Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

queenlovely - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / queenlovely (1923 Views)

Tallest Abuja Corper And Shortest Corper Meet In Camp (Photo) / Slaying In Camp – This Female Corper’s Outfit Got People Talking / Photos Of Akwa-Ibom Corper Who Fainted & Died On The Football Pitch (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

queenlovely by Queenlovely(f): 1:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
queenlovely
Re: queenlovely by SKhanmi: 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
Try airing out your views in small groups first, it would help you to build up your confidence, trust me after like some months of doing that, you'll be suprised at what you can do
Re: queenlovely by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2017
Queen lovely, your mouth is filled with stories

1 Like

Re: queenlovely by Ramanto(m): 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
To go far in any field, one must try as much as possible to get rid of such panic. You can't avoid addressing the public all your life. It's a gradual process, you'll overcome it. I'm partially like that. I was elected the clo, and there was need to address everybody on seat. I just had to put myself together and did my best.. Same way i did during my project defence in front of profs. You just can't avoid talking to people if you aspire greatness. All the best, op
Re: queenlovely by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
U r not alone ohh..mine happened to me in church...I felt so bad...and it made me not to go close to anything that would bring me out in public gathering....
Re: queenlovely by fatymore(f): 6:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
What I have is stage fright. Once I start talking and overcome it. I go on.. But thank God I am overcoming it.. It just an adjustment to my mindset.. I tell myself I can do this.. And if I can't express myself infront of people then I can justify my intelligence.. Lols. You can only help yourself.. I was supposed to represent my department at an interview departmental debate and I refused.. Lols.. At the end we lost.. My lecturer lambasted me like.. That's one of the reason I want to stop the stage fright cos I know I can do it... Believe in yourself..
Re: queenlovely by ThatKING(m): 6:43pm On Oct 29, 2017
maybe you are one of the
"SHIFT LET ME FAINT" group... NYSC shifted so you could faint

3 Likes

Re: queenlovely by flyingdutchman(m): 9:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
Queenlovely:
My fear of public speaking is out of this world. I have evaded it all my life. Even to introduce myself in a public gathering was intimidating. Make no mistake, I was smart but I was self conscious of myself and environment.

I was invited to NYSC camp to lecture and I fell into an epileptic fit. How do I cure this. I am more vocal over A broadband connection than in life. I have few friends.
My daughter, fight it. Go anywhere that needs you address the public. Do it!
Re: queenlovely by Chrismentor3: 12:36am On Oct 30, 2017
U are not alone in Michael Jackson's voice! My dear you just have to work on yourself, read books and do some little practice, take a teaching job and maybe you can start from there, I was and I'm still having the same problem but I'm trying my best especially when I know what to say, I did politics in school but for u I will advice u do some teaching stuff where u will have no choice than to address people on daily basis, with that the fright will be disappearing gradually.
Re: queenlovely by oyeludef(m): 5:47am On Oct 30, 2017
I used to be like that. It happens when you are too self conscious, instead of focusing on the message you are trying to pass across, you are wondering about "how do i look", "how do i sound "," do they like me" etc. U can't control whatever anyone thinks about you but you can control the impression you end up leaving.. Never joke with first impressions, forget about ursef and be totally occupied in the speech u r delivering.. Just pray nd do yr thing, ull be fine..
Re: queenlovely by Equations(m): 7:02am On Oct 30, 2017
once you start speaking, everything will get better. once you start speaking, everything will get better. once you start speaking, everything will get better.
Re: queenlovely by tosyne2much(m): 2:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
raphafire:
U r not alone ohh..mine happened to me in church...I felt so bad...and it made me not to go close to anything that would bring me out in public gathering....
Cant stop laughing cheesy
Re: queenlovely by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2017
tosyne2much:
Cant stop laughing cheesy

Lol...it wasn't funny oohhh,....
Re: queenlovely by tosyne2much(m): 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2017
raphafire:

Lol...it wasn't funny oohhh,....
I guess you became a stammerer the moment eyes focused on you cheesy
Re: queenlovely by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 30, 2017
tosyne2much:
I guess you became a stammerer the moment eyes focused on you cheesy
Not really...I was flowing well until a loud sound came IP from the piano I guess, both the shock and every every just run me down....haaeeee!!!
Re: queenlovely by cuvox(m): 2:31pm On Oct 30, 2017
lol

I still have stage fright but i do control it. I do it like I am giving lectures nowadays. Had to take other students tutorials to learn how to face the crowd.

The key, just start talking. Forget about how you sound, do a little demonstration/movment so people dont sée you are shaking.

Avoid eye contact by lôoking above their heads or just maintain eye contact with someone and hold it. And always wear a smile.
Re: queenlovely by MrHenshaw: 7:36pm On Oct 31, 2017
Queenlovely:
My fear of public speaking is out of this world. I have evaded it all my life. Even to introduce myself in a public gathering was intimidating. Make no mistake, I was smart but I was self conscious of myself and environment.

I was invited to NYSC camp to lecture and I fell into an epileptic fit. How do I cure this. I am more vocal over A broadband connection than in life. I have few friends.

l can help you out if you are for real.What you have is Glossophobia.
Re: queenlovely by ped007(m): 9:16am On Nov 01, 2017
Be my friend...
That's all...
Re: queenlovely by tosyne2much(m): 10:16am On Nov 01, 2017
I also used to have this phobia for public speaking not until it faded away gradually.

When you make it a point of duty to engage yourself in public speaking, it's just a matter of time for you to stop fidgeting
Re: queenlovely by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 01, 2017
I think I'm yet to overcome my stage fright completely ... Even as a debator in school, my teacher kept telling me, Just pretend we are all trees and speak...
I think I got to improve when I was a teacher.
Re: queenlovely by wintersnow(m): 5:00pm On Nov 01, 2017
Each time I am giving a speech I just pretend its an empty hall, and free myself... I think you should employ this technique

1 Like

Re: queenlovely by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 04, 2017
I never knew i had stage fright until i was told to do a vote of thanks during my secondary school days as the newly appointed headboy. Guys, I messed up big time that day. Prior to my appointment, i had always avoided scenarios where i would be made to speak up because i was extremely shy. Highly introverted! But somehow, i knew that as one progresses in life, it would become impossible to avoid public speaking so i took the bull by the horn and starting practicing with myself in front of a mirror. I sometimes forced myself to contribute in discussions etc but the stage fright did not go. Till date i still battle with it! No matter how i tried to hide, one leadership position will just land on my head for no reason. I am not a born leader, and God knows i am not trying to be one but since situations always arise where i have to speak up, i developed a system that masks my fright. If you hear me speak now, you might think i am confident but trust me, it is all facade.

1 Like

Re: queenlovely by tosyne2much(m): 1:21pm On Nov 05, 2017
DanXplore:
I never knew i had stage fright until i was told to do a vote of thanks during my secondary school days as the newly appointed headboy. Guys, I messed up big time that day. Prior to my appointment, i had always avoided scenarios where i would be made to speak up because i was extremely shy. Highly introverted! But somehow, i knew that as one progresses in life, it would become impossible to avoid public speaking so i took the bull by the horn and starting practicing with myself in front of a mirror. I sometimes forced myself to contribute in discussions etc but the stage fright did not go. Till date i still battle with it! No matter how i tried to hide, one leadership position will just land on my head for no reason. I am not a born leader, and God knows i am not trying to be one but since situations always arise where i have to speak up, i developed a system that masks my fright. If you hear me speak now, you might think i am confident but trust me, it is all facade.
But to woo babes nko? I know there won't be fright tongue
Re: queenlovely by hanassholesolo: 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
humeeh:
I think I'm yet to overcome my stage fright completely ... Even as a debator in school, my teacher kept telling me, Just pretend we are all trees and speak...
I think I got to improve when I was a teacher.

Damn, I wish i was your student.
Re: queenlovely by hanassholesolo: 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
DanXplore:

And what is this system that you developed?
Re: queenlovely by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 05, 2017
hanassholesolo:

And what is this system that you developed?

You would have to be me to understand it. It is similar to what is popularly known as mind over matter. Bottom line is, know your weaknesses, acknowledge the ones that are proving difficult to change and then look for a way around them
Re: queenlovely by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
tosyne2much:
But to woo babes nko? I know there won't be fright tongue

Haba, wooing is different now...Every normal dude has a dedicated gene for wooing
Re: queenlovely by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
hanassholesolo:

Damn, I wish i was your student.
Lmao grin...Too late tongue

(1) (Reply)

Corpers Salary / NYSC, 2013 Batch ‘A‘ Posting | Call-up Letters Is Finally Out / Good To Go Batch B Corpers - How Much Did You Save From Your Allawee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.