Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,326 members, 7,842,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 (13019 Views)

Bitcoin Breaks $60K For First Time Since November 2021 / COVID-19: Shell Cuts Dividend For First Time Since WWII / Oil Prices Hit Highest Levels Since 2015 Amid Tightening Markets, Saudi Purge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 28, 2017
laffwitmi:
Bad news for wailers...

You guys will wail till 2023

Bad news for all of us. We cannot rely on oil forever.

So, forget this wailer things.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by SWORD419(m): 11:04am On Oct 28, 2017
9jakohai:
1. Bad news in that it would make us oil dependent again

2.Due to oil falling from $100 in 2014 to $29 in 2016...we lost $100bn in potential earnings.That meant we have to take on debts to keep afloat....so even with this rise, we still have to pay up EXISTING DEBTS...which wipes out most gains from the rise.

3.Nigeria needs oil at $123 per barrel to balance the books. For Russia it is $99, $76 for Saudi Arabia.

4.We need to become a manufacturing society.....because oil prices are still gonna fall, and keep falling.

5. PMB should focus on fixing power, rail and roads...and forget about oil. Who Oil epp?
u get sense aswear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by princeadams11: 11:04am On Oct 28, 2017
Money2000:
Nonsense post. But things get expensive every day.

I hate Buhari
God and kill yourself
Go and kill yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Cajal(m): 11:06am On Oct 28, 2017
rozayx5:
lipsrsealed

Op it is no good news

Not with goat in aso rock

And his team of misfits

Even if oil reaches 500$ a barrel we won't service buharis loans in 10 years
..bro...remember some other people are reading this.. So..argue with facts not sentiment. How much has he borrowed compared to the last dispensation. GEJ THAT WAS BORROWING TO PAY SALARY WHEN EVEN A BARREL OF OIL WAS 126USD.

3 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Magnifico2000: 11:07am On Oct 28, 2017
Our government is not being sincere to us. The budget for 2017 was set on crude oil price of $44 per barrel but now the market price is $60 per barrel. Which means more revenue for Nigeria as there is no news that we have failed to reach optimal oil production and supply.
Now where is the excess of $16 per barrel kept. We shouldn't be suffering in Nigeria as we are the largest producer of oil in Africa. It is no doubt that we are over populated and perhaps the resources may not go round, but that is why we voted in this present government to manage our shortcomings and turn things around.
I guess we voted for the wrong people.

I regret voting and campaigning for buhari in 2015.
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 28, 2017
It just means more money for political office holders and NNPC top directors to steal. [url=afriaskmen.info/penile-enlargement] smiley[/url]
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Skykid1208(m): 11:08am On Oct 28, 2017
Please, how can I write a post on Nairaland and for the post to be on front page......
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 28, 2017
Stop lying... you did NOT vote Buhari... [url=afriaskmen.info/penile-enlargement] smiley[/url]

Magnifico2000:
Our government is not being sincere to us. The budget for 2017 was set on crude oil price of $44 per barrel but now the market price is $60 per barrel. Which means more revenue for Nigeria as there is no news that we have failed to reach optimal oil production and supply.
Now where is the excess of $16 per barrel kept. We shouldn't be suffering in Nigeria as we are the largest producer of oil in Africa. It is no doubt that we are over populated and perhaps the resources may not go round, but that is why we voted in this present government to manage our shortcomings and turn things around.

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 28, 2017
rozayx5:
lipsrsealed

Even if oil reaches 500$ a barrel we won't service buharis loans in 10 years

Between 2014-16 oil fell from $120 to $29.

That meant we lost revenues in excess of $100bn dollars.

Taking loans becomes a necessary evil.Of course we had to take them.......GEJ was already seeing the writing on the wall...and taking loans as early as 2013.

If we did not...we would have been eating leaves by now (and no, i am not being sarcastic)

Of course...if we left oil alone, and relied on manufacturing and innovation.....we could be the one giving loans.

That is why some of us don't get why you, and your hausa, igbo , yoruba and SS buddies fight over oil. Manufacturing could earn you much more.

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Magnifico2000: 11:10am On Oct 28, 2017
NubiLove:
Stop lying... you did NOT vote Buhari... smiley

I voted. You dont need to call me a liar as you havent seen or heard me speak before. Aren't you tired of situation of things in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 28, 2017
At least 18 hours per day of electricity is NEEDED in manufacturing districts! This is the reason why Dunlop moved to Ghana.

9jakohai:

Taking loans becomes a necessary evil.Of course we had to take them.......GEJ was already seeing the writing on the wall...and taking loans as early as 2013.

If we did not...we would have been eating leaves by now (and no, i am not being sarcastic)

Of course...if we left oil alone, and relied on manufacturing and innovation.....we could be the one giving loans.

That is why some of us don't get why you, and your hausa, igbo , yoruba and SS buddies fight over oil. Manufacturing could earn you much more.
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 28, 2017
NOPE... you did NOT vote for Buhari... smiley

Magnifico2000:

I voted. You dont need to call me a liar as you havent seen or heard me speak before. Aren't you tired of situation of things in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:12am On Oct 28, 2017
9jakohai:

2.Due to oil falling from $100 in 2014 to $29 in 2016...we lost $100bn in potential earnings.That meant we have to take on debts to keep afloat....so even with this rise, we still have to pay up EXISTING DEBTS...which wipes out most gains from the rise.

3.Nigeria needs oil at $123 per barrel to balance the books. For Russia it is $99, $76 for Saudi Arabia.

4.We need to become a manufacturing society.....because oil prices are still gonna fall, and keep falling.

5. PMB should focus on fixing power, rail and roads...and forget about oil. Who Oil epp?

so how are we going to pay for the power lines road and rails
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 28, 2017
SWORD419:
u get sense aswear

I had my mind changed...NO reset... by one article i read in 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/opinion/sunday/friedman-pass-the-books-hold-the-oil.html

And that answered a lot of questions for me.

African countries are poor because we sell our raw materials to Europe and Asia for a few billions, and the same Europeans and Asians use the raw materials to make products that earn them ten times more.
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Magnifico2000: 11:13am On Oct 28, 2017
Skykid1208:
Please, how can I write a post on Nairaland and for the post to be on front page......
Look for snakes and other wild animals. Kill them or preserve them, take pictures of it then shout lalasticlala and see if you wont make frontpage in 1second.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Magnifico2000: 11:13am On Oct 28, 2017
NubiLove:
NOPE... you did NOT vote for Buhari... smiley

Why im i wasting my time replying u?
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Money2000: 11:15am On Oct 28, 2017
princeadams11:

God and kill yourself
Go and kill yourself

You're a definition of a typical fool. *God and kill yourself* really?

I'm unlike you who already planned to commit suicide.
End your miserable life.
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 28, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

We may have to take loans for that, and cut subsidies, and increase fees/power bills/taxes.

It means ten years or more of really harsh conditions....but once the benefits kick in....we become a strong manufacturing society. .....i hope.

A shortcut for power...deregulate the thing thoroughly....make bill collection secure...and watch as investors flow in. (Hey, it worked for GSM)
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by EvilMetahuman: 11:22am On Oct 28, 2017
9jakohai:

except that buhari is still looking for oil in nasarawa.
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by phreakabit(m): 11:23am On Oct 28, 2017
APC will say na Buhari do this one too. . .
Lolz
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by EvilMetahuman: 11:23am On Oct 28, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

the ones they have borrowed nko? Or the ones they recovered from "looters"

And they are still selling oil aint they?
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:28am On Oct 28, 2017
9jakohai:

We may have to take loans for that, and cut subsidies, and increase fees/power bills/taxes.

It means ten years or more of really harsh conditions....but once the benefits kick in....we become a strong manufacturing society. .....i hope.

A shortcut for power...deregulate the thing thoroughly....make bill collection secure...and watch as investors flow in. (Hey, it worked for GSM)

so what happens to proceeds from oil sales
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by talk2percy(m): 11:28am On Oct 28, 2017
Still ordinary man in the street won't feel it...nonsense
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:31am On Oct 28, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
the ones they have borrowed nko? Or the ones they recovered from "looters"

And they are still selling oil aint they?

Incase you have not noticed,things have started normalizing .
I don't know about your end,but where I stay things are becoming cheaper.
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by tiwiex(m): 11:31am On Oct 28, 2017
9jakohai:

He has spent a good chunk of time exploring for oil in the north. His action and words contradict.
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by EvilMetahuman: 11:35am On Oct 28, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Incase you have not noticed,things have started normalizing .
I don't know about your end,but where I stay things are becoming cheaper.
that doesn't answer my question.

Well you said at your end, but still remain the same here.
Anyway, until things move back to atleast pre 2015 or lower than that. Apc failed woefully. Especially dollars and the price of petroleum.
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Mendelssohn(m): 11:36am On Oct 28, 2017
Money2000:

You this APC coward... We will see what ends you and your so called Buhari.
My eyes r on you.

Oya continue watching me na. Sebi I resemble your tv.
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:36am On Oct 28, 2017
9jakohai:

What we need is rapid diversification while still managing the oil sector

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:44am On Oct 28, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
that doesn't answer my question.

Well you said at your end, but still remain the same here.
Anyway, until things move back to atleast pre 2015 or lower than that. Apc failed woefully. Especially dollars and the price of petroleum.

Why didn't you say till things move back to pre1999 era.
Lower the dollar and watch all the gains made in manufacturing and agriculture disappear .
Unfortunately petroleum products is dependent on dollar rate.

We need to learn how to start making sacrifices .Nothing comes easy.
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by holuphisayor(m): 11:47am On Oct 28, 2017
even if crude oil rise to $200 per barrel APC will still complain.
Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by Mendelssohn(m): 11:49am On Oct 28, 2017
Magnifico2000:

Please consult google and read extensively on what ECA (Excess crude-oil Account) stands for.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 by EazyMoh(m): 11:51am On Oct 28, 2017
Yhat status where a comment from you is enough to raise global oil price.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beware Chibuzor Eze Back With A New Site Again / Check Out 3 Mistakes To Avoid When Sending Money Online / CBN To Increase Dollar Sales To BDC Operators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.