Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Relocating To Lagos A Little Advice Pls - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Lagos A Little Advice Pls (1704 Views)

Like China, Like Lagos: A Look At The Great Wall Of Lagos - Photos & Videos / 10 Reasons Why “danfos” Make Lagos A Dangerous Place To Commute / This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To Lagos A Little Advice Pls by spyroet(m): 7:34am On Oct 30, 2017
Hi nairalanders
My name is ed 29 yrs old, am plannin to move to lagos from benin to start a new life am tired of stickin with my family all dis years just want to be alone to see new faces and places and settle down for good. But my question is I have never traveled before, I just need an advice on an area that is safe to leave in lagos but not an expensive one, I have some money in my acc 600,000 to be precise I think that will be managable. I was doing some busness in benin for a living and am single not that benin is not good but I just want to move afar a little for some personal reasons that all thank u.
Re: Relocating To Lagos A Little Advice Pls by bigtt76(f): 7:52am On Oct 30, 2017
Hmmmm ....relocating to Lagos without a job or a business at hand won't be advisable except you want to part-take in the traffic hold-up businesses undecided

With your 600k, renting a house would consume more than half depending on the area you chose though - Mainland seem relatively cheaper and the outskirt of Lagos (closer to or in Ogun State) is even much cheaper but then transportation would be a kill. On the Island, its even much expensive ....a room apartment may go for between 250k to 600k.

My advise are as follows:-

1. Decide on what business you're bringing into Lagos first before making the move
2. Get info on the areas such business would throve most
3. Based on 1 and 2 above, get info on the best location to reside - Do not reside far away from your business location and do not locate your business in an area where you won't get visibility.
4. Try and get contacts in Lagos to advise you and be your close support group
5. Try as much as possible to avoid mixing with miscreants or indulging in illegalities

BTW ...no area in Lagos is 100%, you can only hope for the best in God's protection. I hope this helps.

Updated:
Forgot to mention the need to always be weary of the next person close to you either at home or at the bus stop or at the market. A killer, thief, kidnapper, ritualist and others are just a stone throw away from you.

spyroet:
Hi nairalanders
My name is ed 29 yrs old, am plannin to move to lagos from benin to start a new life am tired of stickin with my family all dis years just want to be alone to see new faces and places and settle down for good. But my question is I have never traveled before, I just need an advice on an area that is safe to leave in lagos but not an expensive one, I have some money in my acc 600,000 to be precise I think that will be managable. I was doing some busness in benin for a living and am single not that benin is not good but I just want to move afar a little for some personal reasons that all thank u.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Lagos A Little Advice Pls by olaleks007(m): 8:14am On Oct 30, 2017
Call/whatsapp me on 08139469149. Check my signature. I guess u knw what I do now.

I will also advice u
Re: Relocating To Lagos A Little Advice Pls by Danielomisco(m): 11:44am On Oct 30, 2017
wow,i wish u luck bro.May God go with you.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Lagos A Little Advice Pls by comos: 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2017
olaleks007:
Call/whatsapp me on 08139469149. Check my signature. I guess u knw what I do now.

I will also advice u

scammer shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Lagos A Little Advice Pls by olaleks007(m): 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2017
comos:

scammer shocked shocked shocked

The God I serve will judge u.
Re: Relocating To Lagos A Little Advice Pls by Godson201333(m): 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2017
spyroet:
Hi nairalanders

If you can continue doing whatever you were doing that generated u 600k,Then that will be good.Like someone said,Try to live at the Outskirt of Lagos state like Sango side,Also you need to have plans and finally i wish you goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Lagos A Little Advice Pls by spyroet(m): 6:49pm On Nov 18, 2017
Godson201333:

If you can continue doing whatever you were doing that generated u 600k,Then that will be good.Like someone said,Try to live at the Outskirt of Lagos state like Sango side,Also you need to have plans and finally i wish you goodluck
thank u very much realy appreciate
Re: Relocating To Lagos A Little Advice Pls by spyroet(m): 6:53pm On Nov 18, 2017
Godson201333:

thanks man
Re: Relocating To Lagos A Little Advice Pls by veneza(f): 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2017
go to Lagos at your own risk
Lagos is too occupied
kontinu your Benin hussle
if you tired of family house please just get a new accommodation, I can't waste such fund in the name but may be some were else abroad were the ROI will be 1000%, lol
Re: Relocating To Lagos A Little Advice Pls by AndyCole16(m): 6:51am On Nov 19, 2017
spyroet:
thank u very much realy appreciate
OP I saw someone said you should call him, please NEVER call anyone here. Just follow the advise you have been given up there, you will be okay. I stay in Lagos myself so I know good advise when I see one.
Peace.
Re: Relocating To Lagos A Little Advice Pls by spyroet(m): 9:12am On Nov 19, 2017
AndyCole16:

OP I saw someone said you should call him, please NEVER call anyone here. Just follow the advise you have been given up there, you will be okay. I stay in Lagos myself so I know good advise when I see one.
Peace.
ok
Re: Relocating To Lagos A Little Advice Pls by spyroet(m): 9:15am On Nov 19, 2017
veneza:
go to Lagos at your own risk
Lagos is too occupied
kontinu your Benin hussle
if you tired of family house please just get a new accommodation, I can't waste such fund in the name but may be some were else abroad were the ROI will be 1000%, lol
ok thanks

(1) (Reply)

Shipping An Item From USA / Which Other African Country Can One Migrate To? / The Fear Of British Embassy (ukvisas Nig Ltd Plc) Is The Begining Of Wisdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.