Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,533 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) (48493 Views)

How Close To The Fence Can I Plant My Orange Tree / Buy Your Dwarf Seedling Orange,lemon,mango,cashew, Pawpaw,ogbono,palm,bittercola / I Have 2million To Invest Into Agriculture, Please What Sector Bears Less Risk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by kingofthemall: 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2017
This can only be as a result of one thing only... Grafting : combining the two stems together when it was planted. So,it is possible.

1 Like

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by IkpuMmadu: 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2017
modelmike7:
THE END HAS COME.

Is it your end ?

Simple grafting

1 Like

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by nwabobo: 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2017
Aminat508:

Source: http://www.amiloaded.com/2017/10/mystery-as-orange-tree-bears-tangerines.html

Did you guys not study "grafting" in primary school Agric science? SMH

2 Likes

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by 4gunners(m): 8:34pm On Oct 23, 2017
nobleblood:
Science people over to you.

Pull out one of those fancy names out from your rare that always make us look dumb and you smart.

Oya..
funny dude
Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by stasius: 8:35pm On Oct 23, 2017
Heeeeeee!

Its a pity!

Some people didnt do agricultural science well in secondary school.
This is called grafting. The tangerine was grafted onto the orange tree and that is the result.

2 Likes

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by Truthisit: 8:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
When you Agric teacher taught you grafting, you were busy looking outside of the classroom and to read at home was herculean task for you. Little things and you are crying end time. O maa see
modelmike7:
THE END HAS COME.

3 Likes

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by Opinionated: 8:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
kay29000:
Tangerine and Orange are both Citrus fruits...someone could have grafted a branch from a tangerine tree to the orange tree. But this reminds me of one of my hens that suddenly started developing cock features...it now looks exactly like a cock, but still lays eggs.

Where are the pictures now?
Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by Dandeedadrunk(m): 8:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
Aminat508:
go jooo! My FTC you took it embarassed

So u too dey fight for FTC...Aminat com and marry me now...biko
Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by Pat081: 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2017
Op I base in osun state my own question is dis since how many yrs d tree hv b dia ?is dis d 1st
Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by santicruz: 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
Its called grafting haba

1 Like

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by hnworisa(m): 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
Friedyokes:
So "God" made an orange tree produce tangerines because??... Something that could easily be explained by science (grafting) ...we are finding the spiritual aspects of it??...we are intelligent people let's not attach religion and spirituality to everything....because that is what we usually we do....and look at us...we're lagging
This guy go school

1 Like

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by apharm(m): 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
This is grafting in Agriculture. I have such tree in my place. Anyway, people can be very ignorant and attribute everything to miracles
Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by skedman(m): 8:45pm On Oct 23, 2017
The orange tree was raped by tangerlooo from the root.

1 Like

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 8:45pm On Oct 23, 2017
Those of us who are reall farmers understand and see no mystery. The gullible are quick to start calling Allah and Jesus

1 Like

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by Aminat508(f): 8:45pm On Oct 23, 2017
stasius:
Heeeeeee!

Its a pity!

Some people didnt do agricultural science well in secondary school.
This is called grafting. The tangerine was grafted onto the orange tree and that is the result.
Do you all really Knw what its called a NEWS? Even if you Knw the truth, you pass it across to pple that doesn't even Knw anything about it! Choose/read yours and leave it to others... Dont judge a news from your angel alone, others Dont Knw half of what you are aware of.
Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by kadree(m): 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
Grafting.

1 Like

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by Alal(m): 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
Did anyone do agricultural science in the secondary school,there is what is called BUDDING, this is what's going on
Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by 12345baba(m): 8:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
Yoruba demons

1 Like

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 8:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
Stanley1155:
THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR CHILD IS TO MAKE SURE HE/SHE IS EDUCATED so dat they will be ignorant of few things
The purpose of education is not to acquire knowledge but to learn how to think and ask questions .No one can know everything the difference is educated people do not have God as a default. "knowledge" may change in the light of new information but the thinking ability is what should remain constant.

Our people do not like thinking

3 Likes

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by bizguru000: 8:51pm On Oct 23, 2017
Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 8:52pm On Oct 23, 2017
kingofthemall:
This can only be as a result of one thing only... Grafting : combining the two stems together when it was planted. So,it is possible.
What is wrong with this this sentence.?? It shows a non-thinker. A dogmatist
Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by Adaumunocha(f): 8:53pm On Oct 23, 2017
I doubt the Most high God has time for these petty things!
Seems many people skipped Agric class.

2 Likes

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 8:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
There is nothing wrong with not knowing .The wisest people generally know the least .
What is important is knowing what questions to ask.In short how to think

1 Like

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by morereb10: 8:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
smh

whats the difference?
Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by BalogunIdowu(m): 8:57pm On Oct 23, 2017
This could have been grafting...getting the stock and scion of the different trees together
Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by kingjomezy(m): 9:02pm On Oct 23, 2017
HPS3:
Never heard about this before can you explain more.

You No do agric
Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by tooth4tooth: 9:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
HPS3:
Never heard about this before can you explain more.
hajlat2 is right . There is no miracle there . It is a simple grafting in agriculture.

The method is simple. Get a very young orange plant with more than one stem. Carefully cut off one of the stems with a very sharp knife, throw the stem away . Then get another young tagerine plant about the same size, carefully cut the tangerine the way you cut the orange. Then take the tangering stem to the orange plant and tie the tangerine stem to the orange plant ,fix them together with a piece of rope mostly made from rags.

After few days, the tangerine stem will become attached to the orange and grow together. When they become mature and start to bear fruits, the tangerine stem only bear tangerine fruits and the orange stem bear orange fruits

2 Likes

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by kolexy(m): 9:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
Aminat508:

Source: http://www.amiloaded.com/2017/10/mystery-as-orange-tree-bears-tangerines.html

This is embarrassing, I'm ashamed of these Osun people. Something my Father had 30 years ago. Simple budding that I learnt in my Junior secondary days. What is wrong with Yoruba people?

2 Likes

Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by blaze612(m): 9:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
Simple grafting that somebody tagged a miracle! this things where taught in agricultural science in JSS class.
We get this type of tree for village Orange+Lime+ Tangerines grafted together by "granpa" and a "young man" is making a big deal out of grafting!
Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by kolexy(m): 9:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
tooth4tooth:
hajlat2 is right . There is no miracle there . It is a simple grafting in agriculture.

The method is simple. Get a very young orange plant with more than one stem. Carefully cut off one of the stems with a very sharp knife, throw the stem away . Then get another young tagering plant about the same size, carefully cut the tangering the way you cut the orange. Then take the tangering stem to the orange plant and tie the tangering stem to the orange plant ,fix them together with a piece of rope mostly made from rags.

After few days, the tangering stem will become attached to the orange and grow together. When they become mature and start to bear fruits, the tangering stem only bears tangering fruit and the orange stem bears orange

God bless you. This post is embarrassing
Re: Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) by Tecno66: 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work / Just Your Interest, Not About Ur Money,join Our Agriculture Team Now! / List Of Lucrative Farming Businesses To Venture Into In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.