Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones (10815 Views)

What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android / What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition / 6 Reasons Nigerians Should Buy Android Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by NaijaTechGuy(m): 12:47am On Jun 11, 2018
I know most smartphone users won't ever look the way of devices with 1GB RAM in 2018 but it shouldn't be so. I can't really blame anyone for feeling the way they do about 1GB RAM devices since the regular Android OS performed quite badly on those kind of devices. Nevertheless, I feel we shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-c7yPzeT6nQk/Wx2aMKP8pEI/AAAAAAAAAH0/TTfIpvR7T74TzbYIGaGoiTvrA8Yzq_GKgCLcBGAs/s640/android-go-edition.jpg[/img]
Tecno launched the Spark 2 a couple of days ago while iTel launched the A32F smartphone a few weeks ago and the common feature of both devices is that they run on Android Go. The comments I've seen online from some users about these devices have been quite appalling and rated the devices as low and unusable and I decided to write this post to clarify things a bit. I've tested out a couple of Android Go phones and they're nothing short of amazing. They may be low-budget but they are definitely not unusable.

It's quite important that you understand that a smartphone with 1GB RAM running on Android Go is faster and more efficient than one running on the regular Android O.S

Here's Why -

1. It Provides Better Optimization

This is the major reason Android Go was created - To give low end users the same experience as mid-range and high end users. This optimization is embedded throughout the device, from app management to battery management and even to data usage control.

We all know that improvements to battery life come on every update on Android and coupled with the fact that Android Go starts off with Oreo 8.1. A device I reviewed - The iTel A32F took about 90 minutes to go from 0 to 100 and almost 7 hours of constant use online to go down to 10%. The capacity of the battery wasn't even up to 3000mAh.

The O.S detects apps that are using the battery and terminates them once they have been idle to save you more power.

2. Regular Software Updates

If you're on a low budget and you're not a fan of the "need an upgrade, buy a new one" style of marketing that a couple of brands do on their regular smartphones then Android Go is probably the best choice for you.

There's no bloatware pre-installed in the device. Even the iTel A32F has already received an update in less than 4 weeks of release. There's no custom UI that'll make the OEM waste time trying to redesign the software for its own version of Go.

On Android Go you get a stock android experience and you're certain that you'll receive regular updates. They may even receive the Android P update.

3. Saves Data Efficiently

Google has looked into the fact that the regular Android OS uses up a lot of data so they have optimized the preinstalled apps on Android Go smartphones to be lightweight and take up very little space.The data saver feature works on all the apps on the device. Even the Google Play on the device is optimized to use less data. You don't have to worry about bloatware on the device as everything has been optimized to give you a better experience.

I understand the fact that you may not really fancy these devices if you are a heavy smartphone user, However it's worthy to note that they have ultimately improved the Android user experience on 1GB RAM devices.

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2018/06/3-reasons-nigerians-should-stop-looking.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by Nobody: 12:52am On Jun 11, 2018
I'm hoping to be FTC for the first time on nairaland.

May thunder strike anyone that beats me to it.
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by NiffyNi0: 1:46am On Jun 11, 2018
Pls between the Tecno spark 2 n infinix hot6 lite wch is better since both has 1gb ram
NaijaTechGuy:
I know most smartphone users won't ever look the way of devices with 1GB RAM in 2018 but it shouldn't be so. I can't really blame anyone for feeling the way they do about 1GB RAM devices since the regular Android OS performed quite badly on those kind of devices. Nevertheless, I feel we shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-c7yPzeT6nQk/Wx2aMKP8pEI/AAAAAAAAAH0/TTfIpvR7T74TzbYIGaGoiTvrA8Yzq_GKgCLcBGAs/s640/android-go-edition.jpg[/img]
Tecno launched the Spark 2 a couple of days ago while iTel launched the A32F smartphone a few weeks ago and the common feature of both devices is that they run on Android Go. The comments I've seen online from some users about these devices have been quite appalling and rated the devices as low and unusable and I decided to write this post to clarify things a bit. I've tested out a couple of Android Go phones and they're nothing short of amazing. They may be low-budget but they are definitely not unusable.

It's quite important that you understand that a smartphone with 1GB RAM running on Android Go is faster and more efficient than one running on the regular Android O.S

Here's Why -

1. It Provides Better Optimization

This is the major reason Android Go was created - To give low end users the same experience as mid-range and high end users. This optimization is embedded throughout the device, from app management to battery management and even to data usage control.

We all know that improvements to battery life come on every update on Android and coupled with the fact that Android Go starts off with Oreo 8.1. A device I reviewed - The iTel A32F took about 90 minutes to go from 0 to 100 and almost 7 hours of constant use online to go down to 10%. The capacity of the battery wasn't even up to 3000mAh.

The O.S detects apps that are using the battery and terminates them once they have been idle to save you more power.

2. Regular Software Updates

If you're on a low budget and you're not a fan of the "need an upgrade, buy a new one" style of marketing that a couple of brands do on their regular smartphones then Android Go is probably the best choice for you.

There's no bloatware pre-installed in the device. Even the iTel A32F has already received an update in less than 4 weeks of release. There's no custom UI that'll make the OEM waste time trying to redesign the software for its own version of Go.

On Android Go you get a stock android experience and you're certain that you'll receive regular updates. They may even receive the Android P update.

3. Saves Data Efficiently

Google has looked into the fact that the regular Android OS uses up a lot of data so they have optimized the preinstalled apps on Android Go smartphones to be lightweight and take up very little space.The data saver feature works on all the apps on the device. Even the Google Play on the device is optimized to use less data. You don't have to worry about bloatware on the device as everything has been optimized to give you a better experience.

I understand the fact that you may not really fancy these devices if you are a heavy smartphone user, However it's worthy to note that they have ultimately improved the Android user experience on 1GB RAM devices.
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:28am On Jun 11, 2018
tbadejo25:

Actually some of my colleagues downloaded youtube-go on their flagship phones just to save data. Makes sense!

Nice.. That's the way forward smiley.. Enjoy your videos with less data

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by olametrix(m): 7:59am On Jun 11, 2018
shocked

My back burry dos that nothing new

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by dhabrite(m): 8:00am On Jun 11, 2018
My Techno L9 is a f** piece of sh**.

I still dey swear for the man for challenge, wey convince him ancestors to go for techno.

Na Infinix my humble sef wan buy jejely.

I wan sell am, who go buy am abeg??

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by Celestyn8213: 8:02am On Jun 11, 2018
You're entitled to your own opinion, thank you
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by czarina(f): 8:02am On Jun 11, 2018
Hmmm...1G RAM phones suck. angry

Check my profile if you live in Jos and environs cool
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by lenghtinny(m): 8:04am On Jun 11, 2018
I'd rather use a Nokia torchlight phone angry

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 11, 2018
lenghtinny:
I'd rather use a Nokia torchlight phone angry

bro u wicked oo

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 11, 2018
Its just like Facebook lite --------Android Lite
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by Ifedith(m): 8:17am On Jun 11, 2018
If you want affordable phone, just pm me. Check my signature. All these grammar wen op post na in essence affordable Phone. Well I have affordable phone and it's 2gb with snapdragon processor. Pm if you know wats up. Tecno and infinix don chop our money reach. They sell crap.
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by geloorrrrdd(m): 8:32am On Jun 11, 2018
True.

I just got the Tecno pouvior 2, and I must say i'm very impressed. The battery is LIT. I use it for almost 10 hours without charge. And that's like 100%-15%
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by richeeyo(m): 8:49am On Jun 11, 2018
GutsOverFear:
I'm hoping to be FTC for the first time on nairaland.

May thunder strike anyone that beats me to it.
Grow up

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by opalu: 8:57am On Jun 11, 2018
Okay
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by cutebullet(f): 9:19am On Jun 11, 2018
My android pays my bills tongue

Check my signature to see how it works wink
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by Dollabiz: 9:29am On Jun 11, 2018
hmm
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 11, 2018
dhabrite:

I still dey swear for the man for challenge, wey convince him ancestors to go for techno.

Na Infinix my humble set wan buy jejely.

m tecno l9 plus is dope bro

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by raymytech1: 9:43am On Jun 11, 2018
dhabrite:

Na Infinix my humble set wan buy jejely.

I'm in Akure I fit buy am
Re: 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 11, 2018
richeeyo:

Grow up
I'm grown

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Saw This Message On Whatsapp And My Phone Hanged. Please What Could It Mean / How I Rooted Tecno H5 And How You Can Root Any Android MTK Device / Google Play Store "Package File Is Invalid"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.