Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,459 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (181077 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (71) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 30, 2017
Stanleyelege:

U do not expect me to give my exact location . I preferred not to detail my location

You would have successfully deceived people if not that some folks are more intelligent than you grin now hide your head in shame and stop posting

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 11:03am On Oct 30, 2017
Lol. You must be from delta or benin. That's all they do over there. Saw the libya video the other day. Mostly folks from benin
spartacus11:

How many graduate or master degree holders wen nor get work go fit go learn lets say fixing tiles if thats what is paying in thier locality

Dey feel too big

My uncle professor once told me, dey road wen dem dey pass make money dey nor dey shame put, money na money

I have seen people doing menial job outside dis country even in other africa country dat if dey do same in naija dey will make more self

But no, graduate or no graduate go and learn hand work even if na DJ people should go and learn

But many of our youth mind is made up of going to overseas, d moment dey start dreaming of visa dey start wasting thier life doing nothing, i get plenty round me

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by erico2k2(m): 11:06am On Oct 30, 2017
spartacus11:

U said u live in London, how do u know guys living in ghana do yahoo yahoo if u too nor dey do pick up?

He be like u be street man
because nah Gahana Bois dey always beg us for account wey dem go throw money put or flash us MTCN to pick up promising us %.I dey get request day in day out even frm NL sef
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by djon78(m): 11:10am On Oct 30, 2017
Pidgin2:

You have said it all. Many stories we read online are fake, those who make it are there but they will tell the truth, that it takes years to make it everywhere and one can make it anywhere, even in Togo grin

grin grin grin una Don catch them.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by SIRTee15: 11:13am On Oct 30, 2017
U guys should stop all these nonsense....
Who told u Nigerians in USA struggle to earn 30 thousand dollars or live below poverty level.....
The average wage for nigerian Americans is 60 thousand dollars....
If u have relatives earning below that, tell them to stop being lazy n double their hustle....
If they can't break even in USA, there's no guarantee they will crack new grounds in naija where opportunity is limited n environment is harsh unless they've got solid connection with people in high places... .
Furthermore, there's nothing limiting the success of Nigerians or any immigrant in USA....
USA is what u make of it, there's no free meal anywhere.....
What u need is to study n understand the system, then build ur career around an area of competitive advantage...

The most successful ethnic group in USA today are the indians, not even white or Jews....
The average salary of an Indian in USA is 104 thousand dollars, almost double the national average....
These people control the low-cost hospitality industry in the US, they also dominates the IT industry- 40% of workers in Silicon Valley are Indians, they are also a strong Force in the Healthcare industry.
Nigerians in the US are also doing remarkably well, only they are yet to create a niche for themselves in a particular field....
But to say majority of Nigerians are suffering in the US is nonsense.
And by the way what do you mean by Menial jobs....
I hope you are not talking about artisan jobs like welding, plumbing, mechanic, electrician, carpentry, drilling etc
In case you don't know these are the jobs that fetches you good money both in the US and UK.....
In fact in the UK, these fields are completely dominated by the white, u rarely see blacks in those jobs....
For a foreigner or immigrants to break through, I guess you need to be extremely good....
What we should be doing is encouraging our youths in naija to go into these so called menial jobs, place a demand on these jobs by adding value to it n exploiting the opportunities that lies therein...
Not castigating those that that do it abroad...

Finally, I do agree that there are some invisible glass ceiling against foreigners with respect to career progression in some specific fields in the us n other western countries.....
In UK, building a career in banking, financial sector, Media, entertainment, human relations n PR could be frustrating for a foreigner....
But really like I posted earlier, it's not about doing follow follow n day dreaming about white collar jobs in a white man's world.....
Rather it's about exploiting the vacuum ignored by the natives or seeking fresh opportunities in areas of high demand n turning it into a lucrative venture....
For example, nigerians constitute a significant number if workforce in the NHS....
Yet, I'm not aware of any healthcare recruiting agencies owned by a nigerian.
These agencies come to africa to recruit doctors, nurses, radiographers, pharmacist etc for overseas healthcare industry.
What's stopping Nigerians with vast experience in healthcare recruitment coming together to establish such agencies.....
These agencies make good money with impressive revenue...
Glass ceiling can be shattered, enough of excuses.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by spartacus11(m): 11:13am On Oct 30, 2017
Coldfeets:

So what type of handwork do you suggest people should learn so as to improve their earning capacity?

First those in Lagos, what i know now is Uber or Taxify, who want to learn work fit learn driving

In benin if u fix tiles, do house wiring, pvc or pop, aluminum windows u can still earn more enough to take get of urself

Dj too d demand is increasing.

I called one of my little boy make he come fix pop for me, he his charging me 200k plus, dis his a boy of 18 and he his into pop not to talk of

welders carpenters or furniture makers

Anybody wen say handwork nor dey pay is a liar

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by spartacus11(m): 11:19am On Oct 30, 2017
timesup234:
Lol. send in your own contact
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by spartacus11(m): 11:23am On Oct 30, 2017
erico2k2:

because nah Gahana Bois dey always beg us for account wey dem go throw money pit or flash us MTCN to pick up promising is %.I dey get request day in day out even frm NL sef
I just like d way u reply me, so u get the full story....
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by adesbaba: 11:23am On Oct 30, 2017
Well for me..although am a banker...although my plan is canada ,if I get my visa tomorrow morning..I swear go resign the next day...not just cos of money but for other reasons like health,education,peace of mind...my kids future...

its beyond salaries friends...see truth is if you have a very certain source of income with several ways of getting money..u wnt be too serious abt saving...even if u do,it will be just small amount....

During my time of job search I got an opportunity of hustling to go to d menial jobs in Dubai,Qatar or Australia ...to be doin fruits picking,loads carrying and co but I looked at it dat goin abroad to do such aint God's plan fr me...I either do PR to canada or go tru study visa..

All I will say is THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER WHEREVER YOU WATER IT.....

People make it in usa ,so does some ppk suffer...its abt goals plannin hardwork. sacrifice n pains to get what u want..

I love Nigeria cos thats where I learnt how to be a man,thanks to the hustling spirit but then we all sometimes deserves to live life too well.

I will one day work as director in Goldman sachs or credit suisse ...oya say amen

6 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by spartacus11(m): 11:26am On Oct 30, 2017
adesbaba:
Well for me..although am a banker...although my plan is canada ,if I get my visa tomorrow morning..I swear go resign the next day...not just cos of money but for other reasons like health,education,peace of mind...my kids future...

its beyond salaries friends...see truth is if you have a very certain source of income with several ways of getting money..u wnt be too serious abt saving...even if u do,it will be just small amount....

During my time of job search I got an opportunity of hustling to go to d menial jobs in Dubai,Qatar or Australia ...to be doin fruits picking,loads carrying and co but I looked at it dat goin abroad to do such aint God's plan fr me...I either do PR to canada or go tru study visa..

All I will say is THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER WHEREVER YOU WATER IT.....

People make it in usa ,so does some ppk suffer...its abt goals plannin hardwork. sacrifice n pains to get what u want..

I love Nigeria cos thats where I learnt how to be a man,thanks to the hustling spirit but then we all sometimes deserves to live life too well.

I will one day work as director in Goldman sachs or credit suisse ...oya say amen

Hahahahahah amen
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by spartacus11(m): 11:28am On Oct 30, 2017
timesup234:
Lol. You must be from delta or benin. That's all they do over there. Saw the libya video the other day. Mostly folks from benin
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by erico2k2(m): 11:30am On Oct 30, 2017
spartacus11:

I just like d way u reply me, so u get the full story....
Nah so . 17 years counting nor B beans.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by aieromon(m): 11:35am On Oct 30, 2017
Stanleyelege:

U do not expect me to give my exact location . I preferred not to detail my location

Your previous posts have given you away,Mr Linus grin grin

Men,your lying skills is on point so need to explain yourself grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by spartacus11(m): 11:38am On Oct 30, 2017
erico2k2:

Nah so . 17 years counting nor B beans.
Well done sir
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by nuelyoyo(m): 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2017
seunjungle1:
Poverty and enviness at the same time...badt bele things here. Just because you have being denied visa now America now turned to where you can't get good money to do good thing abi?

See what poverty has caused on us?
If the OP should be granted two years America visa now, am sure he will swallow is his pride now now.

Poverty na bad thing ooo
From the nonsense the OP has been spewing, what I suspect is that he was deported from abroad, hence the bad-mouthing.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Donsammi(m): 12:12pm On Oct 30, 2017
1234onyekwe:
my dear with that amount u can get a three bedroom flat in gwagwalada,kubwa,chekokere etc.all in Abuja.u guys will be talking for talking sake without being sure of what re saying.
where for Kubwa?
hope say na ghetto likes channel 8,villa market, byzango etc?

for phase 2 site 1. E need atleast 350k
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Donsammi(m): 12:14pm On Oct 30, 2017
oglalasioux:

You don't live in Abuja. Don't mislead people who don't live here. I live here.

Kubwa? The least you can get a house around Deidei is 300k not to talk of Kubwa. Are you counting Deidei as part of Abuja?

Gwagwalada is nearly 60 kilometres away from Abuja. Who counts Gwagwalada as part of Abuja?

Abuja is Wuse, Maitama, Asokoro, Garki, Jabi, Lifecamp, Gwarimpa, Mabushi, Katampe and the upcoming Lokogoma( Lokogoma minus the terrible roads).

I live here. Abuja cannot measure with any city in the USA but still has high house rent. Call a spade by its name; Nigeria is a country to get out of.

Kubwa, jahi, gwarinpa is now counted as part of Abuja bro...

source :My FCDA neighbor

gwags and bwari
the two most terrible areas in abj.
God4bid since I was born that place no want progress
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 30, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Okay, tell me what makes one an hokage

The potentials hidden inside you, discover and harness them first before working hard
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
ItachiUchiha:

The potentials hidden inside you, discover and harness them first before working hard

I'm doing this at the moment, myself and Kurama have been training extensively, we're currently working on syncing our chakra together
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by erico2k2(m): 12:23pm On Oct 30, 2017
spartacus11:

D dis kind Hunt person go pay above 2.1m a year, do u know d kind of house i go get wit dat kind money in naija, dat na lekki things oh

God hav mercy

I lik d job i hate d house
Ahaha nah hustling things . Man need to focus for up to 5 years to brake even . Once U arrange the rest is history . God punish poverty .
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by spartacus11(m): 12:29pm On Oct 30, 2017
erico2k2:

Ahaha nah hustling things . Man need to focus for up to 5 years to brake even . Once U arrange the rest is history . God punish poverty .
Poverty/Hardship is a sin

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by erico2k2(m): 12:48pm On Oct 30, 2017
hodari:

Mugu, there's no pride in living in the UK or US, so I wouldn't need to lie or brag about that. UK is a godforsaken country, but atleast they can market themselves very well to trap mumus like you to go there and provide cheap labour for them and stupid politicians to hide their loot.

As soon as my programme completes I will be on the first plane out of here.

Nigerians abroad, I advice you to manage your money and invest very well back home or in any other African country for that matter. Just have something to fall back on for the sake of your future. The kind of rat race life people live abroad is not good at all.
Ahaha U don dey get sense now . Ahaha
Zone6 Bugger grin grin grin
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 30, 2017
supersystemsnig:

I'm doing this at the moment, myself and Kurama have been training extensively, we're currently working on syncing our chakra together

you're living in a dream, wake up; you gotta awaken that which lies within you, you do not need to sync chakra to achieve anything.

the first Hokage, second, third, fourth, fifth, nobody ever sync chakra to get there; you are not naruto! you do not sync, you harness, borrow and use.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2017
mctowel01:

Dont say what you don't know... In Australia we oay just 0.2% of our income on Medicare and believe me, its worth a thousand. Ask people herw who saw their wives give birth with the best medical facilities without paying a dime

This type of Nigerian just like getting free things they dont pay for or work for but complain that nigeria is bad when they dont even support the country they moved to

Medicare Levy in australia is a flat 2% tax on your net income if it exceeds $21,655, plus a surcharge of up to 1.5% if your income is over $90k

it is calculated by the salary you collect

if you pay nothing on medicare in Australia it means you are a foreign resident that dont have dependent, dont work and poor)

or you meet certain medical requirements.

Many Nigerians lie to get many things abroad,passport and document falsification,name and age fraud,some will claim oppression because they are gay when they are not,some will claim boko haram problems when they dont even live in the north etc,if they properly check their documents well and properly investigate,most will be deported.

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2017
ItachiUchiha:

you're living in a dream, wake up; you gotta awaken that which lies within you, you do not need to sync chakra to achieve anything.

the first Hokage, second, third, fourth, fifth, nobody ever sync chakra to get there; you are not naruto! you do not sync, you harness, borrow and use.

Haha okay
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Moety: 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2017
WellEndowed:

I thought they said Saudi Arabia or Pakistan is the most polluted country in the world? what do I know.

Anyways Don't be distracted. Let's start again shall we? How do you think a bank manager can afford to continue to pay say for example 3x a week dialysis or chemotherapy or radiotherapy?

See painment, choi!! grin grin

Haven't you heard of medical insurance? We do have that in Africa you know.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by ttmacoy: 2:12pm On Oct 30, 2017
The fact he keeps comparing people who are illegal and doing menial jobs in the US to bank managers in Nigeria says it all.

MISTAICEY02288:

Lol... And thats why i said you ignorant. Lemme tell you this. If you still say in UK, i can still manage to agree with you a bit, cos things are tough in UK than America and they have higher taxes. I know of families that were kn the UK for years buh later had to relocate to America for better life.

You sayin theres no way an immigrant doing same higher payi profeseion with someone doing similar profession in Naija is totally outrageous. I am still saying it, most immigrants even doing menial jobs in America are better than some peoplethose doing higher paying jobs in Naija talk more those doing higher paying job in America too.

I rest my case
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2017
shallysgirl:
I think it's all opinion based. For me, the man made a mistake as far as I am concerned.
Dvc is better cause it's sort of legal. These ones went on holiday visas, so getting their papers is either by arrangee marriage or seeking assylum.for me morally,its a no-no but they are willing to do that.i can't condermn or judge anyone.
i have visited and lived in some developed countries.i can tell you,its still easier to live in Nigeria.
its so sad that we have such hopeless leaders.There are so many simple things that make the lives of Nigerians a lot happier and also prolong life,like electricity,paved roads,serene environment, good waste disposal system, water,good housing... But no, our nonsense leaders wouldn't do it. These would make a world of difference in the life and orientation of Nigerians.
I completely agree with you. Just imagine if we had everything overseas here, electricity, good road, water, health and social security. In fact If you see the quality education primary school students there enjoy, learning chemistry at such age while we are here teaching 1+1 and an ss3 student can't identify chemicals. I just wipe for this country, left for me I'm leaving not just for the money or quality of life but for my children's future.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Moety: 2:27pm On Oct 30, 2017
We must continue to expose these diaspora crooks coming here to form "big boy" see the kain live they are living, kai...this one pass critical grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Moety: 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
This one na serious matter ooo. Please if you have any relatives abroad try and assist then small. No be easy at all grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by SIRTee15: 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2017
there millions of physically fit men in naija who can withstand 8 hours of rigorous manual labour....
but this guys are not the selective breed that desires to settle abroad....
most Nigerians who dreams of relocating abroad are from middle class home who are not really exposed to those kind of jobs.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by 1234onyekwe: 3:06pm On Oct 30, 2017
Mmehn u mean u have a nagging woman as a wife that's the worst thing that can happen to any man,as for the house once is close to papa bustop or cooperative I think I 'll be interested.
Felixv:
Reading through this thread explains carefully why Nigeria is and would always remain a 6th world country.

it takes me only 1 month to save $2k dollars and that is a fact.Now, the average American (at least the guys I work with),invest their money in their 401k,house,kids college education,summer vacations and some even invest in further education. I know one guy who has just completed an MBA program from one of the best business schools here in PA --how much did it cost him -a cool 85k.

my mortgage is 2200 dollars a MONTH, and I had two vacations this year -one to Thailand and one back to Lagos -where I stayed in 3 Marriott hotels-still got 3 kids lol , and nagging nurse as a wife.

Why do you think the smartest Chinese and Indians guys dream to work in the US --seeking the H1B visa desperately.

One guy was talking about 250k naria as being enough for a decent 2 bedroom apartment in lagos. hahahahahahaha

In aguda where I have a house -that would only get you a room a parlor. In my mothers place near isolo 250k would surely get you 2 bedroom flat.

Please don't go near bode thomas,adniran ogunsanya,ikeja,ajah --not to talk of lekki ..

The bottomline is that the American society is very advanced,they really do not need illiterates from Africa who are governed by a bunch of thieving national assembly members.

I really do not care how much a bank manager in Nigeria earns -he is probably stealing more than he is earning.

And if anyone needs a bungalow to rent , I have one in badore going for a 1m NAIRA

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (71)

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.