I am very sure of is that,
The bible discouraged inter-tribal marriages.

GENESIS 24: 1-6

. 2 One day Abraham said to his oldest servant, the man in charge of his household, “Take an oath by putting your hand under my thigh. 3 Swear by the Lord, the God of heaven and earth, that you will not allow my son to marry one of these local Canaanite women. 4 Go instead to my homeland, to my relatives, and find a wife there for my son Isaac.”

GENESIS 28

28 Isaac called Jacob and blessed him and commanded him, You must not marry a Canaanite woman. 2 Go to the house of Bethuel, your mother’s father, in Northwest Mesopotamia. Laban, your mother’s brother, lives there. Marry one of his daughters.

MORAL
It is biblical;
Marry only from your tribe.
PLEASE!!!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by isbish(m): 7:29am On Oct 22, 2017
Awkward! undecided
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 22, 2017
Not easy at all
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 22, 2017
LMAO Kill any husband and take HIS wife. (Prepare to lose four sons though.)

3 Likes

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by tayorh(m): 7:29am On Oct 22, 2017
Lol, this is serious
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by IMASTEX: 7:29am On Oct 22, 2017
Okay
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by d33types: 7:30am On Oct 22, 2017
One of the most stupid posts on Nairaland.
Fine, the lesson is in the last paragraph,but unfortunately most Nairalanders aren't good readers to decipher your points

It was done in the bible doesn't mean it was encouraged to be done.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by CzarChris(m): 7:30am On Oct 22, 2017
Interesting read, but the way you put it down, wasn't really nice. Yeah I get the joke, but try and be a bit more reasonable and sensitive when you are trying to make a joke like this. It's open to any type of interpretation, just saying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Femich18(m): 7:30am On Oct 22, 2017
Lol....Nothing wey person no go hear from fellow Nigerians
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Promismike(m): 7:30am On Oct 22, 2017
You are making mockery of Christianity. May God have mercy on soul.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by mazimee(m): 7:31am On Oct 22, 2017
Seun and his mods are bais. We all know that this OP is obviously a non Christian, but he Created this thread to mock Christianity.

The mod that pushed this to Front page, enjoy your mockery

6 Likes

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 22, 2017
I am proud to say that the op and mod that brought this to front page is a big gigantic fool (this is probably a compliment. If you have to post the scriptural reference then you will do well to post the full story so readers could have more insight and knowledge. do not ridicule others religion

Augustap

7 Likes

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by twentyk(m): 7:31am On Oct 22, 2017
2 though....
No 13 kill the husband and and carry the wife... Omo na world wife war be that....savage....

The most hilarious gotta be No6...
Imagine nairaland end of year party and all them Nl babes they dance...na kidnapping spree for the guys oooo....

1 Like

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by SunFlow(m): 7:32am On Oct 22, 2017
Wow... Thanks blother

Meanwhile, happy Sunday all
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by raymytech: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2017
Make I use Samson style
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by YungJo207(m): 7:32am On Oct 22, 2017
undecided in other words I should be like David? Op shey you remember what God did to David in as much as he was close to God heart?? Now I know bad people aka no good advise.

I no call anybody name Sha
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by 3RNEST(m): 7:32am On Oct 22, 2017
shocked shocked
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Saverin: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2017
don't expect less from book written by cave men 3000yrs called the "word of God".

Can't God communicate to us all directly?
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by donjosh47: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2017
observing
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Revolva(m): 7:32am On Oct 22, 2017
i like number 3
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by amnesty7: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2017
d33types:
One of the most stupid posts on Nairaland.
Fine, the lesson is in the last paragraph,but unfortunately most Nairalanders aren't good readers to decipher your points

It was done in the bible doesn't mean it was encouraged

You mean it was recorded just for fun?

2 Likes

Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2017
Atlantia:
This again?! undecided

olosho
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by policy12: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2017
..A thread was opened by one Kojinus that we christian should expect anti-Christian thread been today is sunday, but I never take him serious until I see this thread.

Please see the thread kojinus opened ystaday below..

https://www.nairaland.com/4130698/await-tomorrows-anti-christian-threads/1#61648978
Re: 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible by jefcee: 7:33am On Oct 22, 2017
Casteilla Private Limited

How to get your books published, promoted and translated?
Casteilla.in:
The best website to publish your e-book is Casteilla.in, because along with e-publishing, you can also get free social media marketing and affordable translation for your e-books. Through Casteilla® You could publish your e-book in numerous e-publishing websites in a go. They have partnered with several international and national e-publishers, along with their own e-book store(work in progress). Following are the things that you have to do:
Publishing:
1. Get your manuscript ready in word or PDF format
2. Make sure you have the right to publish the book and there is no one else who would claim rights for the same
3. Contents of your book should not be present anywhere else in the internet and your books should pass plagiarism check
4. Send your manuscript to books@casteilla.in. Your manuscript will be checked for the above criteria and then be published in several international and Indian websites along with their own e-book store. Your book will be published with “Print on Demand” in websites that allow this option.
5. Once the checking process is done, you will receive a mail asking for some basic details and banking details for crediting your royalties for every book sold. Fill those details and reply back.
6. Once a copy of your book gets sold, it would be updated and 70% of the royalty amount received from other websites and 90% of the amount at which your book is sold in Casteilla book store would be credited to you every month.
Promotion:
1. All your e-books will be promoted in social media for free. If you require more advertisement through blogs or newspaper advertisements, mention “E-book promotion details” in the subject line and send an email to with your message to books@casteilla.in . You would get assistance on the payment details for such promotions. Make the necessary payment and publish your advertisements.
Translation:
1. Casteilla® provides one of the most affordable translation services for e-books. If you need to get your e-books translated, send a small sample of 100 words to books@casteilla.in and mention “E-book translation details” in the subject line. Once the translators send their sample translation, you could check the quality of their translation. Once if you are satisfied with the sample, you have to pay half the charges required for translating the book to Casteilla Private Limited (Through electronic bank transfer for Indian languages, and paypal for foreign language translations). You could pay the remaining amount after translation of the book is completed and you have checked the file for possible errors. Once you get the completed translation you could pay the remaining amount.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Enoch Adeboye Is 81-Years-Old Today / Why Can't Pastor E.adeboye, Chris Oyakhilome, T.b Joshua Pray And Heal Yaradua. / Did God Create Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.