Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month (31419 Views)

Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder / "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:52pm On Oct 26, 2017
Samusu:
OP, i de yhur back
when u have a society that is irresponsible no proper regulations....but na business the maga set up employ pple we in a dark country in a dark continent

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Josh44s(m): 9:02pm On Oct 26, 2017
don4real18:

Na Lagos to Calabar grin

As in eh! Some people are really trying in the name of pen stuuuupid job.
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by hadura29(m): 9:07pm On Oct 26, 2017
Tmercy:
so far there is respect money ain't everything

My brother, sometimes I loose it, I am human, its not what I bargained for, but I am still pushing. In-between, I like your dp.

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Mizjemie25: 9:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
don4real18:
Someone asked me why will you resign from your job when you haven't gotten another In this present Nigeria and I put up my million dollar smile grin and told him that a there are benefits in having a good name. cool

I know things are really difficult in this economy of ours. Getting a job is one and getting benefits from the job is another with examples from the woes being suffered by the civil servants in Kogi.

I was jobless for about 3months because the company I worked for didn't have any project at hand so we came to a mutual understanding and I moved on.
During my jobless period, I searched and searched for a job but this is Nigeria where anything goes. You know you are qualified for an engineering position but an accountant who is the HR feels otherwise or you attend an interview and they want you to collect peanuts that wouldn't help you save at the end of the day.

After I passed through this frustrations, I decided to take a digital marketing course which finally helped in securing my job as a digital marketer in a one-man firm. (I never knew it was a one-man firm before having read the experiences of other Nairalanders)

I started the job based on what I was told at the interview but later realized that it was all lies.
Ranging from who really owns the firm to my job descriptions.
So, I have listed the major reasons in no particular order on why I resigned after working for just a month

Distance and Security
The distance from my house to my workplace takes approximately 8hrs on the road to and fro
I lacked sleep, moved about with a keen sense of security due to early morning and late night movements. Sometimes, I I wouldn't get vehicles and would need to walk a long distance to be able to get home and this really affected my health.

Job description
I know what I signed for during the interview but it was different when I started.
I didn't only do the work of a digital marketer but also train other staffs who are not too skilled with the computer, do Graphics Design each day, if any computer develop problems, I will need to check it out, develop business proposals, look for clients offline (Marketer) and also serve as a customer care.
I was being exploited by my boss.

Integrity at stake
During my second week, I finally knew that the company was a joke.
They scam unsuspecting victims. Companies and individuals.
You will be listed on the website and be called to register stating that they have jobs for you.
The victims fall for it and will probably wait for eternity before they can get a job from the company.
The owner of the company put me under lots of pressure to do this and if there's one thing I believe in, it is a good name.
I can't just scam people trying to make ends meet so that I can be paid my salary.

So, I resigned after a month. The owner called me telling me to return and I refused. He made a offer that I work from home which I didn't accept...

About a week later, a subscriber threatened one of the staffs in the office and another staff followed my footstep and I was happy that I left before this occurred.

In life we are often faced with situations such as this, so will you sell your integrity for stipends? The world will certainly be a better place if we believe that it begins with our actions.
this is just the exact description of the last job I resigned from..in addition to that they scam (the only way I can describe what they do) people of their sweat and promised to link them up to non existent jobs/business..i managed to work there for a month. Thank God you walked away.. OP a better job is coming...

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Originalsly: 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
Tmercy:
Never wanted to cause a scene tho
Fair..you're not the raise hell guy.... but you had all access and the know how to destroy his company before you leave. Heaven knows how many people's lives he had since put in misery. Change in such behaviour can only come from us... when each of us do what we can do to make such people know we can strike back.
In many societies the boss dare not do such... because of the consequences.... either dragged to court or suffer a beat down or be gunned down. What consequences es do these bosses have to consider?...none.

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Mizjemie25: 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2017
don4real18:
Someone asked me why will you resign from your job when you haven't gotten another In this present Nigeria and I put up my million dollar smile grin and told him that a there are benefits in having a good name. cool

I know things are really difficult in this economy of ours. Getting a job is one and getting benefits from the job is another with examples from the woes being suffered by the civil servants in Kogi.

I was jobless for about 3months because the company I worked for didn't have any project at hand so we came to a mutual understanding and I moved on.
During my jobless period, I searched and searched for a job but this is Nigeria where anything goes. You know you are qualified for an engineering position but an accountant who is the HR feels otherwise or you attend an interview and they want you to collect peanuts that wouldn't help you save at the end of the day.

After I passed through this frustrations, I decided to take a digital marketing course which finally helped in securing my job as a digital marketer in a one-man firm. (I never knew it was a one-man firm before having read the experiences of other Nairalanders)

I started the job based on what I was told at the interview but later realized that it was all lies.
So, I have listed the major reasons in no particular order on why I resigned after working for just a month

Distance and Security
The distance from my house to my workplace takes approximately 8hrs on the road to and fro
I lacked sleep, moved about with a keen sense of security due to early morning and late night movements. Sometimes, I I wouldn't get vehicles and would need to walk a long distance to be able to get home and this really affected my health.

Job description
I know what I signed for during the interview but it was different when I started.
I didn't only do the work of a digital marketer but also train other staffs who are not too skilled with the computer, do Graphics Design each day, if any computer develop problems, I will need to check it out, develop business proposals, look for clients offline (Marketer) and also serve as a customer care.

Integrity at stake
You will be listed on the website and be called to register stating that they have jobs for you.
The victims fall for it and will probably wait for eternity before they can get a job from the company.
The owner of the company put me under lots of pressure to do this and if there's one thing I believe in, it is a good name.
I can't just scam people trying to make ends meet so that I can be paid my salary.

So, I resigned after a month. The owner called me telling me to return and I refused. He made a offer that I work from home which I didn't accept...

About a week later, a subscriber threatened one of the staffs in the office and another staff followed my footstep and I was happy that I left before this occurred.

In life we are often faced with situations such as this, so will you sell your integrity for stipends? The world will certainly be a better place if we believe that it begins with our actions.
Something tells me I know you.. we worked in the same place.. is this office located at Badore?
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Mikeal09: 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
don4real18:

How can you tell if I earned more than you?
I sure can. I was without any acadamic qualification and I sure can bet you earned more than 8000 per month.
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by don4real18(m): 9:53pm On Oct 26, 2017
Mizjemie25:
Something tells me I know you.. we worked in the same place.. is this office located at Badore?
Lol, who knows? I wouldn't accept to say the company's location grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by don4real18(m): 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2017
Mikeal09:

I sure can. I was without any acadamic qualification and I sure can bet you earned more than 8000 per month.
Well, you are definitely right

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Mikeal09: 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2017
don4real18:

Well, you are definitely right
It was reduced to 4000 naira. I had too many hands reaching for my salary, my family and one girl i thought loved me, xo i left.
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Mizjemie25: 10:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
don4real18:

Lol, who knows? I wouldn't accept to say the company's location grin
cool... I understand you are trying to keep the company anonymous.. that's cool..
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by iModernHome: 11:26pm On Oct 26, 2017
Are you outgoing, Outspoken and Serious?

Do you have what it takes to be listen to?

Can you Convince a lady not to wear her makeup?

We are looking for 4 Candidate to work for us as a Marketing consultant.

Your job consists of marketing a new brand in an event and gathers information of all business ranging from a craftsmanship, sole proprietorship, Small Business, Large Business and Corporate Business.

This You will be given tools to work with and you will provide some of your own.

Requirement

*** Excellent Writing and Spelling skills .. etc

*** Should know how to use a computer device, Laptop, Ipad or Smart Phone

*** Should have one of the following device a computer device, Laptop, Ipad in a good and working condition

*** Applicant should reside in Abuja or its vicinities.

*** Should have an Internet connection.

We are going to employ you as a Marketing consultant and will be working for our brand on contract base.

Remuneration daily will be base on profile and bonus on the result that you supply of the task giving to you.

After numerous contract with us, we are going to open an agency in Abuja and we will be needing staff so this your chance to prove your ability

This an opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team with international footprint

Email us at jobs@sgsmarketingfirm.com
www.sgsmarketingfirm.com

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by otikpoko(m): 2:42am On Oct 27, 2017
Mikeal09:
Some four years back, I went through similar shit, the difference being that you earned far more than i did... Guess what?? I woke up one morning and knew i was gonna quit and yes i did! Thank JEHOVAH I did! Today, I actually do business with my ex-boss. I earn more now by God's grace and the best part of it is that, I wake up knowing- my stress, my money!

Are you a Witness?
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by zynzyn(m): 3:11am On Oct 27, 2017
don4real18:

Distance and Security

Job description

Integrity at stake

This is the reality of the Nigerian labour market today.

So many fake CEOs and 'employers of labour'

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Mikeal09: 3:16am On Oct 27, 2017
otikpoko:

Are you a Witness?
You mean a witness to the great works of CHRIST Yes, i am!
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by uncle212(m): 3:33am On Oct 27, 2017
was almost fooled by one of such companies sometimes last week. May God help the Nigerian youth.
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by otikpoko(m): 8:46am On Oct 27, 2017
Mikeal09:

You mean a witness to the great works of CHRIST Yes, i am!

JW?
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Mikeal09: 9:29am On Oct 27, 2017
otikpoko:

JW?
Yes! But not as a religious organisation.
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by iModernHome: 10:29am On Oct 28, 2017
Are you outgoing, Outspoken and Serious?

Do you have what it takes to be listen to?

Can you Convince a lady not to wear her makeup?

We are looking for 4 Candidate to work for us as a Marketing consultant.

Your job consists of marketing a new brand in an event and gathers information of all business ranging from a craftsmanship, sole proprietorship, Small Business, Large Business and Corporate Business.

This You will be given tools to work with and you will provide some of your own.

Requirement

*** Excellent Writing and Spelling skills .. etc

*** Should know how to use a computer device, Laptop, Ipad or Smart Phone

*** Should have one of the following device a computer device, Laptop, Ipad in a good and working condition

*** Applicant should reside in Abuja or its vicinities.

*** Should have an Internet connection.

We are going to employ you as a Marketing consultant and will be working for our brand on contract base.

Remuneration daily will be base on profile and bonus on the result that you supply of the task giving to you.

After numerous contract with us, we are going to open an agency in Abuja and we will be needing staff so this your chance to prove your ability

This an opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team with international footprint

We are still receiving application until 15th November 2017

www.sgsmarketingfirm.com

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by iModernHome: 10:36am On Oct 28, 2017
Thank you to those that have sent in there Application

Keep them coming

We are still receiving application until 15th November 2017

We will be announcing jobs offer for Lagos and Port Harcourt area soon watch out

www.sgsmarketingfirm.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Stella Adele, A Female 2:1 Graduate Who Drives Keke In Lagos / Who Must You Be To End Your Struggle With Money? / 16 Years Banking Experience As A Contract Staff (Age Barrier)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.