Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

The Friendzone - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Friendzone (602 Views)

Friendzone / Friendzone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Friendzone by Queerlyshrewd: 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ryan Reynold defined the term "Friendzone" in the movie 'Just Friends' as "a state where a guy becomes this non-sexual entity in a girl's eyes; like a brother or a lamp". Another person seems to think its an isolated zone;a quarantine.
We all know friendzones are an unmutual 'thingy'; quite unfair actually And the boys are very upset about it.

So what do i think??
Yes i agree... Friendzones are not fair, He wants way more... You dont... But he's a such a great guy; you just cant imagine losing him alltogether.
So you have to keep him some kind of way ,And then he becomes your "friend" or your "bestfriend", Oh thats beautiful but does he want that too

Friendships are nothing if they are not mutual. He's your bestfriend or your friend if it works for both parties... If not, you're being selfish and soon he's going to resent you for it eventually; hes going to get tired of seeing you with other people and of being ur teddy bear.
Can you blame him?? Even lamps get tired too...

Some say "what we have is soo special, i dont want to lose it by getting involved; relationships are shitty..."
See ehn!! If you dont love the guy ehn just tell him; this one is just an excellent compensation; well packaged sympathy.
With that established, I'm going to say this. Relationships are not shitty... You're in a relationship with a shitty person. It's not always true that getting involved ruins things and if you keep nursing that special bud; it ll get ruined eventually.Trust me i know..
So why not take the chance. You can never tell... Your "friend"/"bestfriend" may just be the non-shitty guy, If you disagree, then let him go. Dont keep him in the friendzone prison... At least u love him enough to do so... Right

Ps- this is a unigender article... There's a lot of "he" cos it seems to be a male epidemic...

http://queerlyshrewd..com

(1) (Reply)

Clueless: The Compunction / Alatishe, Story Of A Blind Man / A Visit From The Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.