Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

What You Need To Know About Staphylococcus - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What You Need To Know About Staphylococcus (6049 Views)

Help!! I Ve Got STAPHYLOCOCCUS For Two Years And Few Months Now.am Jst Confused. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Staphylococcus by hope4hiv: 10:19pm On Mar 14, 2010
Everything you need to know about Staphylococcus.I am using this topic to create a comprehensive awareness about Staphylococcus because the number of staphylococcus cases is quite getting alarming and less campaign and awareness is created,it is sad to see great numbers of people tested as having heavy and moderate growth of staphylococcus bacteria in their blood after Blood Culture test at Diagnostics centres and medical laboratory,A medical doctor recently told me the staphylococcus patients he received in his hospital daily is getting higher and higher everyday while some of the patient cases are very complicated,many are dying day by day as a results of staphylococcus infection and many are still battling with it with seriouse and debilitating experiences ,Prevention is always better than cure ,education and information is power ,relax and painstakingly read through this info it will go a long way to save you.from a life claiming staph.

It is a wrong notion that Staphylococcus is only an STD,

What is a Staph/MRSA (methicilin resistant staphylococcus aureus skin infection? staph is a bacteria that can enter the wound and cause infections, which can lead to other health problemsIt can be a pimple, rash, boil, or an open wound.Staph/MRSA is often misdiagnosed as spider bites. Staph bacteria are commonly found on the skin of healthy persons. Staph/MRSA infections often begin with an injury to the skin. Symptoms of a Staph infection include redness, warmth, swelling, tenderness of the skin, and boils or blisters. Sometimes it does not cause any problems; sometimes it causes minor infections, such as pimples or boils. If left untreated, it can cause serious skin infections or worse. How do Staph skin infections spread? Staph/MRSA lives on skin and survives on objects for 24 hours or more.
The cleanest person can get a Staph/MRSA infection. Antibiotic- resistant Staph/MRSA skin infections are found in places where there are crowds of people (schools, jails, gyms). Staph/ MRSA can rub off the skin of an infected person onto the skin of another person during skin to skin contact. Or, the Staph can come off of the infected skin of a person onto a shared object or surface, and get onto the skin of the next person who uses it. Examples of commonly shared objects include towels, soap, benches in hot tubs, and athletic equipment—in other words, anything that could have touched the skin of a Staph infected person can carry the bacteria to the skin of another person.

What You Need to Know About Staph/MRSA Skin Infections

How can I prevent myself or my family members from getting infected? Wash your hands with soap and warm water. Keep cuts and scrapes clean with soap and water. Avoid skin contact and sharing personal items with anyone you suspect could have a Staph skin infection. When using protective gloves to treat infected area, remove and dispose of properly; wash your hands with soap and water after removing them. Do not share personal items with other persons who might have skin infections.
What should I do if I think I have a skin infection? Consult your doctor or healthcare provider.

If you think that you have a skin infection, consult your doctor or healthcare provider as soon as possible. Early treatment can help prevent the infection from getting worse. Be sure to follow directions from your doctor or healthcare provider closely, even when you start to feel better. Not taking all of your pills leads to stronger, antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
If my doctor or healthcare provider has told me that I have a Staph/MRSA skin infection, what can I do to keep others from getting infected? Clean your bandages, your hands, and your home. Keep the infected area covered with clean, dry bandages. Pus from infected wound is very infectious. Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water, especially after changing your bandages or touching the infected skin.
Regularly clean your bathroom, kitchen, and all other rooms, as well as your personal items. Wash clothes and other items that become soiled with hot water or bleach, when possible. Drying clothes in a hot dryer, rather than air-drying, also helps kill bacteria in clothes.

How do i know if i have staph? Go to a medical laboratory for a blood culture test.

more info
What Are Staph Infections?
Staph infections are caused by the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus, which many healthy people carry on their skin and in their noses without getting sick. But when skin is punctured or broken, staph bacteria can enter the wound and cause infections, which can lead to other health problems.

You can help prevent staph infections in your family by encouraging regular hand washing and daily bathing, and by keeping areas that have been cut clean or covered.

How Staph Infections Spread
Staph bacteria can spread through the air, on contaminated surfaces, and from person to person. Kids can carry staph bacteria from one area of their body to another — or pass it to other people — via dirty hands or fingernails. So good hand washing is vital to preventing staph infections.

It's also important to encourage kids to keep their skin clean with a daily bath or shower. If your child has a skin condition such as eczema that makes frequent bathing difficult, ask your doctor for advice.
Keep areas of skin that have been injured — such as cuts, scrapes, and rashes caused by allergic reactions or poison ivy — clean and covered, and follow any directions given by your doctor.
why is staph dangerouse? It is dangerouse and deadly because it can lead to death especially when it becomes MRSA , it can cause bone inflamation ,endocartitis,pneumonia etc.

(1) (Reply)

Real Life Fallen Angel Has Fallen From The Sky In London. Is This The End Of Th / Every Disappointment Really A Blessing In Disguise? / Yahoo Boy Runs Mad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.