Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans (962 Views)

Ncwd Empowers 100 Female Artisans With Skills / Fasoranti’s Daughter: Residents Cry Out Over Arrest Of Artisans, Motorcyclists / Don’t Create Tension Between Yoruba, Igbo In Lagos, Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by AnambraDota: 12:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
Why do they always hang out in female shops in the daytime while their women work their ass off?

Yoruba men have the culture of sitting closely with female artisans in their shops and be having lengthy conversations while you see the women hawk everything from herbal mixtures to trinkets and bromated breads under the sun.

They always crowd places like hairdressing salons, tailor shops, photocopying centers, printing press and food canteens.
They often appear in native uniform, likely breached skin, ear pierced, shed tats while having earpiece on holding Android phones.

If you haven't observed this just keep your eyes on the floor and you will get to see em.

2 Likes

Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by Sall(m): 12:35pm On Oct 27, 2017
Who be this one again.

1 Like

Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by updatechange(m): 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2017
What's that.... *in vectors voiced *
Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2017
Bound cool
Is that word not supposed to be "BOND"?
Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by CaptainGOOD: 12:49pm On Oct 27, 2017
AnambraDota:
Why do they always hang out in female shops in the daytime while their women work their ass off?

Yoruba men have the culture of sitting closely with female artisans in their shops and be having lengthy conversations while you see the women hawk everything from herbal mixtures to trinkets and bromated breads under the sun.

They always crowd places like hairdressing salons, tailor shops, photocopying centers, printing press and food canteens.
They often appear in native uniform, likely breached skin, ear pierced, shed tats while having earpiece on holding Android phones.

If you haven't observed this just keep your eyes on the floor and you will get to see em.

Very true.
U thread was open about this same topic 2weeks ago but it was closed down.
They dny like hearing the TRUTH.

Dont undertsnd how men would sit back and allow women to hussle for their food.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by woodrow(m): 12:52pm On Oct 27, 2017
What is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by ashjay001(m): 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2017
AnambraDota:

1. It is 'bond' not 'bound'.

2. 'Bleached' not 'breach'.

3. When u keep ur eyes on d 'floor', u dont see anything!? U're staring at d floor for goodness saketongue

4. Are u a graduate? If yes, which school? I would prefer to know from pry to uni/poly n also d locations. Make person no do mistake send pikin go there.

5. If u live in a glass house, u shouldnt throw stones!grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by ashjay001(m): 1:19pm On Oct 27, 2017
CaptainGOOD:

Very true.
U thread was open about this same topic 2weeks ago but it was closed down.
They dny like hearing the TRUTH.

Dont undertsnd how men would sit back and allow women to hussle for their food.

Since u guys n our ladies are doing all d work, should we bother?

U know, life is very funny!? I actually refused to marry from my tribe, cos I felt our ladies were lazy.

Also, growing up, it was only in d east d ladies ride bikes n bicycles? I used to be amazed when travelling. Watching out for them coming back from d farm, counting d number I come across. Wondering were all d men where!

Those lazy men u tot u saw, probably opened that store/office for d ladies in question n feel d need to keep an eye on their property, from predators like u.

Have u n op ever witnessed a quarrel btw them, thats when u get to hear who owns what n who is d spendthrift.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by konoplyanka: 1:42pm On Oct 27, 2017
AnambraDota:

You have to be a jobless nincompoop to observe this.

4 Likes

Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by Agentsmith002: 2:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
its another one(in dj Khalid voice ) from our amiable Buddhamonk.
a bad asssz afonja slayer in those days
Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by iSlayer: 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmm,keen observation. From the shops they head to the motor park for alaye work and various criminal activities. Tufia!
Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by SHAKABOOM: 3:54pm On Oct 27, 2017
Wot wia yu expecting from dia lazy men before?Abi yu dey expect goat to lay egg before?YOLUMBA DEMONZ are known for dia laziness na. cheesy
Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by Drogbs: 4:05pm On Oct 27, 2017
Cause their men are very lazy... even a Yoruba friend admitted this to me. The successful Yorubas that you'll see are the educated ones(the only thing I admire them for is their love for education, at least they have to be good and useful at something) , the ones whose parents sent them to UK for school, the ones who invest in shares and wait out the dividends... that's about it, compare to an Igbo boy who will work his ass off, do apprenticeships with his master for some years, set up a business with his settlement money and in relatively few years build a comfortable merchandise for himself enough to feed his whole family and train his kith a day kin in school... Igbo boys Sabi hustle, from 2×2 shops to a chain of mega shops and a comfortable mansion in Akwa or Nnewi in just few years, all proceeds from sheer hustle and superior micro and macro economic management of investments even in the most stringest of economies
Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by oodualover: 4:21pm On Oct 27, 2017
Drogbs:
Cause their men are very lazy... even a Yoruba friend admitted this to me. The successful Yorubas that you'll see are the educated ones(the only thing I admire them for is their love for education, at least they have to be good and useful at something) , the ones whose parents sent them to UK for school, the ones who invest in shares and wait out the dividends... that's about it, compare to an Igbo boy who will work his ass off, do apprenticeships with his master for some years, set up a business with his settlement money and in relatively few years build a comfortable merchandise for himself enough to feed his whole family and train his kith a day kin in school... Igbo boys Sabi hustle, from 2×2 shops to a chain of mega shops and a comfortable mansion in Akwa or Nnewi in just few years, all proceeds from sheer hustle and superior micro and macro economic management of investments even in the most stringest of economies
Yeah you are right. We Yoruba men are lazy. Kindly check this thread out and you will testify.
https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe

2 Likes

Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by Drogbs: 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2017
oodualover:

Yeah you are right. We Yoruba men are lazy. Kindly check this thread out and you will testify.
https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe
It's a thread of successful people, same can be found in other parts of Nigeria, I'm making my points from the prism of an average lifestyle of a Yoruba man.
Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by Michael004: 5:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
[s]
AnambraDota:

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by AnambraDota: 5:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
ashjay001:

1. It is 'bond' not 'bound'.

2. 'Bleached' not 'breach'.

3. When u keep ur eyes on d 'floor', u dont see anything!? U're staring at d floor for goodness saketongue

4. Are u a graduate? If yes, which school? I would prefer to know from pry to uni/poly n also d locations. Make person no do mistake send pikin go there.

5. If u live in a glass house, u shouldnt throw stones!grin
I'm no English, am Igbo so don't get mad when I get someone else language wrong, I pride in mine.
Why do yoruba men indulge in such shameful act of lazying about in female shops why their female work hard to feed the kids?

Yoruba men are lazy, aren't they?
Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by Oga080666419419: 5:27pm On Oct 27, 2017
oodualover:

You need not open such thread to know how lazy yoruba men are, yoruba men are generally lazy, fact.
Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by ashjay001(m): 5:48pm On Oct 27, 2017
AnambraDota:

I'm no English, am Igbo so don't get mad when I get someone else language wrong, I pride in mine.
Why do yoruba men indulge in such shameful act of lazying about in female shops why their female work hard to feed the kids?

Then, kindly communicate in igbo na! U were taught in a language for 20+ years, and d only excuse u can come up with is "english is not my first language"!

If u actually "put ur eyes on d floor"tongue, u would av noticed, those men actually opened d biz with their money! Not ur half-baked hypothesis.

1 Like

Re: The Bound Between Yoruba Men And Female Artisans by SIRTee15: 6:29pm On Oct 27, 2017
AnambraDota:

Then write in igbo....
And those who understand u will reply...
Stop behaving like a typical African who has every excuse for mediocrity...

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Sack 400,000 Military Officers And Tried To Form His Own Army / Atiku Officially Join PDP Party (photo) / Atikulate2019 My Journey Begins Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.