Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,871 members, 7,810,320 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) (11540 Views)

Female CRUTECH Student Dies 2 Weeks After Matriculation (Photo) / Secondary Students Celebrate Graduation By Carrying Their Colleague Up / CRUTECH Student & Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2017
By Prince Michael Nku Abuo,

The Special Adviser Student Affairs and Youth Mobilization on Tuesday, 24th October, 2017 assured protesting selected students from the Cross River State University of Technology, CRUTECH who went to Governor’s Office to protest over the demise of one of their student and course mate who was electrocuted to death due to PHCN cable.

The protest was led by Tola, Prince Amoony (leader) and Ayiri, Francis Utsu (sub leader) all of the Department of Mechanical Engineering; CRUTECH.

It can be recalled that on October 24, 2017 Brainnews NG reported an incident where a CRUTECH Student, an house wife were Electrocuted to death in Calabar, Cross River. The name of the student who lost his life due to the PHCN electric cable is Inyang David David with Reg. No. 16/MEN/167, the incident occurred at Ada Uko by Inyang, Calabar South L.G.A.

The students appealed for welfare package for the mother of the boy and for his burial as well as calling on the state and federal fire service, PHCN and federal/state government to take measures to prevent future occurance and for prompt emergency response from Fire Service.

It will be recalled that the state government issued a policy statement and directive for houses/buildings built under PHCN cables be demolished but was opposed by some residents. Sen Prof Ben Ayade top most priority is the security and welfare of his citizens and is proactive to ensure lives and properties is safe and necessary intervention provided were necessary.

Source: http://www.brainnewsng.com/electrocution-crutech-students-protest-over-the-death-of-their-colleague-pics

Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2017
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by mikky4764(f): 10:26am On Oct 25, 2017
Make phcn try to dey correct some illegal connections cos they are definitely the cause.of most electrocution. Rip to the one that lost his life.

1 Like

Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by Orobo2Lekpa: 10:38am On Oct 25, 2017
Them go like dog meat for that Crutech well well
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by doctorgold(m): 10:59am On Oct 25, 2017
so 100 level engineering student na him dem don dey tag engr David. like say dem no sabi say this country dey change person destiny.
anyways, RIP to him.
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by Israelfx2(m): 11:38am On Oct 25, 2017
Winter is coming shall

1 Like

Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by Promxy94(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2017
That's Nigeria for you....
Where there is a lackadaisical attitude from the government,until the citizens protest.
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2017
So Painful, Rest in Peace
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by Nawteemaxie(m): 11:41am On Oct 25, 2017
Whom the gods love, die young...
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by KingsleyCEO: 11:41am On Oct 25, 2017
Your life don't matter to your government guy, they kill you in SA what does the government do? grin grin grin
If they kill you here too, no shaking.
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 25, 2017
its a serious matter ooo

Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by CyberGypsyy(m): 11:57am On Oct 25, 2017
UDOKABESTLUV:
So Painful, Rest in Peace
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by enemyofprogress: 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
Promxy94:
That's Nigeria for you....
Where there is a lackadaisical attitude from the government,until the citizens protest.
wetin concern lala for dis matter now?why you dey call him name?
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by lindseykibler(m): 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2017
If I say this phcn people are all animals, no one will believe me. Imagine those Idiot came to where I'm living and we don't owe dis people a dime only for them to climb the pole nd cutted our neighbors light that owes them, the stupid nepa people mistakenly removed neutral and only live life to D wire connecting to our house. Behold in D night when I came back in D night and was sitting at D front balcony of our house with my neighbors upstairs nd dis people flashed there light, seriously what happened that night was tragic cos I've never experienced such in my entire life. Imagine d ground we were standing started shocking us. I taught I was dreaming but d luck we had that was the light didn't stay if not I don't no what I will be saying by now. D next day we went to this guys office at our street and dey directed us to there main branch at ajao on for us to get there and this idiots denied they didn't come to our street. I really weep for this country to be sincere and I thank God those idiots didn't claim my life that day.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by etenyong(m): 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
doctorgold:
so 100 level engineering student na him dem don dey tag engr David. like say dem no sabi say this country dey change person destiny.
anyways, RIP to him.
Is it a must to comment? Where did you see Engr. David mentioned in the report. Fools like you are the one spreading falsehood on Internet. Go back and read properly before commenting again.
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by Alfred200825(m): 1:15pm On Oct 25, 2017
lindseykibler:
If I say this phcn people are all animals, no one will believe me. Imagine those Idiot came to where I'm living and we don't owe dis people a dime only for them to climb the pole nd cutted our neighbors light that owes them, the stupid nepa people mistakenly removed neutral and only live life to D wire connecting to our house. Behold in D night when I came back in D night and was sitting at D front balcony of our house with my neighbors upstairs nd dis people flashed there light, seriously what happened that night was tragic cos I've never experienced such in my entire life. Imagine d ground we were standing started shocking us. I taught I was dreaming but d luck we had that was the light didn't stay if not I don't no what I will be saying by now. D next day we went to this guys office at our street and dey directed us to there main branch at ajao on for us to get there and this idiots denied they didn't come to our street. I really weep for this country to be sincere and I thank God those idiots didn't claim my life that day.

My real niggur, please who taught you English?
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by doctorgold(m): 1:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
etenyong:
Is it a must to comment? Where did you see Engr. David mentioned in the report. Fools like you are the one spreading falsehood on Internet. Go back and read properly before commenting again.

shebi the craze wey dey worry your head no allow you see the pictures well before you opened that your mouth turned shit hole to talk to me about not reading properly. Buffon that you are!
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 25, 2017
doctorgold:

shebi the craze wey dey worry your head no allow you see the pictures well before you opened that your mouth turned shit hole to talk to me about not reading properly. Buffon that you are!
Correct! Giam back
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by etenyong(m): 1:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
doctorgold:

Only a raft and tout like you make necessary comments about someone's death. Wait for the day when a mad man like you will be mock at you when you will die untimely death.
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by doctorgold(m): 1:58pm On Oct 25, 2017
etenyong:

Only a raft and tout like you make necessary comments about someone's death. Wait for the day when a mad man like you will be mock at you when you will die untimely death.

I see your mediocre and worm infested brain won't allow you accept you have erred even after I have pointed out your blindness. people like you don't just know when to stop displaying your foolery. That been said, run along boy. today isn't your day.
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by ogwoliun: 2:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
Alfred200825:

but you understand his write up, english teacher?
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
Alfred200825:

Why not get the message instead of criticizing. Can you write speak and write standard English?
Re: Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) by delugajackson: 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2017
The protest is necessary, as that area has suffered electric sparks that often bring the wires down to the ground. The whole city of Calabar needs re-wiring cause some of the overhead wires have gotten weak over time. Not to talk of the ''cut and join'' jobs the NEPA officials normally do when they come for reconnection.

(1) (Reply)

Unijos Admission: 2nd List! / Free Computer Science Project Topics And Material/download / ASUU Asks FG To Secure UNIJOS Against Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.