Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,287 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

What Does 'lamba' Mean (help With Understanding Song Lyrics)? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Does 'lamba' Mean (help With Understanding Song Lyrics)? (9225 Views)

What Does Outstanding Mean In WAEC Result? / What Does "OK" Stand For? / OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does 'lamba' Mean (help With Understanding Song Lyrics)? by BlackPanther17: 11:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
Greetings Nairlanders,

I just joined the forum because of this interesting thread below about Pidgin English as i was looking for a meaning to the word in question from a song video (I don't care by selobobo) i was listening/i'm obsessed with. The lyrics i just posted to genius (popular lyrics platform) but i am not sure if i am completely getting it right. Please help me understand the meaning of some words. Highlighted word are the words i would like to understand it's meaning and correct spelling as i am not Nigerian/West African native but a proud African cool. Thank you!

[Verse 1]
Baby how far (means 'what's up/or how you doing as i understood from different Nigerian source?')? (how far?), don’t want your name don't want your number ([? 0:23]) (not 100% if i'm getting the line right!)
If you dey feel my song, you forget dey lamba (i have no idea what is means but i'm guessing "stress" or to be specific suffer as i got from the 'pidgin' thread above)[?]
Your beauty make a badman feel like a rasta (oh ah), no be lie

[Pre-Hook]
Eh, oh baby don’t you leave me hanging (no no no!)
Follow me, for your love i'm bending (not 100% sure i i'm hearing bending/spending (in chorus/when the artist repeats the song line ))

Touch and follow, thank you don’t mention [? 0:49 - 0:50 (i would like to know what he says after ' thank you don't mention' "i'm hearing something like 'you got it good?'"wink]

[Verse 2]
The little little things you do make me sun gbalaga (i would like to now the meaning/correct spelling)[?]
I don't want no one but you so baby shin gbalaga (i would like to now the meaning/correct spelling)[?]
The things you do, no get part 2 walai (does it mean 'i swear/i promise')
Girl you tiff ('you could go with common sense/with the follow but i would like to know the real meaning in this context haha')my heart away, I be your mugu (i am sure this doesn't mean 'fool' in this context grin) for life

[Verse 3]

Baby Mu na gi (i would like to know the meaning/correct spelling)under your umbrella (ella, ella)

Song video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_avRCzLOv4&index=1&list=PLkMzLbEc7gklKmT62Sq35Gu4rTIL1QSZj

Song lyrics (Would appreciate correction/spelling check )
[url]
https://genius.com/Sele-bobo-i-dont-care-annotated[/url]

Main source
https://www.nairaland.com/1882242/phrases-pidgin-meaning
Re: What Does 'lamba' Mean (help With Understanding Song Lyrics)? by BlackPanther17: 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2017
where the Nairlanders at? smiley
Re: What Does 'lamba' Mean (help With Understanding Song Lyrics)? by oisujeh(m): 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2017
OP dey lamba
Re: What Does 'lamba' Mean (help With Understanding Song Lyrics)? by DavidEzemobi(m): 11:27am On Jan 29, 2020
Lamba means like when you’re lying to someone but in a flattering way to make he/she comfortable.

(1) (Reply)

132 First Class Students Among 9298 To Graduate At Unn's 47th Convocation / Nigerian Defence Academy Candidant Let Meet Here / LASU Postgraduate Programme 2016/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.