Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,384 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Kia Steering Noise Problem. Any Solution? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia Steering Noise Problem. Any Solution? (1575 Views)

Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump / GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kia Steering Noise Problem. Any Solution? by harbeelah(m): 7:41am On Oct 26, 2017
My name is Habila, I have a kia cerato 2014 and there is this noise in the steering column when i turn the steering left to right or when i am on rough roads, it sounds like something is loose. Pls any solution?
Re: Kia Steering Noise Problem. Any Solution? by TRYGO(m): 8:51am On Oct 26, 2017
What's the mileage on the car?
Meanwhile, that noise you're experiencing its what I call suspension noise.
Check the following:

** ball joints, tierod (inner and the outer joints for play); the CVT driveshafts, for insufficient lubrication ( I mean grease in the shafts boot); stabilizer linkages and stabilizer bar bushings(rubber) would cause such noise too.

Inspect the lower arm bushings for fractures. If they show physical signs of defects, replace them.

Finally, you can have the shock absorber tower pads inspected for a bad bushings also.

If there's also an above spec tyre width size, you'd have such issues, as you turn the car.

Regards
Re: Kia Steering Noise Problem. Any Solution? by SpaceAngel: 10:40am On Oct 26, 2017
Re: Kia Steering Noise Problem. Any Solution? by harbeelah(m): 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2017
Re: Kia Steering Noise Problem. Any Solution? by harbeelah(m): 4:24pm On Nov 14, 2017
I was able to fix the issue and it turned out to be an easy fix cos its good as new right now

(1) (Reply)

Gazzuzz/mayor13/cardoctor/other Auto Gurus: Please Is This Normal? / What Do I Need To Know About Uber And Taxify? / Between 2016 Accord And 2012/13 Venza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.