Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible (2216 Views)

Atheist, Agnostic, Deist, And Theist. Basic Things In Understanding Them / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 7:08pm On Oct 24, 2017
1.King James Version.
2.New King James Version.
3.New Living Translation.
4.New International Version.
5.English Standard Version.
6.Christian Standard Bible.
7.New American
Standard Bible.
8.New English Translation.
9.Revised Standard Version.
10.American Standard Version.
11.Young's Literal Translation.
12.Darby Translation.
13.Webster's Bible.
14.Hebrew Names Version.
15.Reina-Valera 1960.
16.Latin Vulgate.
17.Westminster Leningrad Codex.
18.Septuagint.
19.Morphological Greek New Testament.
20.Textus Receptus.
www.blueletterbible.com
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 7:44pm On Oct 24, 2017
Try God's words in different explanations for a better application! NB*You can also add yours thanks.
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by GodsMopol: 8:12pm On Oct 24, 2017
Loooooool, Amplifier Bible

I believe you thought it was there

grin
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by UmarIbnShittu(m): 8:55pm On Oct 24, 2017
hopara1:
1.King James Version.
2.New King James Version.
3.New Living Translation.
4.New International Version.
5.English Standard Version.
6.Christian Standard Bible.
7.New American
Standard Bible.
8.New English Translation.
9.Revised Standard Version.
10.American Standard Version.
11.Young's Literal Translation.
12.Darby Translation.
13.Webster's Bible.
14.Hebrew Names Version.
15.Reina-Valera 1960.
16.Latin Vulgate.
17.Westminster Leningrad Codex.
18.Septuagint.
19.Morphological Greek New Testament.
20.Textus Receptus.
www.blueletterbible.com
this reminded me of my Primary school english text book editions

1 Like

Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by 1Sharon(f): 9:07am On Oct 25, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:

Muhammad wrote the koran. No such thing as divine revelation
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by GodsMopol: 9:21am On Oct 25, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:

Edition are for ease

I was chatting with a friend from America, and he said, my English was bad, I could remember reading one of the books of Shakespeare, I took it because of the popular "have you read Macbeth bla bla bla" guess what, the English was too bad, as their are different types of English, there also need be different versions of English upon which the Bible will be comprehensible to readers

1 Like

Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by GodsMopol: 9:22am On Oct 25, 2017
1Saron:

One like in case you see this

grin

1 Like

Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by UmarIbnShittu(m): 12:07pm On Oct 25, 2017
1Sharon:

Nyc try but Rasuol (SAW)could not read or write

Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by UmarIbnShittu(m): 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2017
GodsMopol:

Edition are for ease

I was chatting with a friend from America, and he said, my English was bad, I could remember reading one of the books of Shakespeare, I took it because of the popular "have you read Macbeth bla bla bla" guess what, the English was too bad, as their are different types of English, there also need be different versions of English upon which the Bible will be comprehensible to readers
tarr na lie ah no gree
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by GodsMopol: 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:

Who's Rasuol??
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by UmarIbnShittu(m): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2017
GodsMopol:

Who's Rasuol??
muhammad (SAW)
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by GodsMopol: 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
muhammad (SAW)

Ok
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by PastorAIO: 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
GodsMopol:

Edition are for ease

UmarIbnShittu:

So many versions of the Quran too. I haven't met a moslem that can read quran in the original 6th century arabic. They all have it translated and read for them and there are very many translations too.

Even amongst the arab speakers it still has to be translated for them to understand because only specially trained scholars can read the medieval arabic in which it was written. Arabic has evolved since then.

1 Like

Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by UmarIbnShittu(m): 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
PastorAIO:

So many versions of the Quran too. I haven't met a moslem that can read quran in the original 6th century arabic. They all have it translated and read for them and there are very many translations too.

Even amongst the arab speakers it still has to be translated for them to understand because only specially trained scholars can read the medieval arabic in which it was written. Arabic has evolved since then.
na big lie
it only translated to different language for understanding for those hu cannot read arabic

And I can read and understand quran with ashkal ie punctuated quran. Nd a little of d one without ashkal (the 6th century quran) and names are also written in that format
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by PastorAIO: 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
na big lie
it only translated to different language for understanding for those hu cannot read arabic

And I can read and understand quran with ashkal ie punctuated quran. Nd a little of d one without ashkal (the 6th century quran) and names are also written in that format

Can read the original quran as written in the 6th century?
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by GodsMopol: 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
PastorAIO:

Amen
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by GodsMopol: 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
na big lie

GodsMopol:

Edition are for ease

Do you believe in destiny, I mean coincidence

grin
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by UmarIbnShittu(m): 4:51pm On Oct 25, 2017
PastorAIO:

Can read the original quran as written in the 6th century?
yes but not fluently
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by UmarIbnShittu(m): 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
GodsMopol:

Do you believe in destiny, I mean coincidence

grin
yes I only believe qadar(destiny) and not in star
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by PastorAIO: 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
yes but not fluently

Similarly, with the required effort most Christians can read the bible in the original Greek and Hebrew with the help of a concordance/dictionary.
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by UmarIbnShittu(m): 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
PastorAIO:

Similarly, with the required effort most Christians can read the bible in the original Greek and Hebrew with the help of a concordance/dictionary.
they are very rare dose that have hebrew Bible and can read it.
in short is d pastor dat can read hebrew self
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by UmarIbnShittu(m): 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
PastorAIO:

Am 18yr old I have graduted quran thrice
First at d age of 7(recitation 30 hifz)
Second at d age 12(recitation 60 hifz) dat wen my friend niknamed me sheks
Third was last year at d age of 17 (memorization 10 hifz)
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by 1Sharon(f): 1:30am On Oct 26, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:

Muhammad compliled the koran

Angel Gabriel never visited him. It's all lies.

Religion is all lies
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by UmarIbnShittu(m): 6:21am On Oct 26, 2017
1Sharon:

Muhammad compliled the koran

Angel Gabriel never visited him. It's all lies.

Religion is all lies
if is Islam is a lie then Christianity is a greater lie
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by 1Sharon(f): 7:12am On Oct 26, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:

I said religion is all lies. That includes Christianity silly.
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 8:19am On Oct 26, 2017
1Sharon:

1Sharon:

1Sharon:

What made you to conclude that!
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 8:33am On Oct 26, 2017
[b][/b]
UmarIbnShittu:
Are you really sure you knows what Christainity stand for?
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by PastorAIO: 8:55am On Oct 26, 2017
hopara1:
[b][/b]Are you really sure you knows what Christainity stand for?

Tithes?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 9:09am On Oct 26, 2017
PastorAIO:

Tithes?
what about tithes
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by PastorAIO: 10:23am On Oct 26, 2017
hopara1:
what about tithes

Sit down there
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 10:32am On Oct 26, 2017
PastorAIO:

Sit down there
Can you be clearer!
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by PastorAIO: 11:18am On Oct 26, 2017
hopara1:
Can you be clearer!

christianity comes in all shapes and sizes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School 05 November, 2017 / Michael Jackson's Spirit World / Justified Interpreatation Of God's Word?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.