Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,141 members, 7,849,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:19 AM

Who Is A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is A Christian (619 Views)

As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / The Place Of God’s Word In The Life Of A Christian Youth / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Christian by JamesIkosong(m): 5:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
The bible says that the disciples were called christians first in Antioch (Acts 11:26). This name came about as a result of the various innumerable and undeniable signs and wonders that were done through them. It was not accorded to them due to their regularity in church attendance or as a mere title. The Bible accounts that God did so many miracles through the apostles. Acts 5:12 says, "By the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wroght among the people." The disciples were so anointed that even the shadows of Peter for example could heal the sick. Seeing all the miracles, it was obvious that it was as a result of their identification with Jesus. Acts 4:13 says ". . .they marvelled and they took knowledge of them that they had been with Jesus." This shows that the disciples replicated all the works and teachings of Jesus Christ.

From this, it therefore means that a true christian is not just a person who attends a church, or who holds a church position. A christian is a person who has been redeemed by the blood of Jesus to manifest His glory and shine His light upon the dark world. A christian is a person who has been commissioned to manifest the glory of God through signs and wonders. A christian is not just a passive dweller on the earth, or an unconcerned observer of the activites on earth, he is the one charged with the responsibility of effecting a positive change in the world. Matthew 5:14 says that we are the light of the world. In other words, we are not expected to fold our hands to see the world continue in darkness. We shine the light of the gospel, the light of liberation from the captivity of satan. A christian is the one with whom the Lord is working and confirming His words with signs following ( Mark 16:20). It is the actions we take on the situations around us that identify us as chistians, not just our innate and unexpressed intentions, not even verbal professions or our church affiliations. A christian is the one who is never comfortable with anything contrary to the will of God such as sickness, sin, poverty, satanic oppression, troubles, etc. So he would always do everything to bring about a positive change. A christian is the vanguard in establishing the kingdom of God here on earth, and is ready to take up this role. This is the major role that the christian is expected to play in the society.
Re: Who Is A Christian by iamgenius(m): 5:47am On Oct 30, 2017
Why don't you let Jesus talk for himself, can the Bible talk. Stop saying the Bible says the Bible sag.

A CHRISTIAN IS THE INE THAT FOLLOWS THE TEACHING OF PAUL (THE CORRUPTER)
Re: Who Is A Christian by enilove(m): 11:31am On Oct 30, 2017
iamgenius:
Why don't you let Jesus talk for himself, can the Bible talk. Stop saying the Bible says the Bible sag.

A CHRISTIAN IS THE INE THAT FOLLOWS THE TEACHING OF PAUL (THE CORRUPTER)

Muhammed was a false prophet and allah is a daemon or idol.

Before you believe something you should first test its originality.
Before taking a friend you need to know somethings about such a friend. If you ignorantly befriend a thief , the law will not spear you when that friend is caught with stolen items in his possession while walking with you.
People arround such a person will also call him a thief even though he has stolen nothing . This is logical because they would want to know what attracts him to a thief , if he , himself , is not a thief or potential thief.

What are the things that attracts you to Islam and belief in Muhammed?

I belief Jesus Christ and his disciples ,including Paul, for many reasons. Paul had this to say:

1 Corinthians 4:10-12 KJV
We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. [11] Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace; [12] And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:

Mind you , original from God that is currupt is better or 100% better off than original from Satan that is not corrupt.
Re: Who Is A Christian by iamgenius(m): 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2017
enilove:

Mind you , original from God that is currupt is better or 100% better off than original from Satan that is not corrupt.

Really? This got me thinking how dull Christians are.

Let's get to the original topic by the OP.

LET JESUS TALK FOR HIMSELF

Why don't you let Jesus talk for himself, can the Bible talk. Stop saying the Bible says the Bible says.

A CHRISTIAN IS THE ONE THAT FOLLOWS THE TEACHINGS OF PAUL (THE CORRUPTER)
Re: Who Is A Christian by juanomowa(m): 3:36pm On Oct 30, 2017
JamesIkosong:
WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
The bible says that the disciples were called christians first in Antioch (Acts 11:26). This name came about as a result of the various innumerable and undeniable signs and wonders that were done through them. It was not accorded to them due to their regularity in church attendance or as a mere title. The Bible accounts that God did so many miracles through the apostles. Acts 5:12 says, "By the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wroght among the people." The disciples were so anointed that even the shadows of Peter for example could heal the sick. Seeing all the miracles, it was obvious that it was as a result of their identification with Jesus. Acts 4:13 says ". . .they marvelled and they took knowledge of them that they had been with Jesus." This shows that the disciples replicated all the works and teachings of Jesus Christ.

From this, it therefore means that a true christian is not just a person who attends a church, or who holds a church position. A christian is a person who has been redeemed by the blood of Jesus to manifest His glory and shine His light upon the dark world. A christian is a person who has been commissioned to manifest the glory of God through signs and wonders. A christian is not just a passive dweller on the earth, or an unconcerned observer of the activites on earth, he is the one charged with the responsibility of effecting a positive change in the world. Matthew 5:14 says that we are the light of the world. In other words, we are not expected to fold our hands to see the world continue in darkness. We shine the light of the gospel, the light of liberation from the captivity of satan. A christian is the one with whom the Lord is working and confirming His words with signs following ( Mark 16:20). It is the actions we take on the situations around us that identify us as chistians, not just our innate and unexpressed intentions, not even verbal professions or our church affiliations. A christian is the one who is never comfortable with anything contrary to the will of God such as sickness, sin, poverty, satanic oppression, troubles, etc. So he would always do everything to bring about a positive change. A christian is the vanguard in establishing the kingdom of God here on earth, and is ready to take up this role. This is the major role that the christian is expected to play in the society.

Too much talk. A Christian is a follower of Christ. #simple.

Don't confuse a Christian with the work of prophets, apostles, and the preacher of the Word.

So Christ hath said whoever will meet with the Father must go through Him. Christ Himself is the church.

But everything is upside down this day.
Re: Who Is A Christian by ScienceWatch: 4:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
JamesIkosong:
WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?

This is well written Sir, I salute you.
After reading the OP, I asked myself how readers will be able to study live evidence of what JamesIkosong wrote above.
Readers that care enough to see the powerful truth that JamesIkosong reveal here can quickly turn the channel to Emmanuel TV the world most powerful practical spiritual learning channel.
Re: Who Is A Christian by rekinomtla(m): 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2017
A Christian is one who seeked the truth, found it and now proclaims it.
Re: Who Is A Christian by juanomowa(m): 5:16pm On Oct 30, 2017
rekinomtla:

What a false one! How about Buddhism, Babism, Paganism? Everyone seek the truth as they best understand it, and preach it. Even the called church of satan found the truth and are preaching it.

A Christian, it's in the Bible, is a follower of Christ. Where is understanding?!
Re: Who Is A Christian by iamgenius(m): 7:51pm On Oct 30, 2017
ScienceWatch:
This is well written Sir, I salute you.
After reading the OP, I asked myself how readers will be able to study live evidence of what JamesIkosong wrote above.
Readers that care enough to see the powerful truth that JamesIkosong reveal here can quickly turn the channel to Emmanuel TV the world most powerful practical spiritual learning channel.
Emmanuel advert, weldone Sir.
I hope you don't forget the below.

Re: Who Is A Christian by obisco4u: 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2017
A Christian refers to any person whose lifestyle ignores the rule of cause and effect, and revolves around a systematic routine of chronic wishful thinking of a better life based on faith on an imaginary character named Jesus.
Re: Who Is A Christian by ScienceWatch: 9:12pm On Oct 30, 2017
iamgenius:

I will be there.
Re: Who Is A Christian by ScienceWatch: 9:27pm On Oct 30, 2017
iamgenius:

your advert for Islam should get frontpage.
Re: Who Is A Christian by iamgenius(m): 2:31pm On Oct 31, 2017
ScienceWatch:
I will be there.
May Allah spare our lives till then and beyond.
Re: Who Is A Christian by ScienceWatch: 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
iamgenius:

May Allah spare our lives till then and beyond.
Dont be afraid Jesus hater. When I am done at your Islamic conference I will make sure that you remain where you are.
Re: Who Is A Christian by iamgenius(m): 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Dont be afraid Jesus hater. When I am done at your Islamic conference I will make sure that you remain where you are.
I dobtchate Jesus bro. Why should I? Anybody that hates Jesus(peace be upon him) won't enter Paradise.

Where am I?

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian by OtemSapien: 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
rekinomtla:
Sought...
Re: Who Is A Christian by rekinomtla(m): 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2017
OtemSapien:

Sought...

You have yet to apologize for accusing me of lying about Albania. angry
Re: Who Is A Christian by OtemSapien: 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2017
rekinomtla:

You have yet to apologize for accusing me of lying about Albania. angry
Where did I do that, pls give me the link?
Re: Who Is A Christian by rekinomtla(m): 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2017
OtemSapien:
Where did I do that, pls give me the link?

here
Re: Who Is A Christian by ScienceWatch: 4:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
iamgenius:

I dobtchate Jesus bro. Why should I? Anybody that hates Jesus(peace be upon him) won't enter Paradise.

Where am I?
Ok, I apologize for making a wrong point. You getting closer than I thought. Peace.

(1) (Reply)

The Wise Saying Of Luwabi: For Olaolutreasure To See And Be Wise / MFM Member In Spain Begs G.O For Miracle(Video) / Nigeria Would Remain A Cursed Shithole Until Jesus Returns?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.