Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja (183605 Views)

Need help on how to Legalise Documents At Belgium Embassy / Certifying Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs! / Nigerian Man Caught With Fake Passport/documents At Uk Airport! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by callygood: 1:49pm On Dec 12, 2010
Has anyone gone to the ministry of foreign affairs, Abuja for documents authenticity? I want to legalise my documents and I need someone to tell me how to go about it at the MFA.

Please, urgent response is needed as I am planning to go there soon.

3 Likes

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by lolatom: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2010
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by callygood: 8:58am On Dec 13, 2010
can anyone help out pls?
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by eeo: 8:00pm On Dec 14, 2010
it takes upto four days to get your documents legalised. The cost of legalising per page is 500naira,and you will be given a receipt after payment. You must come with original of the documents and photocopy too, ant then passport size photograph. wheather its a document but has 100pages, you will be charged per page. This is the information I can give you. Go do it yourself, but if you want to get it that same day, you have to go very early in the morning and then bribe. I legalised some of my documents there earlier this year.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by callygood: 8:41am On Dec 15, 2010
thank you so much for the info. i only want to legalise my school cert. it is just two certificates. that goes for 1000 naira as you siad. if i want to get it done fast, how much do i have to pay?
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by eeo: 11:01am On Dec 15, 2010
i dont know, it depends on what you negotiate with them, the best thing is go there very early by 9.00am and start it,so that before the director comes the documents gave have been in his table and he will approve them before leaving office again if not you will never meet him and it will take longer days. Its the secretary you see, if you are lucky and the director is in and everything is done fast you will just be there for a few hours. but after the bribe and the director is not there, you will still pick it late. The only ones they attend to faster are the ones sent directly from the embassies. Thanks

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by orbaxy(m): 11:40am On Dec 15, 2010
It depends on the document.

While i was processing my certificates for further studies, i had to buy waec scratch cards and submit it alongside an application letter and my original certificates at the federal ministry of education. After certification, i had to take them to the federal ministry of foreign affairs for stamping,
(in the middle east (UAE) the Nigerian Embassy in Abu Dhabi will need to stamp them prior to submitting them to the school)

my 25 kobo
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Mudley313: 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2010
is legalization/authentication same thing as notarization in naija? cos i'm planning on having something (a foreign document) notarized in naija soon and i'm now wondering if they're notary offices or anything of that sort in naija; and i used to think probably the courts out there could do that

anybody know bout notarization in naija? or is it the same thing with what's been talked about in here?
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by callygood: 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2010
@eeo, thanks a lot
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by eeo: 6:30pm On Dec 18, 2010
@ callygood, You're welcome

@Mudley313: Legalisation is different and notarisation is different.
To notarise a document you go to a law chamber ask if there is a NOTARY PUBLIC in that chamber, only them can put a seal on that document and once the seal is placed on it, it is a notarised document.IT cost between 1500 and 3000. It is not done in a court and it is not done at all law chamber, or better still when you go to a law chamber check on the list of their activities if NOTARY PUBLIC is written there. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Mudley313: 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2010
oh ok, and thanks. i actually have gotten someone to help me do it; your input is appreciated tho
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by callygood: 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2010
@eeo

Do you have to go to the Ministry of Education first before legalising your educational certificate at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by eeo: 2:17pm On Dec 23, 2010
@Cally

you just have to make sure all the documents you have to legalise you take the original and photocopy with you. So know need going to education ministry. Sometimes it depends on the school you wanna use it at, if there require your results directly from the ministry for translation and stuffs like that, then you will first go to the ministry of education and later legalise it. All the best.
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by loverencha: 7:39am On Apr 20, 2012
Please can someone tell me where the Ministry of Education is located? Lagos or Abuja?

I need to legalise my academic documents. I am asked to legalise them at the Ministry of Education then after Ministry of Foreign Affairs..

Please can someone tell me where to locate the Ministry of Education and how much am I expected to pay to legalise my documents at the ministry of education..

Thanks
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by FIJOKAY: 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2012
my school need this authentication before i take the next step to gettig admitted,i am not in Nigeria.
though i schooled in Harcourt city
i need this authentication what should i do?
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2012
Please, who knows about the recent procedure to authenticate my document
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by odunmanuel: 1:19pm On Dec 31, 2012
Pls kindly direct m 2 d office of d MFA in Abuja.Thank u
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by odunmanuel: 10:57pm On Jan 15, 2013
Pls kindly help 4 d above request.Thank u
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
odunmanuel: Pls kindly help 4 d above request.Thank u
Ministry of Foreign Affair is located in Central area in Abuja why ministry of Education is opposite Ministry of Foreign Affair

2 Likes

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by odunmanuel: 9:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
fados4sure:
Ministry of Foreign Affair is located in Central area in Abuja why ministry of Education is opposite Ministry of Foreign Affair
Thanks 4 ur respond,i guess u av been there previously,pls kindky giv an understanding discription dt wil lead m there with ease.thank u
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Nobody: 2:28am On Jan 17, 2013
odunmanuel: Thanks 4 ur respond,i guess u av been there previously,pls kindky giv an understanding discription dt wil lead m there with ease.thank u
Take a cab and tell the driver to take you to eagle square. You will see it there

1 Like

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by odunmanuel: 10:51pm On Jan 17, 2013
fados4sure:
Take a cab and tell the driver to take you to eagle square. You will see it there
Thank u 4 being of help 2 m.Do u knw abt d curent charge per document @ MFA? I also plan 2 b there soonest.

1 Like

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 18, 2013
odunmanuel: Thank u 4 being of help 2 m.Do u knw abt d curent charge per document @ MFA? I also plan 2 b there soonest.
I don't know the current charge but, it is not much. Somebody did mine for me and I was ask to go and collect it in 5 days time because am not base in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by loverencha: 8:03pm On Jan 18, 2013
@odunmanuel, I intend going to legalize my documents at the Ministry of foreign affairs in Abjua, do you think I can get it done and collect same day? My appointment date at embassy is very near amd I am not based in Abuja, I intend to get my documents legalized as soon as I get to Abuja... Can I get it done same day??

1 Like

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by odunmanuel: 11:10pm On Jan 18, 2013
loverencha: @odunmanuel, I intend going to legalize my documents at the Ministry of foreign affairs in Abjua, do you think I can get it done and collect same day? My appointment date at embassy is very near amd I am not based in Abuja, I intend to get my documents legalized as soon as I get to Abuja... Can I get it done same day??
U can gt ur autheticity done same day.Mak sure u gt there early,xplain ur situation 2 dem,encurage dem,u cud b lucky odawise u av 2 com bak abt 5 days after.Dis info ws gt here.Am nt staying in Abuja 2 nd am going 2 follow dis advice.xpect ur feedbak soon

1 Like

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by loverencha: 8:09am On Jan 19, 2013
@odunmanuel, thanks 4 ur reply. I will be in Abuja in a few days and I will be going to d Ministry of foreign affairs to get my documents legalized, I will take ur advice 2 be there very early. I really hope dat I am lucky...Will let u knw hw it went.. Regards
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by loverencha: 1:09pm On Feb 11, 2013
Information concerning the legalization of documents at the Ministry of Foreign affairs.

Some weeks ago, I legalized my documents at the Ministry of Foreign affairs.

I got to the foreign ministry as early as 8:00am and I was told there that the normal process of legalizing documents at the foreign ministry is 300Naira per page. Even if you have 100pages to legalize, you have to pay 300naira per page and you have to submit originals and photocopies of your documents because they have to check if it is original before they can legalize it. AND I was told that it takes 5days - 1week to process it, so one is to come back for the documents after5days to 1week.

But if u want your documents legalized urgently and you want to get them that same day, u have to pay 1,100naira per page for the urgent legalization.

This information is very recent, so anyone who intends legalizing his or her documents in future @ the Ministry of foreign affairs should be there as early as possible in the morning. There isn't a problem or big deal getting your documents legalized.. Best regards.

3 Likes

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by danielseyon: 10:07am On Feb 14, 2013
Please, do i need to be there in person for legalization or can send someone?

1 Like

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by loverencha: 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
danielseyon: Please, do i need to be there in person for legalization or can send someone?

No, it is not compulsory to be there in person and yes, you can send someone to get it done 4 u, Regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Naijalastborn(m): 12:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
Please Guys, I will like to Know, please i get my Marriage Certificate here in Nigeria and i want to use it to Apply for Spouse Visa wil i have to Authenicate it at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs too, or I will just go Directly to the Embassy i wanted to apply from and Get it Endorse, Please I need Info about it? Come to my aide undecided

1 Like

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by loverencha: 5:28pm On Feb 22, 2013
Naija_lastborn: Please Guys, I will like to Know, please i get my Marriage Certificate here in Nigeria and i want to use it to Apply for Spouse Visa wil i have to Authenicate it at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs too, or I will just go Directly to the Embassy i wanted to apply from and Get it Endorse, Please I need Info about it? Come to my aide undecided

What embassy do you intend to submit your marriage certificate? If it is Austrian embassy, then ofcourse Yes, you must authenticate your marriage certificate at the Ministry of foreign affairs, all Nigerian documents(except international passport) being submitted to the Austrian embassy must first be legalized at the Ministry of foreign affairs before they can be accepted at the Austrian embassy. Regards

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.