Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (73770 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 29, 2017
Notatribalist:
and you are quick to resort to insult? Is that all you have to offer?

Oya no vex but go park elsewhere...
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by DavidEsq(m): 10:37am On Oct 29, 2017
emsheddy:
And I forgot to add the No blood transfusion part. I know how many people have died that I know because of that rubbish. The last case was that of a pregnant woman. The nurses kept begging and begging. Madam please give your consent let's put blood in your body else you and your baby will die. She kept saying no no no its against my doctrine. Before their very eyes, the woman was passing away gradually and the nurses kept begging and crying. Till she died. The whole hospital was in tears.
Pls read Acts 15:20, Leviticus 7:26
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by emelda86(f): 10:39am On Oct 29, 2017
They have good heart no wahala....

But why no blood transfusion even if your love one is dying but Jesus said "whatsoever you do to the list of my brother's that you do unto me" so why allow your love one to die that's pure wickedness

Udo!

2 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 10:39am On Oct 29, 2017
chatinent:

It was not.

Well someone did. Even when I didn't post a thing. I hope you are not lying
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by jonath0012(m): 10:42am On Oct 29, 2017
Sexy20:

My friend that attended one JW's wedding which she was invited said she was denied food at the reception . That they were sharing the food only amongs themselves openly and skipping other guests.
Reason? They were told that they were absent in the 'kingdom' (which was the wedding service where she learnt attendance was taken).... and according to her, almost all the non members were absent ....

This is a fat lie! The reason might not be attributed to your friend not being a witness. It might just be a policy not influence by the religion of the guests... You people are funny sha.. You formulate so many bullshit in order to paint bad image of JWs.. na wa oo.
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by classicalbenson(m): 10:50am On Oct 29, 2017
they don't participate in elections but they pray for good leaders, how is that going to be possible unless they fall from the sky
they don't marry from another denominations unless u get converted

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by ibinaboonline: 10:50am On Oct 29, 2017
OP just used some cunning to make a case for jehovah witness. Tell you what? I don't even get what you mean by that witness' rejection of the tract offered to him. I don't think it's unprofessional. In fact, the contrary is the case. If I told u to quit alcohol bc it's bad for u and u asked me what then you should do; and I say u could try non-alcoholic drinks like coke. Then u say if I had a sip of your beer then you'd have a sip of my coke. What do u wager I should do? The argument to me is that these people believe their organisation is the one true kingdom of God. To that witness' point of view, all other groups and their teachings are false. So he's right in turning down any invitation to such enlightenment. The JW believe they're the only church God recognizes. Even their belief about rapture is against themselves since they say only 144,000 will go to heaven while their numbers alone is way past that. They have made a translation of the Bible to agree with their beliefs and rejects the interpretations of even the original texts. How can that not be defined as their own Bible? No matter how good, nice and righteous a faith may sound, if it denies the person of the Lord Jesus and the person of the Holy Spirit, it missed the mark entirely. Righteousness does not save; faith in Jesus does. Water baptism does not save, Jesus and the baptism of the Holy Spirit does. I regard them as nice but extremely dangerous organization because if you are lured to embrace their teaching, you miss the mark.

5 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Schoolala: 10:52am On Oct 29, 2017
believe me this write up is a pure lies. have been a baptis publisher as a jw for ten good years.
I was even an elder in my congregation but the thing most jw fail to understand is that this jw group use brain wash techniques on his followers. yes they are any things they teach that is true but most of there doctrine are pure man made nonsense and false. and even the blood they claim they don't use to give out to a dien family member day have made several changes on that many times. they also once celebrated Christmas and birthday. just do your research well about this organization you will notice alot of hypocrisy ND changes of doctrine to suit them self.

5 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by MOSICATED5(m): 10:54am On Oct 29, 2017
U forgot to add that the organization teach extreme shunning for ex members, that is a cult practice. U forgot to add that the Governing Body has wrongly prophesy Armageddon more than 6 times, u forgot to add that the organization defend phedophiles, u forgot to add that the organization teaches that it only Jes that will be saved in the battle of Armageddon, u forgot to add that the Organization once denied vaccination and allowed innocent children to die before they scrap it and came up with the no to blood nonsense. U forgot to add that organization teaches that Jesus only mediate for the 144,000. U for got to add that the organization teach that u don't need to be born again. U forgot to add that the organization teach that Jesus cannot perform miracles. U forgot to add that the organization stated in it current year book that they had zero percent growth in the US. U forgot to add that the organization is selling off kingdom halls in Canada because people no longer attending meetings. U forgot to add that the organization teach that listening to the GB is listening to God. U forgot to add that the GB members are self appointing and are racist. U forgot to add that no branch office is headed by a black man. I can go on and on and the evils on the watchtower. An organization that teaches u to hate ur family members once they live the watchtower. Try better next time.

4 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Emmahunk(m): 10:58am On Oct 29, 2017
My dear, I read your futile attempt to justify the Jehovah's witnesses.
First, the JW have their own Bible. With my own eyes, I have read in your Bible, Jn 1:1 " In the beginning was the................ and the Word was god " instead of "and the Word was God". Obviously, your choice of small letter in the word God is to buttress your belief that Jesus is NOT GOD BUT SON OF GOD.
Now, is that the same as in other conventional Bibles?

Secondly, you believe that only 133,000 of your elders will be going to Heaven. Please enlighten us why Christ said that he has gone to prepare us a place for in his father's house there are many mansions.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by MOSICATED5(m): 10:59am On Oct 29, 2017
Schoolala:
believe me this write up is a pure lies. have been a baptis publisher as a jw for ten good years.
I was even an elder in my congregation but the thing most jw fail to understand is that this jw group use brain wash techniques on his followers. yes they are any things they teach that is true but most of there doctrine are pure man made nonsense and false. and even the blood they claim they don't use to give out to a dien family member day have made several changes on that many times. they also once celebrated Christmas and birthday. just do your research well about this organization you will notice alot of hypocrisy ND changes of doctrine to suit them self.
u are so on point. Jws lie a lot and the brainwashed followers are told to cover up. Most Jws in Africa don't even know the GB now allow blood transfusions in fractions. They keep updating their Teachings to cover up their lies. Anyone who which to join the Jws is at liberty to, but they should make their research abt the watchtower first because it is a mind controlling American racist cult to make gullible and lonely people sell their magazines for free

3 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by DTalented(m): 11:03am On Oct 29, 2017
Anybody that does not believe in the holy trinity is not a christian.

2 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by lovingJehovah: 11:03am On Oct 29, 2017
chynie:
1)Re-writing a few words in the bible is same as having a personalized bible, so their bible is df cos of the words rewritten.

which Bible is not rewritten? Was King James an apostle of Christ or was he the Bible's author? Do you know how King James Bible come about? The is nothing like Bible in the holy scriptures. For your edification, what you call the Bible today was known as the Hebrew and Greek scriptures. Your most preferred King James version has some spurious verses added to it. Did you know?

2) the belief that sm ppl will get heaven while others earth sounds so carnal, like dividing paradise into high and low society

Can you say this to Jesus in your next prayer? Because he himself said that in Matthew 5:5 and Matthew 5:10. Also you can tell God that when he gave his words at Revelation 21:1-5

3) the birthday of Herod was mentioned in the bible due to its significance in christdom, not because is bad, and we know Christ wasn't born on Christmas

You may also give God your justification on why you should act as you please or celebrate whatever you please after reading Galatians 1:8. Tell who brought the tradition to celebrate birthdays to you, if it was Jesus or his apostles; 1 Thessalonians 5:21 tell him why you do not need to make sure of anything that he has written down for you but create your own rules.

4) I know they are not cult group but they have cultists just like all other churches.

very unclear what idea you are trying to purport

5)a woman can't lead is just their personal doctrine, a man is a head of his family not head of everyone.

But the Bible says otherwise. Are you in contention with the Bible? The words in 1 Corinthians 14:34 was given to Christians, are you one?

But all and all I think they are not different from other Christians, like we are all striving to make heaven
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by dobiee(f): 11:10am On Oct 29, 2017
Some are nice actually but there's this particular one in my house very rude, proud, manner less i wonder what she preach to pple
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Origamist: 11:13am On Oct 29, 2017
emelda86:
They have good heart no wahala....
But why no blood transfusion even if your love one is dying but Jesus said "whatsoever you do to the list of my brother's that you do unto me" so why allow your love one to die that's pure wickedness
Udo!
i am not a jw myself.
So i might not be able to provide a biblical answer for the reason why they are are against blood transfusion - well, i know the bible said abstain from blood - but i know they believe in bloodless medicine.
I think it's still a developing field,but from all indication it's better and cheaper than blood trandfusion.
Read up on bloodless medicine,sis.
Health risks appear to be another contributing factor in their appeal, especially in light of recent studies that suggest thatblood transfusionscan increase the risk of complications and reduce survival rates.[17][18]Thus the recovery rate is faster with bloodless surgery, allowing the patient to leave earlier.
Benefits Bloodless medicine appeals to many doctors because it carries low risk of post-operative infection when compared with procedures requiringblood transfusion.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodless_surgery?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9284150642

4 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by lovingJehovah: 11:13am On Oct 29, 2017
The magazine is not even sold. Bro, chill! The hate is not necessary on nairaland. You are free to express your sentiments but since you keep following the updates I am curious, are you naturally inclined to follow lies? You just called us liars yet you keep trailing us for update, how logical is that? Are we mind-controlling you to the point that you need to trail lies? Shouldn't you spend more time staying relevant in your own doctrine or church? What church or religion are you most agreeable with, btw?
MOSICATED5:
u are so on point. Jws lie a lot and the brainwashed followers are told to cover up. Most Jws in Africa don't even know the GB now allow blood transfusions in fractions. They keep updating their Teachings to cover up their lies. Anyone who which to join the Jws is at liberty to, but they should make their research abt the watchtower first because it is a mind controlling American racist cult to make gullible and lonely people sell their magazines for free

2 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 11:13am On Oct 29, 2017
rottennaija:

Well someone did. Even when I didn't post a thing. I hope you are not lying
I administrate a forum as this, I would not even ban sb if they passed a view against me.
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chloride6: 11:15am On Oct 29, 2017
Afam4eva:

Wasn't the bible you read rewritten? Why was it not left in the original hebrew and Aramaic versions. Why do you have King James, Revised Standard etc versions of the bible?

Wrong answer. The fact remains they have their own Bible. This is besides other denominations having theirs.
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Jojojomy09(f): 11:18am On Oct 29, 2017
Jehovah witness are not peaceful religion but misleading people in their doctrine. How on earth would you they say that injection from medical doctor and incision from herbalist are same

2 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Origamist: 11:18am On Oct 29, 2017
jonath0012:

This is a fat lie! The reason might not be attributed to your friend not being a witness. It might just be a policy not influence by the religion of the guests... You people are funny sha.. You formulate so many bullshit in order to paint bad image of JWs.. na wa oo.
mhen i shock after reading that post.
Same Witnesses that provide relief materials to non-Witnesses too whever there's a natural disaster?
Smh.
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by emsheddy(m): 11:18am On Oct 29, 2017
atoleybaba:
u guys ignorance makes it hard for u to think bawt how many people av died cos of blood transfusion. What u don't know shouldn't be too hard for u to ask and let jw give u proper answer. Av u ever asked why dy don't collect blood? Do u want me to tell u many story of people who has also received blood that has been infected and has led to death compared to those who av died not accepting blood? Do u know jw doctrine bawt blood has brought bawt d medical advancement of carrying out operation without transfusion blood? Do u even know what d Bible says bawt d use of blood? Finally question. Which will u do. Disobey God to live in this wicked world and lose everlasting life or obey God's command and die now but gain everlasting life? Think bawt that. That will help u know y jw refuses blood transfusion and stop being ignorant. Na how many condemned jw for not doing Xmas until recently when most of una eye don open say Xmas celebration isn't scriptural
You are the ignorant one here. People die as a result of blood transfusion that lead to infection? Like seriously? Please I will like to know where blood transfusion is done without proper screening of the blood first. And let me build on what you started. JWs doctrine of no blood transfusion has lead to the death of many folks who should be alive today. You know what that is called? Murder! That doctrine makes JWs commit suicide when they turn down blood transfusion to save their life. Let me stop here for now so I don't spoil your Sunday for you. By the way, how many people argued that Jesus was actually born December 25th? I celebrate the Savior's birth that day. It isnt scriptural abi? There are many things you do now that is not scriptural. Your Awake isn't scriptural (except you will show me where God instructed you to print awake in the Bible) Watchtower isn't scriptural. That trouser you wear isn't scriptural. Even that haircut on you isn't scriptural. You saw it good to teach people through awake and watchtower, hence the need for it. Please make sure you refuse Christmas bonuses in your place of work OK. You, my friend is the ignorant one here!

4 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by emsheddy(m): 11:20am On Oct 29, 2017
DavidEsq:

Pls read Acts 15:20, Leviticus 7:26
I couldn't read and comprehend it well. I hope you won't mind explaining and teaching me what it says? Am all ears and ears or whichever applies.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 11:22am On Oct 29, 2017
An elder, afore or now, will not write 'is a pure lies.'
Schoolala:
believe me this write up is a pure lies . have been a baptis publisher as a jw for ten good years.
Their elders are well-trained in the Theocractic School in the use of English language that an average elder could only make mistakes on collocation.
Just saying though.
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 29, 2017
chynie:

2) the belief that sm ppl will get heaven while others earth sounds so carnal, like dividing paradise into high and low society

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by DavidEsq(m): 11:26am On Oct 29, 2017
Nicejay30:
Nobody is saying they are terrible people.. It's some of their doctrines dat seems way too extreme..

An old woman dat was sick 4 some time and was unable to go out with dem 4 preaching during dis period till she died and yet was a member all dis while was dismembered and refused to b buried by them cos she was unable to go out 4 preaching at her age...

These practices do not denote Christ...

If u are a member and u go astray dey wud dismember u immediately having nothing to do with u....
Pls read 1 corinthians 5:11. Whatever reasons for "dismembership" as u put it, is contained in dat scripture. The first part of ur story doesn't say it all. In fact, it appears to conform with "dem say".
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 11:28am On Oct 29, 2017
dobiee:
Some are nice actually but there's this particular one in my house very rude, proud, manner less i wonder what she preach to pple
The illiterate ones are always like that. Travel abroad, you will see that others are like servants to you. I have uncles of these sorts that think they have got a trademark of heaven. What did I do? I did not blame it on religion but self assumptions and unletteredness..

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Origamist: 11:28am On Oct 29, 2017
classicalbenson:
they don't participate in elections but they pray for good leaders, how is that going to be possible unless they fall from the sky
they don't marry from another denominations unless u get converted
hmm are u sure?i know some whose spouses attend other denominations in one congregation,but they were married before the spouses converted tho'.
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 11:30am On Oct 29, 2017
chatinent:

I administrate a forum as this, I would not even ban sb if they passed a view against me.

OK. I believe you. Thank you for being candid
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by jozz(m): 11:31am On Oct 29, 2017
Hushpuppi:
I heard they do not marry from other Churches ... Why is that ?

pm me to find out
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 11:33am On Oct 29, 2017
rottennaija:

OK. I believe you. Thank you for being candid
It's all right.
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Bigsteveg(m): 11:37am On Oct 29, 2017
XXLDICK:

No, they don't make sense to me just like Christianity in general.

What's your denomination? I'll list many cons about your denomination then your will compare and contrast to that of JW's then tell me which one is worse.

Starting from paying tithes...
You are getting things wrong.
Most people especially Christians May not make heaven because of these denomination thing.

When you die, denomination matters no more.
Its either good or bad.
Good or Evil.
Simple.

I am a Christian and I strive to be among the good.
When you reach heaven, Muslims call it Al Jana, Christian/Muslim will not matter again neither denomination will.

Most Christians put denomination ahead of Christ and that is why they worship pastor more, example is the op .

I don't have any particular church, I attend CAC, Baptist, Harvest house Christian center, Rccg. And am still open to others. What I look forward to is the praise and worship and the pastors preaching.

To answer your question...I am a CHRISTIAN.

2 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by olabrad: 11:37am On Oct 29, 2017
chubbyswit:
jehova witness are guilty of all you mentioned above. Try harder next time

Buroda, stop judging. You may find yourself in hell fire, while the Jehovah witness people find themselves in heaven.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft / Body Of Herbalist Refuses To Decay, 13 Years After Burial, Turns Museum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.