Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,843 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. (35083 Views)

Pls What Will Be Your Criteria For Buying A Used Car? / Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export / 2004 TOYOTA COROLLA SPORT For Sale Juwt 2months Used Car Still Smells Toks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Ishilove: 3:57pm On Nov 13, 2017
GAZZUZZSCAMMER2:

Stop lickin ass it will only fill ur mouth with shit
Mr Man stop being an asshole and answer the question- where and when did gazzuzz scam you?

2 Likes

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Ishilove: 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2017
GAZZUZZSCAMMER2:

If u like mention seuns name it takes only seconds to open a new acc after a ban if u like ban my op address I will always cm back like nemesis cheesy wink
Hmmm, you sound vengeful and bitter... and very familiar... undecided undecided

Let me guess..Elshan Autos? embarassed shocked

Agbaya!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

cc: Nggocopb (or whatever)

abi Ngcobop...?

Comman see o. Elshan Autos has come back to troll gazzuzz cheesy

Oniranu jatijati

5 Likes

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Ishilove: 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
GAZZUZZSCAMMER2:

Keep typin on behalf of ur Oga hope he is payin u salary?
Paul Elshan Autos, agbaya oloriburuku, go and get a life and stop trolling a hardworking business man who has had the good grace to ignore your pained rantings. You are pained because you were made to vomit vehicle papers by fire by force, and now you want to come and derail with your nonsense. Idiot human being.

Oloshi omo ale. Oponu radarada, go and get a life!!!!

I am done with you, you piece of scum beneath my shoes. I am going to ignore you so hard, you will doubt your own existence, and when you are tired of making a big fool of yourself you will leave this thread and crawl back to the hole from whence you oozed.

3 Likes

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
Errr I thought I was following this thread to get tips on buying a Nigerian used car?

7 Likes

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 13, 2017
Ishiloove (or whatever)
Or ishilove I don't do drama... I tackle direct...

2 Likes

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Ishilove: 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
NgcoboP:
Ishiloove (or whatever)
Or ishilove I don't do drama... I tackle direct...
As you should. Drama is for pussies.

3 Likes

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Mrtesso: 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2017
And where's Gazzuzz

Right here... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Mrtesso: 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
Imarnuel04:
Errr I thought I was following this thread to get tips on buying a Nigerian used car?

You were, but the �(opposer/Tempter) has so many aliases. And even when he's banned and caste He returns at a more convenient time with another alias. grin He just needs to be ignored as has been the case on other Gazzuzz-related threads.

If he was completely ignored, chances are that this thread wouldn't have been this much derailed.
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by sauceEEP(m): 1:32am On Nov 14, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:25am On Nov 14, 2017
lets continue from where we stopped.

GAZZUZZ:
[color=#990000]Starting up the engine....

This is preferably a 2 man job.

Sit inside the car and watch the oil pressure warning light while listening attentively to any strange metal grinding sounds.

with engine started engine oil pressure warning light should be off in 2sec max, there should also be no rattling sounds that disappear after 5-10secs.

There might be a little tapping sounds from the valve area. (due to valve clearance/wrong oil weights)

Now the second person should check for bluish white smoke upon startup, that might indicate worn valve stem seals.

Also stick your finger in the tail pipe if it comes out greasy and oily it indicates oil burn.

If it comes out very dark, engine burns fuel excessively.

If it comes out clean/very light brown emmissions are fair.

More tips soon....
[/color]

2 Likes

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:35am On Nov 14, 2017
do not be fooled by reving an engine hard as proof that it is fine,

1st allow engine to run for about 15min-1our (depending on if a thermostat is installed or not) dont forget we talked about buying petrol so you can test with a sense of entitlment.

Turn off the music, it is a form of distraction!

Rev gently, 1.5krpm and listen...... engine rattles are more evident @ lower rpms, take it gently to 2rpm and listen to the engine......

No rattles and bearing/cranksaft might be ok.

Next to look out for blueish /white smoke.

2man job, take rpm to 2krpm and keep it there for about 1 min or more, if engine smokes you will see it(not every seller will like this test)

Overheating vehicles....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:54am On Nov 14, 2017
always try to go early in the morning to get a true pic of initial cold state.

An overheating engine usually requires a regular top up of fluids, if you get to vehicle and notice water shortage in radiator and reservoir, its either a very careless Owner who does not monitor fluids, or an engine with a coolant leak issue.

Weigh your available options at this point.

Next smell the radiator when open and pressure cap.... funny but true.

In an overheating engine, coolant/water might get exposed to engine oil, and the components of combustion (air, fuel, spark)

Water/coolant will smell like engine oil or petrol, if you get any of these smells, you definately have a damaged head gasket.

Next test drive with a.c on in traffic conditions and monitor temperature needle and oil pressure warning@ low rpms

If temp spikes with traffic you got a overheating issue. If oil warning light flikers @ low rpms in traffic you have worn out bearings, crankshaft.

Next underbody and rust....

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:04am On Nov 14, 2017
some form of rust is unavoidable on suspension parts, but there is also evil rust....

I remeber one toyota sequoia being sold on NL for 800k, looked very clean on the outside, but it was extremely rusted underneath. That vehicle was only good as scrap.

Sadly rust can be covered up by paint, so you would have to be careful at this point.

Drive to a lube bay, and pay to use the pit. Go with a flashlight and inspect the under body extensively. If you have fresh paint under, its mostlikely covering somthing.

A car dealer taught me a quick way to detect flooded cars... Drag the drivers seat back, and check the bolt holding seat to frame for rust.... if rusted car was submerged.

Body parts.....

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by elshanAutos: 5:36am On Nov 14, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
some form of rust is unavoidable on suspension parts, but there is also evil rust....

I remeber one toyota sequoia being sold on NL for 800k, looked very clean on the outside, but it was extremely rusted underneath. That vehicle was only good as scrap.

Sadly rust can be covered up by paint, so you would have to be careful at this point.

Drive to a lube bay, and pay to use the pit. Go with a flashlight and inspect the under body extensively. If you have fresh paint under, its mostlikely covering somthing.

A car dealer taught me a quick way to detect flooded cars... Drag the drivers seat back, and check the bolt holding seat to frame for rust.... if rusted car was submerged.

Body parts.....
At times those bolts can get rusted and car isn’t flooded. The only best & quickest way to know a flooded car is THE SMELL. Unfortunately one might need a professional nose to perceive the scent of a flooded car.

1 Like

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 14, 2017
elshanAutos:

At times those bolts can get rusted and car isn’t flooded. The only best & quickest way to know a flooded car is THE SMELL. Unfortunately one might need a professional nose to perceive the scent of a flooded car.
You have been fingered as the one persecuting Gazzuzz... How true is that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by sabaka: 8:50am On Nov 14, 2017
NgcoboP:

You have been fingered as the one persecuting Gazzuzz... How true is that?
Oga stop fermenting trouble go n sit down one place haba

5 Likes

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 14, 2017
sabaka:

Let him deny. Or affirm. Now stay off my mentions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by ray48: 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2017
Pls forget about these distractions. Let’s get back to the topic.
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by MrBigiman: 10:05pm On Nov 18, 2017
Oga Gazzuzz, I needed a Nigerian used C class, but u haven't gotten back to me.
Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:32pm On Nov 18, 2017
MrBigiman:
Oga Gazzuzz, I needed a Nigerian used C class, but u haven't gotten back to me.

let me inform gazzuzzautos

1 Like

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:35pm On Nov 18, 2017
let me fire on....... the night is young wink

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by diportivo: 10:36pm On Nov 18, 2017
sabaka:

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:54pm On Nov 18, 2017
from page 0

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2017
more...

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:00pm On Nov 18, 2017
more....

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2017
Last one

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by Lush100(m): 11:46pm On Nov 18, 2017
wow, so it has gotten to this,

@gazzuzz, please stick with ignoring any threat/accusations until the accuser can provide history & evidence to whatever his grievances are.

on the issue of buying used car,

even if one buys fuel, will the owner allow u to take his piece out for 20km journey, (vehicle particulars may be also be needed for such long drive, he also has to be in d vehicle at time of driving.

also the thing u mentioned about gasket, an inexperienced buyer may not detect those parts change ( of course unless you are there to check it)

also I'm skeptical about car where "upgraded" is mentioned, any hint that upgraded cars are indicative of work done on parts not visible with just 2 eyes,(except those with the 3rd eye) that could pose a problem later

tnx

1 Like

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:24am On Nov 19, 2017
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6278259_img20171118223829_png86b1fdd441cbc5af05ffac683d095ff5

we have covered engine, tranmission/transaxles, underbody, now lets skip to electicals and electronics in general.

In a modernday Vehicle electronics play a primary role in its operation. It is the major reason flooded cars are written off in the USA.

Not every Vehicle is equipped with sofistcated electricals (e.g 2001/2003 corrola, camry) but there are some vehicles with very complex electrical/electronic setups (e.g 2001/2005 peugeot 406, 607, renault, citron). These are cars that can make a grown man cry when poo hits the fan.

In vehicle inspection, certain factors come into play especially when it comes to nigerian used cars.

Let me give you a small example.

2008 camry I4 came into workshop mid 2017, complain was poor fuel economy, poor gear selection, and a host of christmas lights on cluster.

After diagnosis, I. Informed client that car was flooded in salt water, and every thing electrical was gone. My advice was for him to sell car as is.

Client declined advice and requested a repair. I decided to work on fuel economy.

Replaced engine ecu, o2 sensors, reurned thermostat.

Errors reduced, but still some pending evap codes. Problem was evap canister area was rusted and touching any boLt or nut would result in it breaking. So customer accepted fate and decided to use vehicle as is.

Few weeks later vehicle caught fire on its own without engine being on.

This car was bought nigerian used.

Now I am certain seller knew all issues surrounding vehicle but did not disclose to new buyer.

So I wil repeat, if you open bonnet and see wires flying upandan, close it and run.

You can also use tips on finding out if car was flooded.

Electrical issues are mean.

Try and go with a scanner. If you scan and get a lot of "B" codes, somthing is definately wrong.

If a car is electrically complex, it must come extreely neat in its engine harness and inside interior.

There are some things you cannot hide no matter how you try.

Look out for fresh black tape on electrical wiring, open fusebox and compare ratings of fuses, a car that has been electrically abused will have a clumsy fuse box most times, also look out for direct fan connections, a lot of warnings on cluster.

For certain cars electrical issues ca be restored with ease because they contain very few electrical modules, sadly not every car is wired that way.

In a lot of cases previous case of flooding or accidents contributed to present electrical downfall, if you can afford it, copy out vin and contact computerglobal for a vin report.

More tips soon.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. by destiny10: 12:42am On Nov 19, 2017
Is it advisable to buy Nigerian used Hyundai elantra 2008 model? as in the availability of parts, maintenance, fuel economy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rki Autos - ***Buying Cars From The USA Made Easy*** / Selling Your Car Is Easy With Carxus! / Turn your Car Rearview Mirror Into A Communication Center with our Handsfree Car Bluetooth Kit +MP3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.