Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,704 members, 7,831,206 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches (17117 Views)

Mbaka Removed From Adoration Ministry, Replaced, Sent To Monastery (Video) / Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded / Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by dayowunmi(m): 7:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
micxwell:

Good point. Have got my Devotional, about 4 versions of the bible, concordance, and about 3 hymn books. Imagine carrying those around. It's not the book but the WORDS!
Well said bro! All these legalistic Christians at times can be so ridiculous. Someone even said can you cast out demons with tablet bible? As if the devil is scared of the bible itself, 'and ye shall KNOW the truth and the Truth shall Set you FREE' it is knowledge of what is in the Bible that casts out demons and not the letter itself. I don't have a tab yet but when the money comes, am going all out to get different versions and hymns there just like you.

1 Like

Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
Aonkuuse:
you lack wisdom rather Bro, how does a Bible works rather than giving us information about God and his kingdom and how we should conform ourselves to God's commandment as a Christian. If you said other apps are bad and shouldn't be the same with Bible,. Then what about the things you do in the presence of a Bible?
Lemme Ask You One ?s, now that the bible is on the ipad abi?...can you use it to deliver someone with it?
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by iukpe: 10:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
Samsimple:
Not only the pastor but the entire congregation at times.
I am not against pastors using a tablet, rather replacing the physical bible with a tablet in the pulpit

As the pastor enters the pulpit to bring the word of God to the people of God, no hard copy of the bible is found in his hand, gracing the top of the podium visible to the entire congregation as the book at the center of attention, instead the congregation sees a tablet.

I believe there are several potential dangers this subtle shift generates.

Share your opinion....

lalasticlala felixomor bloodofthelamb butterflyl1on butterflylion fleewpeed

Do you think we should all carry the scrolls within which the scriptures were first written? Times have changed and getting the scripture to people today can be through virtual churches like streaming services. Tablet or book pages are all man made but the scripture is what's important.
Tablet and PC apps actually make studying the bible a lot easier.

The Images below show bible factories in China and a page from one very old bibles, all saying the same scripture.

Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 29, 2017
phoenix0100:

Until King James decided to print the Bible do you think anyone else had access to it ? Don't make issues out of nothing
We are talking about a device been attached with the holy scripture. Please re read the thread and dont get it twisted.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
sonnie10:

But if you don't want the bible with other apps on your device, the you shouldn't have the bible with other books in your bookshelf or library.
How can you compare the bible with other books that can not do half of what the bible does. I suggest you think before saying a word.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by iukpe: 10:29pm On Oct 29, 2017
bemejr:
Lemme Ask You One ?s, now that the bible is on the ipad abi?...can you use it to deliver someone with it?
The bible doesn't deliver, the scripture and faith does.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by almarthins(m): 11:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
kolaaderin:

See ignorance at it peak, same way pastors replaced Camel and Donkey with ROLL ROYCE and RANGE ROVER while the Wooden Canoe Evolves to Gulfstream G650/G500 or Cessna Citation X+ Private Jets. NOT ONLY THE BIBLE BUT ALSO THE QURAN is going on 1 million Dollars expensive customized APPLE IPAD dedicated to RICH GENERAL OVERSEERS AND CHIEF IMAMS

Ur more ignorant than u think. U think d bible is just any book u can compact into app. It doesn't work that way. It may be d same word but d feel is nt d same. Mumu pastors, God is waiting for dem at judgement hall.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by sonnie10: 11:54pm On Oct 29, 2017
bemejr:
How can you compare the bible with other books that can not do half of what the bible does. I suggest you think before saying a word.

I suggest you take a comprehension class.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Aonkuuse(m): 7:11am On Oct 30, 2017
bemejr:
so it is no longer faith it is the bible now
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 30, 2017
iukpe:

The bible doesn't deliver, the scripture and faith does.
No much talks on this.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 30, 2017
sonnie10:

I suggest you take a comprehension class.
Thank You, case closed
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 30, 2017
Aonkuuse:
so it is no longer faith it is the bible now
why was the bible made?
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Aonkuuse(m): 8:24am On Oct 30, 2017
bemejr:
why was the bible made?
how many bibles did jesus christ use in delivering people? You are just ignorant of what you are saying, bible is made for Christians to know much about their God,testimonies of what God has done in the past for us to know the wonders of God and have faith in him, as Christians read and understand how God want us to live and to conform our living to the teachings of the Bible not to cast out demons with the Bible. If your pastor is telling you that, tell him he is lying. The Bible is not meant to cast out demons but our faith and our believe in God

1 Like

Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 30, 2017
Aonkuuse:
how many bibles did jesus christ use in delivering people? You are just ignorant of what you are saying, bible is made for Christians to know much about their God,testimonies of what God has done in the past for us to know the wonders of God and have faith in him, as Christians read and understand how God want us to live and to conform our living to the teachings of the Bible not to cast out demons with the Bible. If your pastor is telling you that, tell him he is lying. The Bible is not meant to cast out demons but our faith and our believe in God
Thank You Sir, you won.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by phoenix0100: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2017
bemejr:
We are talking about a device been attached with the holy scripture. Please re read the thread and dont get it twisted.

My point is there were ppl who were against printing the bible then... but look at the impact it had on the world after...I believe someone then would have said why attach the Holy Scriptures to and ordinary paper...besides if the power in the word if God comes from the pages in the Bible then the printing press should be the most holy place..
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by richmekus: 9:26am On Jul 20, 2018
To me, it's just a matter of convenience. Also with the tablets, you can have access to many translations of the Bible at any given time, thus enriching your knowledge and broadening your understanding of God's Word.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Advice For Backsliding Christians. / I Hate Muslims Even Though I Shouldn't / Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.