Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

You Become A Better You By Making Other Peoples’ Lives Better - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Become A Better You By Making Other Peoples’ Lives Better (261 Views)

You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body / Herbalist Surprises All By Making Predictions For 2018 / Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Become A Better You By Making Other Peoples’ Lives Better by ken2015: 11:48am On Oct 26, 2017
YOU BECOME A BETTER YOU BY MAKING OTHER PEOPLES’ LIVES BETTER

“To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals.”
― Michael Bassey Johnson
“Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes its fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way.” - Blaise Pascal
“Most humans, in varying degrees, are already dead. In one way or another they have lost their dreams, their ambitions, their desire for a better life. They have surrendered their fight for self-esteem and they have compromised their great potential. They have settled for a life of mediocrity, days of despair and nights of tears. They are no more than living deaths confined to cemeteries of their choice. Yet they need not remain in that state. They can be resurrected from their sorry condition. They can each perform the greatest miracle in the world. They can each come back from the dead...”
― Og Mandino, The Greatest Miracle in World
“Once you begin to sow life and joy in other peoples’ lives, Infinite Wisdom sees to it that you become the best of who you are”--Br Ken Alamezie, BSS

I get scared to the marrows each time I recall the anesthetizing thought that a man can actually freely succumb to the alluring but noxious settee of mediocrity and by it loose the gems given to him by Infinite Wisdom for the betterment of humanity. Many they are who have toed this devastating part of life. They visited this world with much in their mind and hands but for some unwarranted reasons they also ended up going with those precious gifts on account of their intercourse with the Jezebelic Reaper.

We all are born to achieve something purposeful, unique and useful for the family, organization, community and country at large. Although we all came into this world with varied talents and giftedness embedded in us to use for the betterment of humanity, yet such talents may never be useful if we settle for less in our various endeavors, if we fail to put them to use and enhance them appropriately. The way you enhance your own giftedness is by constantly exploring ways on how to make others become better themselves, by ignoring clamoring pessimistic voices of mediocre minds. By seeking out ways to better the society wherein you dwell, you actually bring in additional knowledge in your chosen field of expertise; and via this course, you upgrade your skills and competence and get an amazing attitude that qualifies you for good breaks in life. The secret of growth in every sphere of life lies in death to egocentricity, and it’s only in dying that we encounter true life. I find that true joy comes only when we begin to think less of ourselves, spend less on ourselves, and give more of ourselves for the benefit of others; when we go out of our way to make others see reason to believe in the existence of a God that is actually good and cares for them. This is what Christianity truly entails. In truth, Christianity without good works is as good as stupidity. Being a Christian is being a light to those dwelling in darkness; it’s being a salt in a decaying world wounded by selfishness and greed. It’s being a voice through which the Creator advocates for the disenfranchised, it’s being a hand through which he caresses the weak and hurting; it’s being a shoulder upon which the bruised can lean on. There is no other way of making our world a better place than this.
Somehow, sometime back in my past, I had an experience that left a positive score on my life, and since then I noticed that with every passing day I keep developing a fired up disdain for the twin evil of selfishness and mediocrity. Thus, with every passing hour of my life I become a better me; I find purpose for being alive at this time in history; I discover more the beauty of living truly and not merely existing; I realize the evil therein living a selfish and mediocre life. The said experience—I have no time to tell the whole story here—made an impression on my mindset, especially as it regards the reason for living, and the previous notion I had about life swiftly got a quick and enduring shift. All thanks to fate. That was my own moment of Divine awakening. Then, almost out of the blue it dawned on me that the sole reason for living is principally to cultivate, multiply and spread life around, however morally possible; to go forward and even out of one’s way and give hope to those beaten down by life; to become an inspiration to others, especially the hapless among men; to play mouth to those whose mouths have been sealed by escalating injustice and relentless intimidation by a few indifferent minds walking around as demigods; to play hand to the handicapped, give voice to the voiceless, become the eyes that the blind use to navigate their course on the rough radar of life, be a source of joy and happiness to the hurting. I feel intensely that any life that is not making any positive impact on the lives of others isn’t worth living and as such deserve pity and should be counted among the living dead. There is more to life than merely eating and drinking, getting married and acquiring wealth for selfish reasons or just for the sake of it.

Evil arises from selfishness and a mediocre is as good as evil, since mediocrity uses, often, the shield of self-pity, which is a disguised way of selfishness, though unpronounced, to shield itself from confrontation. You become a mediocre when you choose to settle for less in your own field of endeavor, perhaps out of fear of criticism or persecution. A man living a mediocre life will scarcely achieve his life’s purpose. Mediocre is a disease that has crippled many otherwise swift limbs. Re brand yourself to see a new you in you for others to see and experience. Get that belief that you can change for better and the belief will set you in motion to undertake deeds, which you have never done. Take massive action; put more and more of improved action to the problems and challenges you face in your own field of endeavor. Improve your action to get the required results. Rise above the mediocre level. Work towards greatness and excellence. Undertake those new heights, which challenge you and make you uncomfortable and painful to you. In the longer run what you thought was difficult and tough becomes manageable. Together let’s heal our world. God bless you!
By Rev. Br. Ken Chigozie Alamezie, BSS

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / The Essence Of Tithing Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.