Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Writing Java Classes, Using Case Studies - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Writing Java Classes, Using Case Studies (934 Views)

How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming / PHP Workouts-sqlite3 CLASSES (wrapping Or Extending) / Abstract, Interface And Adapter Classes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writing Java Classes, Using Case Studies by gbengaijot(m): 9:10pm On Feb 20, 2007
Ok, After understanding nstance variables, class variables, clas methods, comments, e.t.c and you want to write a class. Is there anyone in the house who can teach writing Java classes using simple case studies to prime our young brains into becoming a matured programmer.

I will appreciate java programmers in the house giving us tutorials on writing Java classes using case studies. SBU career, Mimoh mi, smartsoft, codec and others, where are you?,

Help us out.
Re: Writing Java Classes, Using Case Studies by gbengaijot(m): 10:28pm On Feb 20, 2007
I am waiting for contributions from all quaters ooooo

Where are the programmers in da house
Re: Writing Java Classes, Using Case Studies by gbengaijot(m): 12:13am On Feb 21, 2007
lets assume i want to write a java class which basically reques that a user input words once at a time. Lets say , that if after all the words have been inputted, the user should then enter "£" when the next word is requested. The method should then retun the average length of the words that were inputted ( not including the "£").

Les assume that the user input valid words and at least one word is inputted.
Re: Writing Java Classes, Using Case Studies by fallguy(m): 8:55pm On Apr 14, 2007
what a dead thread, ur the only poster [all 3 ]
well as for ur problem i think u'd use java's IO package,
get the input from the <u>command line</u>
and the special character the dollar sign as a signal for the program to quit.

HOPE THIS HELPS.
Re: Writing Java Classes, Using Case Studies by mimohmi(m): 10:42pm On Apr 15, 2007
@gbengaijot

Never mind, sorry, I have been out
of this forum for a while. Basically, in an OOP
perspetive, classes are used to represent a unique
object. Say you have a car, the car has attributes like
colour, wheels, gear, seats etc so these attribute
are represented as variables. Then the car does
some actions like increase or decrease speed,
stop or moving. The actions are represented by
methods. So, attributes ------> variables (nouns)
actions ---------------> methods (Verbs)

Don't wory will work on this for you. Keep it up
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Programming languages to learn to become a Software Enterpreneur/Developer / Receipts With Asp.net / Ajax Guru's In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.