Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,155 members, 7,829,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party (1372 Views)

Stolen Logo: “APC Is Frustrated” - APDA Youths / Photos From The Launching Of Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA) / Raymond Dokpesi Unveils APDA Party (Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by ibibiofirstlady(f): 12:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
The stage is set for youths of the Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA) to dump the party.

An investigation by Swift Reporters revealed that the Youths of the party have been on a cold war with the Muhammed Shitu led NWC over what they describe as lack of seriousness and incompetence of the party leadership.

Our investigation revealed that the disaffection of the Youths under the umbrella of APDA Youth Frontier (APDAYF) climaxed shortly before the unveiling of the Ekiti state chapter of the party on August 5.

According to our findings, the leader of the youths, Comrade Inioribo Tamunotonye had at different times met with the party's National Chairman, Muhammed Shitu, Deputy National Chairman, Dr Mahe Denge, National Secretary, Dr Emeka and some other members of the party leadership to intimate them of the plans of the youths to mobilise and grace the occasion. The Youth National Coordinator had during the meetings demanded for logistics from the National Chairman to convey youth leaders from different section of the country for the event and was given a positive response. Trouble however began when the Chairman failed to honor his promise. This forced the youth leaders to abandon the trip, while the leader made it on his own bill.

Angered by what transpired, the National Coordinator upon informing some members of the Executive of the Youth Wing, withdrew from actively participating in party activities.

Our investigation also revealed that during the factionalisation crisis of the party where the Shitu and Mainasara Illo factions claimed legitimate party leadership, the youths of the party neither took sides nor commented on the crises. The only statement they made about the crises was that they weren't part of the legal tussle that was going on as at then. The statement was jointly signed by the National Coordinator, Inioribo Tamunotonye and National Secretary, Abdullahi Mohammed.

Further investigation revealed that the Ekiti event was just the icing on the cake. The youths anger was also connected with the party refusal to implement a program of action by the Youths which was submitted to the party's National Secretary, Dr Emeka and National Legal Adviser, Augusta Eradiri.

When asked, a member of the National Executive Committee of APDAYF who doesn't want to be named stated that, "the lack of seriousness, gross incompetence and non commitment of the party caused the National Coordinator and members of the NEC to institute a committee to chart the way forward for the youths of the party". When asked the next step for the party youths, the member refused to comment.

In similar vain, another member of the APDAYF NEC, Comrade Desmond Tutu Clark, who is the Deputy National Coordinator (South), confirmed the dissatisfaction of the youths of the party but declined to state the next move.

However, the Strategy And Mobilisation Secretary, Comrade Temitope Owa spared no word by stating that the party failed the youths. 

According to Comrade Owa, "the youths of this party invested a lot to the party because we believe in her documented vision. A lot of us were comfortable in our former party and despite several overtures, we refused to dump this party. This is a party that the Youth Wing made prominent in the heart of Nigerians. I can say without apology that the buzz enjoyed by the party in its formation was 80% due to the aggressive but focused activities of the youths. It is a shame that lack of vision on the part of the leaders of the party has eroded the goodwill we laboured to bring to this party".

"I can't confirm our next move but every option is on the table. The interest of Nigeria youths will be factored in whatever step we take", Owa stated.

When contacted, the National Vice Coordinator (Southwest), Deji Ogundipe, his Deputy Oluwaseyi Akanni Azeez, the National Vice Coordinator (Southeast), Anthony Muna, National Vice Coordinator (Southsouth), Simeon Iyoha and other ranking members of the Youth Wing equally flays the party's leadership for its irresponsible attitude.

Also contacted is Comrade Sam-Najuma Awudu, the Youths National Financial Secretary. He stated that the youths are united and shall never succumb to deliberate irresponsible act of APDA leadership to stall the advancement of the Youths.

Several calls to the phone line of the youth's National Coordinator, Inioribo Tamunotonye was unanswered neither was text and Whatsapp messages sent to his phone were responded. Checks on his social media handles also didn't give a clue.

Our findings showed that selected members have been holding talk with representatives of different political parties including All Progressive Congress (APC), Action Democratic Party(ADP), Green Party of Nigeria(GPN), Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) and All Progressive Grand Alliance(APGA).

It is however unclear as to whether APDA Youth members will return to their former party (PDP), ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) or any of the other parties.
http://swiftreporters.com/exclusive-apda-youths-set-to-dump-party/
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by ibibiofirstlady(f): 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
Like seriously? where is tonyebarcanista? he should come tell us his own side of the story. after reading this I give up on politicians
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Atiku2019: 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nigeria Youths Stand With Atiku cool

APDA Youths Stand With Atiku wink

Tonyebarcanista we need your support too ;

God Bless Atiku cool

God Bless Nigeria
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Penaldo: 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
all politicians, parties, old or young, opposition or ruling etc are the same
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Penaldo: 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
Atiku2019:
Nigeria Youths Stand With Atiku cool

APDA Youths Stand With Atiku wink

Tonyebarcanista we need your support too ;

God Bless Atiku cool

God Bless Nigeria
you people should support youth party
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by omenka(m): 12:45pm On Oct 22, 2017
Barcanista go suffer today. cheesy cheesy
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Penaldo: 12:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
omenka:
Barcanista go suffer today. cheesy cheesy
me sef don begin pity the guy d way dem de bash am. the guy sef na stubborn pikin
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Agentsmith002: 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
where is tonye the cursed soul from ijaw?
that guy needs help
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Nebuzaradan: 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
sometimes i have to pity my boy TonyeBarcanista
grin

TonyeBarcanista how far dey no reimburse una after all the suffering
dokpesi na wa for you oooo

well it's a win win for TonyeBarcanista
he can rebuild this party from scratch and become chairman then he'll dethrone apc come 2019
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Penaldo: 1:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nebuzaradan:
sometimes i have to pity my boy TonyeBarcanista
grin

TonyeBarcanista how far dey no reimburse una after all the suffering
dokpesi na wa for you oooo

well it's a win win for TonyeBarcanista
he can rebuild this party from scratch and become chairman then he'll dethrone apc come 2019
National Chairman? cheesy

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by tutudesz: 1:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
@Tonyebarcanista don't give up O! whether APC or PDP would be happy to have you and other youths join them. @Atiku2019 and @Omenka see your opportunity to grab APDA youths
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Oloripelebe: 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
Comrade Inioribo Tamunotonye grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by tutudesz: 1:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
Penaldo:
you people should support youth party
Youth party? With that old man has the chairman!
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Oloripelebe: 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
Comrade Inioribo Tamunotonye grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Penaldo: 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
tutudesz:

Youth party? With that old man has the chairman!
I give up on Nigeria politicians
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Nebuzaradan: 1:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
Penaldo:

National Chairman? cheesy
yes
it's an opportunity for him
seriously
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Nebuzaradan: 1:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
Oloripelebe:
Comrade Inioribo Tamunotonye grin grin grin grin
lol
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by tutudesz: 1:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
Penaldo:
I give up on Nigeria politicians
Nigerian political class are scammers! They have no respect for youths and the ones they respect are the big men kids or the ones with money.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by DrGoodman: 1:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
TonyeBarcanista is back to PDP since yesterday grin
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Penaldo: 1:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nebuzaradan:
yes
it's an opportunity for him
seriously
You didn't read the article? it says the National Chairman did not keep to agreement he had with the youths.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Penaldo: 1:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
tutudesz:

Nigerian political class are scammers! They have no respect for youths and the ones they respect are the big men kids or the ones with money.
The youths themselves are not different. are they?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Nebuzaradan: 1:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
Penaldo:
You didn't read the article? it says the National Chairman did not keep to agreement he had with the youths.
Tonye can sack the damn chairman
APDA is TonyeBarcanista and TonyeBarcanista is APDA
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Penaldo: 1:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nebuzaradan:
Tonye can sack the damn chairman APDA is TonyeBarcanista and TonyeBarcanista is APDA
I give up bro

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by tutudesz: 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
Penaldo:
The youths themselves are not different. are they?
Sadly No!! But politicians should learn to respect Youths, just imagine the so-called youth party of Nigeria having an old man has chairman for 2 years, just because he registered the party
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Penaldo: 1:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
tutudesz:

Sadly No!! But politicians should learn to respect Youths, just imagine the so-called youth party of Nigeria having an old man has chairman for 2 years, just because he registered the party
which party is that
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by dejiogundipe(m): 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
DrGoodman:
TonyeBarcanista is back to PDP since yesterday grin

Spokesman to TonyeBarcanista, Na him tell u liked that?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by DrGoodman: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
dejiogundipe:

Spokesman to TonyeBarcanista, Na him tell u liked that?

The guy is as unstable as Nigerian electricity, TonyeBarcanista can flip to three parties in one month, most greedy fellow I ever met grin
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by tutudesz: 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
Penaldo:
which party is that
Young Democratic Party of Nigeria YDP
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Penaldo: 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
DrGoodman:

The guy is as unstable as Nigerian electricity, TonyeBarcanista can flip to three parties in one month, most greedy fellow I ever met grin
Maybe 3 parties take him in one month because he has something to offer. Even IBRA has changed clubs more than any living player.

When you are a material of value people rush to have you.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by Penaldo: 1:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
tutudesz:

Young Democratic Party of Nigeria YDP
Does that party exist in real life?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by tutudesz: 1:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
DrGoodman:

Greedy? moving to different party doesn't translate to greediness or does it? I was a PDP, LP and APC members because of certain issues with some persons at the state and local level. Does that make me greedy?

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: APDA Youths Set To Dump Party by tutudesz: 1:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
Penaldo:
Does that party exist in real life?
When they started yes, but now i cant say, After all we have almost 35 political party in Nigeria presently.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lanre Olaoluwa, AMCON's RM Uses Touts To Harass Residents At Victory Park Estate / Check Out The Way Sam Egwu Was Looking At Buhari / The Disgraceful End Of Victor Banjo( I Look After My Own - Ojukwu)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.