Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,778 members, 7,831,496 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Buhari Should Resign If…, Says Prof Yaqub - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Resign If…, Says Prof Yaqub (803 Views)

774,000 Recruitment: Keyamo Threatens To Resign If Politicians Hijack Process / Atiku: Why Amaechi Should Resign As Minister – PDP / Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Should Resign If…, Says Prof Yaqub by dre11(m): 5:44am On Oct 30, 2017
Johnchuks Onuanyim

A former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Abuja, Prof. Nuhu Yaqub, has charged President Muhammadu Buhari to resign if he was tired of governing the country. Yaqub, who was also a former Vice Chancellor of Sokoto State University, described the present administration as sluggish and lacking in dynamism.

The professor, who gave a keynote address at the Buharimeter citizens’ Town Hall meeting held in Abuja at the weekend, also laid the blame of failure in governance on the leadership style of the President. According to him, President Buhari had refused to listen to the yearnings of the people.

The university don stated that the inability of the present administration to act when it was supposed to act had taken away the shine of whatever achievements it must have made in its cardinal agenda. He called on those thinking that Buhari was the only one caught out to redeem Nigeria to bury their thoughts as no Nigerian was indispensable.

Appraising Buhari’s performance in office while fielding questions from the media at the Town Hall meeting organized by the Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) in collaboration with OSIWA, Yaqub stated that the government that came on popular mandate of the people because they wanted a change had not lived up to the expectations of the people.

Asked to scale the Buhari government with the Buharimeter, Prof. Yaqub said, “First of all, let us just admit that it is necessary that from time to time to hold regimes accountable on either what they promised or what they have been able to achieve on the promises they made.

“So, this is a welcome development. If I have to access this regime, I am going to overlook some of the things people spend their time on but look at the personality in the sense that the style of administration is very physical in any democratic dispensation.

“If you have any government or any leader elected democratically and he decides to come and compromise the democratic process, you have a problem. Sometimes, you might even get a dictatorial government through the military responding to the yearnings of the people and I want to give example of such in this country.”

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/10/buhari-resign-says-prof-yaqub/

lalasticlala
Re: Buhari Should Resign If…, Says Prof Yaqub by GavelSlam: 5:46am On Oct 30, 2017
No quote on this?
Re: Buhari Should Resign If…, Says Prof Yaqub by segebase(m): 5:48am On Oct 30, 2017
vv
Re: Buhari Should Resign If…, Says Prof Yaqub by Evablizin(f): 6:10am On Oct 30, 2017
embarassed
Re: Buhari Should Resign If…, Says Prof Yaqub by freeze001(f): 6:43am On Oct 30, 2017
Hehehe...u people haf tire?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Resign If…, Says Prof Yaqub by HoluwarTohbar(f): 6:57am On Oct 30, 2017
freeze001:
Hehehe...u people haf tire?
The people are dying! Buhari should throw in the towel already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Resign If…, Says Prof Yaqub by onward4life(m): 7:01am On Oct 30, 2017
I can't believe Huhari has Disappointed every body!

Huhari is disappointment in Person!
Re: Buhari Should Resign If…, Says Prof Yaqub by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 7:05am On Oct 30, 2017
SHAME ON YOU OP,
I JUST CONFIRMED THE PROF. NEVER EVER SAID THIS.
Re: Buhari Should Resign If…, Says Prof Yaqub by fergie001: 7:08am On Oct 30, 2017
grin
Re: Buhari Should Resign If…, Says Prof Yaqub by Islie: 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2017
ALMUSTAQIM:
SHAME ON YOU OP,

shame on you.....

go and rant on new telegraph newspaper about the publication....

cc lalasticlala......... fire am to FP make I see how those buhari ass licker will fare
Re: Buhari Should Resign If…, Says Prof Yaqub by Paperwhite(m): 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
[/b]"The professor, who gave a keynote address at the Buharimeter citizens’ Town Hall meeting held in Abuja at the weekend,............... also laid the blame of failure in governance on the leadership style of the President. .............. He called on those thinking that Buhari was the only one caught out to redeem Nigeria to bury their thoughts as no Nigerian was indispensable."[b]
Buhari matter don tire every reasonable Nigerian except some demented zombies.
Re: Buhari Should Resign If…, Says Prof Yaqub by Paperwhite(m): 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
ALMUSTAQIM:
SHAME ON YOU OP,

Do you need any confirmation of Buhari being a failure already?
Re: Buhari Should Resign If…, Says Prof Yaqub by Okanokan(m): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2017
Paperwhite:
Do you need any confirmation of Buhari being a failure already?

My Broda, i bow for this guy, maybe till we start to eat lizard as meat, that when it will dawn on them that na yawa we dey?

(1) (Reply)

Andy Uba Pays Condolence Visit To Bola Tinubu Over The Loss Of Jide Tinubu / Aburi Accord; Ghana Vs Lagos Version? / PHOTOS: Osinbajo And Dangote Attends Meeting To Solve Apapa Traffic Gridlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.