Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg (951 Views)

John Terry Cleared Of Racism Against Anton Ferdinand / John Terry Appointed Player-manager For England For Euro' 12 / Censored Picture Of Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey's Leg Break Against Stoke City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by snowdrops(m): 4:35pm On Mar 17, 2010
Chelsea FC captain John Terry was breathalysed after he broke the leg of a security guard while driving out of the club's Stamford Bridge ground.

The club said his 4x4 hit the man as he drove slowly through photographers and fans after the Champions League defeat to Inter Milan on Tuesday night.

Police said the man broke his leg but the club has said it was badly bruised.

It said Terry, who drove off, was aware of "a lot of contact" with his car but did not think anyone had been injured.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said Terry was later breathalysed by Surrey Police at his home in Oxshott and investigations were continuing.

'Unfortunate accident'

He said the injured 35-year-old security guard was in a stable condition in a west London hospital.

A Chelsea spokesman said: "We can confirm there was an unfortunate accident as John Terry left Stamford Bridge last night.

"When driving out of the stadium at approximately 1-2 mph in a queue of traffic exiting the ground, his car was surrounded by photographers and fans.

"In the melee that ensued a member of Chelsea's security staff was knocked to the ground, making contact with the car. He suffered a badly bruised leg.

"John was aware at the time that there was a lot of contact with his car during the incident, but not that anyone was injured as a result.

"Upon hearing of the injury, John spoke to the police. He has also been in contact with the staff member to check on his welfare."

Metropolitan Police said it was called to Stamford Bridge at 2313 GMT.

A spokesman said: "A 35-year-old man suffering a broken leg was taken by ambulance to a west London hospital where he is in a stable condition.

"The 4x4 car did not stop at the scene. Inquiries into the incident continue."

Terry was recently sacked as England captain by manager Fabio Capello following allegations he had an affair with an England team-mate's ex-girlfriend.

He is alleged to have had an affair with Vanessa Perroncel, the former girlfriend of England and former Chelsea team-mate Wayne Bridge, who now plays for Manchester City.
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by candylips(m): 4:41pm On Mar 17, 2010
not again
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by snowdrops(m): 4:51pm On Mar 17, 2010
The security guard should be counting his chickens as he is potentially a rich man.

Now where are the accident solicitors when you need them.
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 17, 2010
John was aware at the time that there was a lot of contact with his car during the incident, but not that anyone was injured as a result.

Did you read this?
A bloody accident sir.
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by FBS: 6:01pm On Mar 17, 2010
@BD, you dey mind them?
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by abrahym(m): 7:07pm On Mar 17, 2010
It an accident or he did it purposely?
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by tayoccu(m): 11:06pm On Mar 17, 2010
BlueDiva:

Did you read this?
A bloody accident sir.

Accident or not as a gentleman,and a responsibe citizen he was meant to stop to see if anybody was hurt,but he didn't. What john did can be classified as "hit and run".
Shame on him.
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by snowdrops(m): 11:45pm On Mar 17, 2010
tayoccu:

Accident or not as a gentleman,and a responsibe citizen he was meant to stop to see if anybody was hurt,but he didn't. What john did can be classified as "hit and run".
Shame on him.
It is a criminal offence in the uk to desert an accident scene without reporting to the authorities.
This might be big trouble for JT.
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by mamagee3(f): 1:15am On Mar 18, 2010
John Terry, the ultimate breaker. grin
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by bgees(m): 2:33am On Mar 18, 2010
Karma.
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by dominique(f): 2:46am On Mar 18, 2010
real bab jarm . . .i smell hefty lawsuit. the security guard own don better.
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 18, 2010
Terry’s spokesman explained later that the defender was unaware anybody had been injured and that he had not touched a drop of alcohol.

‘He did not even have his foot on the accelerator, he has an automatic car,’ said the spokesman. ‘He was just easing through the queue of traffic.

'He wound down the window and signed a couple of autographs and as he got through to the front there was a melee of photographers. They were banging against the car to get his attention.

'He just carried on and a security guard waved him out and he drove off

‘It was only an hour later when he got home that he got a phone call and somebody said there had been an accident. He was completely unaware.

‘The club made contact with John and put the police in touch. He volunteered to go Esher police station but that was closed so they went to his house. They breathalysed him but he hadn’t had a drop to drink so it showed nothing.’

A police statement claimed the accident victim, Steve Rowley, had broken his leg, but after speaking to Terry on the phone, the security guard reassured Chelsea’s captain that a bad sprain and bruising was the extent of the damage.

‘Contrary to reports I’ve been reading, I did not suffer a broken leg,’ said Rowley.

‘It’s badly bruised. John was quickly in contact with me once he realised what had happened and there’s no bad feeling on my part. It wasn’t his fault at all, it was a complete accident.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1258769/John-Terry-apologises-hitting-security-guard-car.html#ixzz0iVbWLMPS

@OP,
How much were you paid to write that trash?  cheesy
No source, nothing.

You conveniently 'forgot' to add this part.
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by rasputinn(m): 8:40am On Mar 18, 2010
It all seems to be falling apart for John Thomas(sorry,Terry),I think if think he's still silently carrying the guilt of that Ms Wayne Bridge sghagging saga.
Methinks,if he'st addressed a press conference to sincerely apologise and ask for forgiveness,the healing process would've started and he'd have moved on,he would've got an enormous amount of sincere public good will(not the scam being displayed by the partisan band @stamford bridge)

With that,anybody not shaking hands with him would be seen to be grouch in the public eyes and his game wouldn't have been -vely affected thus

Careful Johnny boy,today it's the security's leg,what will it be tommorow,t's not too late to apologise
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by snowdrops(m): 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2010
BlueDiva:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1258769/John-Terry-apologises-hitting-security-guard-car.html#ixzz0iVbWLMPS

@OP,
How much were you paid to write that trash? cheesy
No source, nothing.

Are you silly. Dem tell you say na me write am. If you want more info dont you know how to assess google?
From your higlighted points who would a sane person believe?
The police who stated he had a fracture, or the security man who changed his story after a visit from JT?
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 19, 2010
*deleted*
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 19, 2010
*deleted*
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by tayoccu(m): 9:54am On Mar 19, 2010
@BD&snowdrops
hold your horses, there is no need to bite each others head off. angry angry angry angry
what is the matter with both of you, elders throwing insults @ each other like kids.

BlueDiva:

@OP,
How much were you paid to write that trash?  cheesy
No source, nothing.

now for someone that ribs other teams, you should be able to take some ribbing too.
snow drops' initial post was lifted directly from bbc, and not fabricated.

snowdrops:

Are you silly. Dem tell you say na me write am. If you want more info dont you know how to assess google?
From your higlighted points who would a sane person believe?
The police who stated he had a fracture, or the security man who changed his story after a visit from JT?

that was uncalled for,fine she took the first shot, but 2 wrongs. . .
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 19, 2010
*deleted*
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by tayoccu(m): 10:43am On Mar 19, 2010
BlueDiva:

Help me put a leash on the dog. . .

I took no first shot.
I asked how much he was paid, you can even see the smiley.

Just a lil banter, didn't know he was half a man.
Every grown man would have laughed over the question.

For him to call me silly is uncalled for and very disrespectful.
For your sake Tayoccu, i'll drop it.

thank you. grin grin
and please don't call the gentleman a dog,
I'd appreciate it if you'd take that back.
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 19, 2010
tayoccu:

thank you. grin grin
and please don't call the gentleman a dog,
I'd appreciate it if you'd take that back.

Taken back. grin
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by tayoccu(m): 11:07am On Mar 19, 2010
thank you.
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by yemmight(m): 4:49pm On Mar 20, 2010
Controversial Terry.
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by snowdrops(m): 6:01pm On Mar 20, 2010
The battle has just begun,

Round 2

Now where is my babe mrs diva.

Na ya . . . . . . be dog tongue
Re: John Terry Breaks Security Guard's Leg by tayoccu(m): 9:41am On Mar 22, 2010
snowdrops:

The battle has just begun,

Round 2

Now where is my babe mrs diva.

Na ya . . . . . . be dog tongue

guy behave now!
she has taken back and deleted everything she said about you,I suggest you do the same.

(1) (Reply)

Carlo Ancellotti Sacked By Chelsea (with £6.5m Pay-off) / The Apoel Fairytale - Vindication For Platini? / Man Utd Faces Chelsea At Old Trafford In The 2019/2020 Epl Opening Fixtures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.