Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" (18395 Views)

Ajimobi: Buhari Reacts To Death Of Ex-Oyo Governor / Aisha Buhari Reacts To Alleged Invasion Of Timi Dakolo’s Residence (pixs) / Yuletide: NEMA Sets Up 24-hour Emergency Rescue Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by alobispot(m): 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari has reacted to the improvement of Nigeria on the World Bank’s Doing Business latest rankings released Tuesday.

Recall, the World Bank on Tuesday released its latest Doing Business Rankings, and in cheering news for the administration, the country moved up 24 places from 169th last year to 145th out of 190 ranked economies.

Nigeria was also recognized this year as one of the top 10 most improved Doing Business economies in the world.

Now, the president has taken to twitter to react to the progress..

He tweeted;

The news that Nigeria moved 24 places up in the World Bank Doing Business rankings released today is most welcome. I'm very pleased by it.

I congratulate all Nigerians on this landmark achievement, which symbolizes the success of our Ease of Doing Business Reforms.

I also congratulate all Stakeholders: the Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC), the National Assembly, & State Govts.

Our goal is to make it easy for people - Nigerians and foreigners alike - to invest and do business in Nigeria. I'm pleased by this progress

We want our people to be able to register their businesses speedily; access land & credit & obtain licenses without bureaucratic bottlenecks

We also want foreign business visitors to obtain their visas on arrival; & pass through our airports & do their businesses with ease & speed

I particularly commend PEBEC, chaired by Vice President @ProfOsinbajo, for this job well done in improving Nigeria's business environment.

I look forward to even greater achievements that will make a difference in the lives of all Nigerians. We will not let you down.

See below;

See more at >> https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/president-buhari-reacts-nigeria-moving-24-places-global-business-rankings/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by alobispot(m): 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by Yeligray(m): 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
Lol

11 Likes

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by Eco99(m): 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2017

Why won't we go up 24 places

Men don wise up

Instead of waiting for 5yrs to get a job of 35k

Igbo graduates prefer selling clothes in Aba - Emeka and sons Wears Ltd

Yoruba graduates prefer selling meat with p.o.s
Adeyeye Meats Ltd

Nd Hausa graduates have taken their shoe making ministry to the nxt level - Abdul & Shoes Ltd

#Eco99#

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by FarahAideed: 7:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
Any serious Nigerian Business man knows that is a lie , It was far easier to get business done in Nigeria under Jonarhan than it is now but this fake shallow ranking might be as result of reforms in the CAC and FIRS that made registration of new business and filing tax returns easier but when it comes to actually getting business done it has never been harder than it is under the God forsaken leperous Buhari ..I hate Buhari

69 Likes 10 Shares

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by Spylord48: 7:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
Statistics is like a mini skirt, it doesn't reveal much things!!!

until we see the effects, that when we will believe. The other time Nigeria was quoted to having the best economy in Africa yet the masses aren't feeling the effects. How can you use the statistics of Lagos and Abuja and conclude that everything is alright with our economy?

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by gists: 8:04pm On Oct 31, 2017
I know they will say this should not be attributed to her, but I will still say it.
They said she doesn't have blueprint..... Even though they made ZERO effort to get it as if its supposed to be plucked from thin air
They said she no sabi work.....
They said she no go university....
She supervised the sale of our Euro bond which was hugely over subscribed.
They kept comparing her with a certain Harvard degree holder under whose watch billions were stolen and we were ranked 169th out of 190

Waiting to see on what issue she will put them to shame again.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by 9jvirgin(m): 8:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
This is like saying an individual in coma should be a given chieftaincy title. I am a staunch Buhari supporter but this Senseless, Meaningless and Irrational rankings is a clear sign of unconsciousness and nothingness. How does this translates into a good life for Nigerians?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by maklelemakukula(m): 8:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
save the bullshtfor your zombies

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by wildcatter23(m): 8:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by anonymuz(m): 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2017
I smell lie
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by Spaxon(f): 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2017
Stupid old man

Is it ur efforts.

It's the efforts of focused Nigerians and not tourists like u

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2017
Jonathan really tried during his time a lot of people got jobs from Nairaland.com

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by emsheddy(m): 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2017
Una don carry another one come to take occupy us abi? OK. Una do well for this one. But una still corrupt pass corruption. Una must comot by 2019.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by kay29000(m): 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2017
Okay.
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by saraki2019(m): 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2017
make $500 daily , check my signature for details

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by jazon(m): 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2017
not because of your policies. we have evolved in the face of adversity..... thats just the reason.

check my signature jare
beautiful, affordable and durable........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by NotNairalandi(m): 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2017
Baba everytime you are reacting to something...u wan turn to chemical reaction
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by fxjunkie(m): 8:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
Oh No!
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by RealAAdekunjo(m): 8:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
make e dey allow the whites to be deceiving us, who told him that we improve na vice versa the mews suppose to be

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by tolexy007(m): 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2017
iranu
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by TRUENORTHERNER: 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
Deceit
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by jonnytad(m): 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
Nigerians are yet to feel the impact. ....... our government should stop celebrating mediocrity

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by hyfr(m): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
What we should be asking, which aspect of business is being referred to. Are they talking about the normal trader, bus drivers, hawkers, marketers etc? statistics don't have any value In these type of businesses , experience says better
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by bobnatlo(m): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
What did we do to deserve this kin leadership abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by madridguy(m): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
tongue
Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by segebase(m): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
lies everywere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by ChangetheChange: 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
grin

Mad man

Can Buhari even spell GLOBAL BUSINESS RANK

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by oliidell(m): 8:46pm On Oct 31, 2017
Nigeria has always been and will always be a good market. You don't have to be an economist to know this. So, I'm always very skeptical about these rankings.

Btw, I hope the big man knows that Nigeria was ranked 131 in 2013 and 147 in 2014. We shot into the 170 range in 2015. All the same, kudos for the recovery.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Reacts To Nigeria Moving Up 24 Places In Global 'business Rank" by wisenewgem(m): 8:47pm On Oct 31, 2017
Where is NWAAMIKPE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"President Buhari Doesn't Read Newspapers" - Fayose / Terrorism Financing: 180 BDC Operators Pay N900m Penalties To CBN / 2023: I Consulted Widely Before Declaring For Presidency - Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.